PDA

View Full Version : Destroying buildings

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bora
04-12-2003, 19:35
Hi!

i think not every unit should be able to destroy buildings.
it almost in every strategi game that every little unit that is able to use a knife can destroy a building.
so it would be a little realistik if only units like katapults, balista,...
or archer with fire arrows could destroy buildings.
so i hope the programmers/developers think of it :-)

its stupid to see a horse rideing soldier or a knight stiking his pike into a house to make damage,... so i hope knights of honor willchange that and take my suggestion

Es.
04-12-2003, 19:51
It's not hard to destroy a build.
It requires 1 torch and the roof and the rest of the building is burning, so i can't really see why a knight or a sword man shouldent be abel to burn down a building made of wood and straw's
But i do agree that destroying stone buildings requires more than a burning arrow or torch.

Arjenvs
04-12-2003, 20:02
Originally posted by Es.
It's not hard to destroy a build.
It requires 1 torch and the roof and the rest of the building is burning, so i can't really see why a knight or a sword man shouldent be abel to burn down a building made of wood and straw's
But i do agree that destroying stone buildings requires more than a burning arrow or torch.

Yes about the stone I agree......but when it's wood...still a Knight has no fire with him....I mean they didn't have a lighter back then....;) ...so he has to get the fire from somewhere...

Es.
04-12-2003, 20:09
Originally posted by Arjenvs
Yes about the stone I agree......but when it's wood...still a Knight has no fire with him....I mean they didn't have a lighter back then....;) ...so he has to get the fire from somewhere...
No they did't have a lighter but it ain't that hard to make fire.
How should a moving army else get some hot soup, a roasted pig or a pice of bread for that matter of sake, when they are out in the wild.
Or march during the nights, or have burning torches in there camps at night.
I am simpely asking, cause it could be they knew how to make a fire and use a torch.
okay sorry for being sarcastic in the end, but i don't think it's any problem, if it should be a problem, you can always just go to the first house in the willage with smoke comming up from the chimny and light a torch there.

Arjenvs
04-12-2003, 20:14
Originally posted by Es.
No they did't have a lighter but it ain't that hard to make fire.
How should a moving army else get some hot soup, a roasted pig or a pice of bread for that matter of sake, when they are out in the wild.
Or march during the nights, or have burning torches in there camps at night.
I am simpely asking, cause it could be they knew how to make a fire and use a torch.
okay sorry for being sarcastic in the end, but i don't think it's any problem, if it should be a problem, you can always just go to the first house in the willage with smoke comming up from the chimny and light a torch there.

Yes that's right I think....but still the knight should not be able to make damage to a house without fire...and with fire it is very quickly done...so I d'n't know yet what I think about it....think it's realisticallier (don't know if that is a word...) that only battering rams...catapults and archers with fire torches can burn or destroy a building....

Es.
04-12-2003, 20:17
I do agree that doring a hectic battel a knight won't jsut take out a torch and set fire to a building.
But who says you don't first kill the enemy and then get to chose if you wanna sack/burn down the village or just leave it as it is.

Arjenvs
04-12-2003, 20:21
Originally posted by Es.
I do agree that doring a hectic battel a knight won't jsut take out a torch and set fire to a building.
But who says you don't first kill the enemy and then get to chose if you wanna sack/burn down the village or just leave it as it is.

yes that's true! then they have the time...but how can they make that in the game like that??????

Es.
04-12-2003, 20:31
Easy:

You have won the battel at London foundary do you wanna.
Burn down the settelment.
Leave the settelment as it is.

Arjenvs
04-12-2003, 20:37
Originally posted by Es.
Easy:

You have won the battel at London foundary do you wanna.
Burn down the settelment.
Leave the settelment as it is.

yes ok.....but that's very different then one soldier will be able to destroy a building on his own....

But what you say sounds good,...I think that will be possible....

Es.
04-12-2003, 20:39
If you have 1 soldier left whats to stop him from doing it alone ?
It is durable as long as the enemy is dead.

Arjenvs
04-12-2003, 20:41
Originally posted by Es.
If you have 1 soldier left whats to stop him from doing it alone ?
It is durable as long as the enemy is dead.

.......ok......maybe you are right.....:nono:

:cheers:

Es.
04-12-2003, 20:43
ohh what the heck
:cheers:

Bora
05-12-2003, 08:59
well,.. its true,.. wooden buildins are/should be easier to destroy. but i dont wana see anyway a soldier/knight sticking his sword into the house, farm, what ever and the you see it burning or crushing after a while.
you should see that the solder/knight is taking out a torch and set that wooden building to fire.

but for me is not importand from where he got the torch or the fire to light, cause that would be that "Micromanagement" that the programmers dont wanna build in

its only so that it looks more realistik way when wooden buildings got destroyed by fire then by knife or sword

Bora
05-12-2003, 09:01
Originally posted by Arjenvs
Yes that's right I think....but still the knight should not be able to make damage to a house without fire...and with fire it is very quickly done...so I d'n't know yet what I think about it....think it's realisticallier (don't know if that is a word...) that only battering rams...catapults and archers with fire torches can burn or destroy a building....

well good idea,... you should be able to choose if you wanna born down the buildings or keep them!

Elewyn
05-12-2003, 09:07
Originally posted by Bora
well good idea,... you should be able to choose if you wanna born down the buildings or keep them!
You are, thet's what I think from what I've red here

Arjenvs
05-12-2003, 09:40
Originally posted by Elewyn
You are, thet's what I think from what I've red here

yes we are now you mention it...they said something about the options....

burn down or
plunder or
capture the town/farm/city/query

Jerome
05-12-2003, 10:18
here are the options i have in mind:

do you want to;

1. destroy the city, (burn it down back to level 1)
2. sack the place clean, (weaken it to a lower level, take the loot and leave)
3. occupy the city, (its weakened, but ur in control now)
4. leave the city without occupying it. (leave it 'grey' again)

Arjenvs
05-12-2003, 10:24
Originally posted by Jerome
here are the options i have in mind:

do you want to;

1. destroy the city, (burn it down back to level 1)
2. sack the place clean, (weaken it to a lower level, take the loot and leave)
3. occupy the city, (its weakened, but ur in control now)
4. leave the city without occupying it. (leave it 'grey' again)

Yes ok...4 should also be possible...but when will you do that.....:rolleyes:

Ivan The Terrible
11-12-2003, 05:12
*coughs*

What if I have a lesser army but attack enemy's settlement to fire some buildings for the big victory in the future.

example: Let say i have soldiers who are taking main strike of enemy soldiers on them, and during the battle while almost of all of my soldiers are occupied i send some knights/pikemens anyone else to fire the buildings, after the enemy's *ecnomy* lightened up I retreat to reorganise.

Possible that enemy will try to extinguish the fire, but then i will keep his soldiers busy as long as possible, so the bigger area would be fired up?!

This way I won sometime to grow forces, blew up enemy's economy. Next time I attack I will re-take weakened region and so on..

I hoped to make it as clear as possible, sorry if there is anything wrong.

Elewyn
11-12-2003, 09:23
Originally posted by Ivan The Terrible
*coughs*

What if I have a lesser army but attack enemy's settlement to fire some buildings for the big victory in the future.
example: Let say i have soldiers who are taking main strike of enemy soldiers on them, and during the battle while almost of all of my soldiers are occupied i send some knights/pikemens anyone else to fire the buildings, after the enemy's *ecnomy* lightened up I retreat to reorganise.

This way I won sometime to grow forces, blew up enemy's economy. Next time I attack I will re-take weakened region and so on..

Hi, good question. So, when you do this, you should have strong guarding knight then on the border, cause enemy would like to do the same to you. And if not he himself, then maybe his allies :angel:
But this s a good tactics, I like it 2