PDA

View Full Version : Market?

Carcassone
04-12-2003, 23:11
I realize that this game is and will NOT be age of kings, but one feature in AOK that helped gameplay was a market. Now, before you go off on me, I realize that we the gamers are playing from a kings point of view and that a king could care less about micromanagment. But i started thinking about the game and I was curious of whether there would be a world market of sorts. What i mean by this is that perhaps a king's kingdom generates tremendous amounts of goods in only a couple flavors: lumber, stone, etc. Will a king have the ability to have his knights use a world market to acquire goods that are all but out of reach? Or will a king's knights be stuck with what they are given in their lands and the only way to acquire other goods would be through expansionism? -I know that when a kingdom is captured the conqueror now has the ability to reap the natural resources of that land-.

Arjenvs
04-12-2003, 23:33
For all I know there will be trade....so a market....so I think the anwser is yes.......:cheers:

Elewyn
04-12-2003, 23:36
I think that market would be very useful thing.
I would suggest markets in seports or some kind of upgrade of towns. And also the prize of goods may be different. e.g. stone will be cheaper near alps, more expensive in northern Germany, where was no stone (thet's because they used bricks), marble cheaper in Italy and around etc.
And if you're for example king of Bulgaria, it would be useful for you to break up into Adriatic, to have marble cheaper...

And the prize would already depend on possibility to get certain good in whole Europe. As Arjenvs wrote below-the market should be dynamic

Arjenvs
04-12-2003, 23:38
I think there will be a market..as I said earlier....but don't know what kind....I hope not one like Age of Empires...where you just buy and sell to a none dynamic market (bank like)....I hope you really have to have the good land or sea connections to have the right goods!!!

Es.
05-12-2003, 07:11
I don't hope there will be a market where you just click a stone icon and in comes some wood for a sertain amount of gold.
If you as me i would desire a trading market, where you make deals with other kings and trade what resources he have with your resources or gold.
That way you need some good frinds around europe, or you might get in need of sertain goods.

Elewyn
05-12-2003, 08:25
That's the point. As I said it must depend on how the subject of trade is wanted in Europe - even if it is somewhere.
Very well, @Es.: not to trade with computer, but with real kings or king's/knight's merchants. I don't wanna be able to buy food if whole Europe suffers from hunger. That't the think I hated in AoK's trading.
And if you have not enough money, you should be able to exchange some other valuable goods e.i. piety or another "specialities, if they are wanted and you have enough of them.

Arjenvs
05-12-2003, 09:59
Originally posted by Elewyn
And if you have not enough money, you should be able to exchange some other valuable goods e.i. piety or another "specialities, if they are wanted and you have enough of them.

Valuable goods ok....but 'piety' can't be traded....

Carcassone
05-12-2003, 18:44
My thoughts about a market would be more so in line of setting parameters at a kingdom level. Knowing that this is not a micromanagement RTS I'm more prone to believe that a market would be available to the individual Knights i.e. they will manage the needs of their realms by using a market which could be an actual establishment ala AOK or a type of world market.

As stated in earlier posts, I hope that the market is a fluctuating one where prices, supply/demand change during time.