PDA

View Full Version : Spies who start revolt

Shimo
13-10-2004, 06:14
I've done this about three times in a row to Scotland, but It makes no sense to me how a spy (even a lvl 5 spy) can constantly make a kingdoms armies revolt. Set spy to infiltrate Scotland. Spy get's hired as marshal. Incite Scotland's armies to revolt, spy goes back into hiding, spy get's hired as marshal, wash, rinse, repeat. I did this about 3 times in a row, with hardly any break between doing so. I don't get how the Scottish King would hire and rehire the same freakin spy 3 times in a row and not notice he is the only marshal not revolting with the armies. Please change this in the AI so that if you try to use this tactic the enemey would grow suspicious of this knight who keeps getting hired right before a revolt. What do you think?

Stupormundi
13-10-2004, 10:23
3 times in a row is good luck- maybe scotland is weak with spies. I lost several 5*Spies against norway and their ransom is horrible (100000+)

Vengaul
13-10-2004, 18:30
Maybe the espionage skill of the scot king is too low :D

dearmad
14-10-2004, 01:30
Maybe, but I've done it to them more than 20 times in a row when I rotated in two 5 star spies to them... Had their entire kingdom revolting for an hour or so... it was fun.

Martinus
18-10-2004, 09:43
The spy is hired each time under a different guise - his portrait changes, as he assumes a different identity. It's not like the King hires the same Sir Stabbity each time. ;)

Hector
18-10-2004, 13:29
well i have a 5 star spy + all kingdom powers including ( secret order ) i am hiring constantly 1000 cleric spys!!!! it sux only because my cleric became the pope without my permission!

Mandragoron
18-10-2004, 13:32
If your cleric gets the chance to become pope, do you realy think he would care about you and his old job ? you can be lucky that he still likes you and will do some favor to his old friend ;)

Hector
18-10-2004, 13:36
yeah but he should since i own the papacy and the most powerfull kingdom no one can mark with me even the pope the papacy lives because of my donations and restoring it like 10 times