PDA

View Full Version : Game is NOT a challenge

Pages : [1] 2 3

maruosch
13-10-2004, 12:14
Hi,

in my opinion the game is even on hard mode very easy to master. The ki doesnt build high level units or siege weapons, and does not attack very often or with lots of units.

The game ist very good, but i stopped playing it cause its no challenge. I started trying to mod some files (such like more expensive marshals, buildings etc.) but it doesnt affect ingame.

Is there anyone who can mod the files, who can make the game more difficult by changing some attributes etc.?
I do not think that there will be anything changed with future patches....

excuse my bad english

maruosch

Lord Sandman
13-10-2004, 12:48
Unfortunatelly, you're right ;(

joasoze
13-10-2004, 13:35
The is a dark shadow moving in the east. The darkness is coming, and there are rumours of a patch - patience young knight!

Anduin Rastafar
13-10-2004, 13:38
yo I think we need to wait for the patch, ;)

King Juhafin
13-10-2004, 15:52
but, please don't make it too hard!!! :( just make hard level harder for pro players.

maruosch
13-10-2004, 16:34
yes, thats it!Hard level for users who like a good challenge!!

But arent there any modders who are able to rise the prices or something?

Mopster
13-10-2004, 17:06
not challenging enough ? I own 25 provinces in 3 area;s and i need 8 marshals to be able to battle all the rebels and loyalists. If it was for me they should tweak the rebel/loyalist stuff :) I even get an uprise in provinces with a green percentage

despot666
13-10-2004, 17:30
As I wrote in another post someplace, tweaking the hard diff. level or adding an additional diff. level would, in my opinion, be the optimal way of addressing the "easiness" of the game. Keep in mind, however, that more difficult games (such as Europa Universialis 1&2 and Victoria: A Kingdom Under the Sun) take obscene amounts of time to master and "beat." I for one do not have the time to devote more than 5 or 10 hours a week to game playing, so if I am to have any fun, the game should be somewhat penetrable. I praise BSS and Sunflowers for developing a game that is not as complicated as it is complex.

maruosch
13-10-2004, 20:44
Hmm, wheres the fun if you re able to conquer region after region and the ki does not attack you with units better then swordsman? I do not have much time too in week, but i hate it if i can master a game easily. The opinions are obviously different....;-)

Alex Poff
13-10-2004, 21:20
This game is definitely easy to beat. When I can win my first game while still learning and not have my butt handed to me on a plate, then there is something definitely wrong. The AI definitely needs some fine tuning, eg, building better units, siege equipment, stop calling so dang many wars on each other thereby spreading itself so thin that it can't fight anyone effectively, etc.

silver
13-10-2004, 23:24
you don't need more than an hour to master this on normal level. I played for a cpl days now on normal level and have not been in the slightest challenged at all. It is soo easy - all you need is one merc camp and you will not ever lose a fight. Then you replenish your very exotic units in towns that can't even produce swordsman or any fighting units other than peassants - it's just poorly thought out.
The AI has no options at all and if a patch adds a harder level that just means more revolts and still no tactical ai then it's not worth much.

I, like many here, have been waitng for a long time looking at this forum and am so disapointed with this game. It feels so unfinished. We should not have to need a patch to make it playable - why didn't they sort it before they released it.

I will try the hard level, but from what I have read it's not tactically more in-depth, just the timer and things make it harder.

Alex Poff
14-10-2004, 00:01
Indeed. This, like many others, has the potential to be a very good game. I actually quite like it, but it is not a challenge in any way shape or form. The patch is a must, and it hopefully will be released extremely quickly. By viewing the multiple threads, those "in charge" must be well aware of the growing negativity associated with the games' lack of challenge. They must move quickly to alleviate this negativity, else the game will turn into a "Master of Orion III" debacle.

Alex Poff
14-10-2004, 00:23
Another thing I just thought of. This company would be better off if they learned the lessons so dearly paid by other gaming firms. Atari's name is now mud because of MOO III and their lack of support and more specifically their lack of communication. A company-initiated thread (sticky'd) giving continuous updates on patch status is, in my humble opinion, a must. Surely they realize that there are literally thousands of forum viewers (CUSTOMERS) who paid good money for, hopefully, a great game. This game can be that great game. Keep The Customer Happy. It's the number one rule in any business. In this particular case, happy = information. Unfortunately, I see it all the time in my business life. It's like the old saying "When the Lord was handing out brains, lots of folks thought he said "trains" and decided they'd rather take the bus!" I certainly hope this doesn't turn out to be the case here. I want this game to succeed. I like it. I want to play it. Keep The Customer Happy.

Alex

Laudan
14-10-2004, 00:27
I understood you,you have right!PATCH MUST COMING SOON!!!!

flyinghigh
14-10-2004, 00:43
In my opinion, this game was overhyped for such a long time and now that we've got the real thing, we realize it's not what exactly they've promised. Now that all of dust settles down, people realize what the game is really like and it's dissappointing in one way or another. I was slammed when making an honest first impression, but now more and more people start to realize that this game is lacking big time in one way or another.

William Blake
14-10-2004, 01:03
In my opinion, this game was overhyped for such a long time and now that we've got the real thing, we realize it's not what exactly they've promised. Now that all of dust settles down, people realize what the game is really like and it's dissappointing in one way or another. I was slammed when making an honest first impression, but now more and more people start to realize that this game is lacking big time in one way or another.

I will be first to criticize and flay every little detail of the game, but I think you are wrong here. The game is good, its very good and solid, but it feels like it was rushed a bit to release. It needs tweaks, small balancing and fine tuning, thats all. If dev wont abandon it it will be one of the best games.

And talking about hype. Man, hype is RTW - now thats HYPE. Then you compare it to the KoH its like KoH was PAID to slip away from public attention.

kabo
14-10-2004, 01:08
And talking about hype. Man, hype is RTW - now thats HYPE. Then you compare it to the KoH its like KoH was PAID to slip away from public attention.

Yeah, I mean.. next to nobody knew about this game. I remember when the demo was released, the Blues News comment page had the first poster say something like: "I've never heard of this game." This game has received very little hype.

Alex Poff
14-10-2004, 01:12
Hype or not, most of us seem to agree that this game COULD be one of the best games out there, but not if it is allowed to languish with the standard developers attitude of silence and lack of information and updates on support issues. It must be painfully clear to most of us that there are issues,(albeit minor in SOME instances) with this game.

TheSaint
14-10-2004, 01:21
cheat code for zoom and harder gameplay will make this game one of te best ever played. without those this game is nothing but a clickfest

dearmad
14-10-2004, 01:24
Yep it COULD be good-

but the AI is silly both strategicaly and in battles.

And the battles unfold way too quickly IMO- it's basically one big clash and it's over- flank if you can!