PDA

View Full Version : Quick battle, how does it work?

Ivar
12-10-2004, 19:55
I like this game, but I find it a little bit too slow, so I prefer the "quick battle mode". I've a doubt: in this mode, does it really consider the type of army or it's ever best using all eagual armies if they're the strongest type avaible? So, is it better defend a city with wall using bowmen or is it better using cavallery that's "stronger". Last question: in the manual are explained these things?

OSDSET
13-10-2004, 19:45
and i'd also like to add that there is only open and assualt
what happened to river crossing and the such

Shimo
14-10-2004, 03:44
It doesn't say it explicitly in the manual but I can assure you that the ai takes into account a defender with a wall and archerss being attacked by an army of knights and no seige. I do beleive however, that you are better off leading an attacking army of knights with catapults rather than letting the computer do it.

joasoze
14-10-2004, 10:01
Letting the computer do it will probably ensure larger losses, and that is a good thing to me as it makes the game slightly more difficult. It is already a walk in the park so anyting giving me me trouble is a good thing. I want a difficulty level where I will loose 80% of the time :)

Ivar
14-10-2004, 10:52
Letting the computer do it will probably ensure larger losses, and that is a good thing to me as it makes the game slightly more difficult. It is already a walk in the park so anyting giving me me trouble is a good thing. I want a difficulty level where I will loose 80% of the time :)

I agree, but I think it's important to know what kind of armies use. I suppose that an army that's perfect for normal combat it's not for quick one and so on...
:sick:

Arcador
14-10-2004, 11:06
As general rule - auto leaded battles must bring to more efficiency (less losses) that the automatic.

A difficulty - AUTOBATTLES always LOSE :) and you cannot pause the game while leading...omg - abusive!

joasoze
14-10-2004, 13:12

Ofcourse I meant that I will loose the game 80% of the time, and not 80% of all battles :p