PDA

View Full Version : Aging of Units, Knights, Kings

Pages : [1] 2 3

Carcassone
04-12-2003, 23:16
Since this game seems to be built on a map that could take quite some time to complete (both reality hours and game play hours/days/months), will there be an aging effect on knights and kings?

In past posts i've read that kings who are killed by spies, battles, etc have successors who will reign in their stay. I guess i'm asking will life cycles play a part in this game? Or will a king's passing only be a result of injuries on a battlefield or succombing to a spies poison?

Arjenvs
04-12-2003, 23:35
I so hope there will be aging in the game.......a little bit strange that one king rules for like 100 years while the other one is killed in 1 month......the last can still happen offcourse....but the first hopefully not!!!!!

Elewyn
04-12-2003, 23:42
And also another which is not so far from this... What about giving a birth? It must be also part of diplomacy - to get young wife to give me sons as soon as possible - not only political marriages looking just for good alies. No matter-what to do with good alies if they can't offer you good wife to merry her?;)

Of course, it depends on how the aging will work

Arjenvs
04-12-2003, 23:47
Originally posted by Elewyn
And also another which is not so far from this... What about giving a birth? It must be also part of diplomacy - to get young wife to give me sons as soon as possible - not only political marriages looking just for good alies. No matter-what to do with good alies if they can't offer you good wife to merry her?;)

Of course, it depends on how the aging will work

Yes indeed offcourse how could we forget....sons and daughters have to be born....so...

*wait....comes with a brilliant idea.....*

Fruijn or Frank Fay did mention that you could give your daughter to be wedd.....so therefor...she had to be born....this will not happen only ones in the game..so...there will be generations...so>>>>aging!!!!

Am I wrong???

Elewyn
04-12-2003, 23:53
Originally posted by Arjenvs
Yes indeed offcourse how could we forget....sons and daughters have to be born....so...

*wait....comes with a brilliant idea.....*

Fruijn or Frank Fay did mention that you could give your daughter to be wedd.....so therefor...she had to be born....this will not happen only ones in the game..so...there will be generations...so>>>>aging!!!!

Am I wrong???
hope you're not:cheers:

Richard Plantagenet
05-12-2003, 00:00
well, the aging worked well for kings in MTW and princes.

However, the generals (and ex heirs) never age. :confused: hopefully this problem is addressed in KOH

Arjenvs
05-12-2003, 00:03
Originally posted by Richard Plantagenet
well, the aging worked well for kings in MTW and princes.

However, the generals (and ex heirs) never age. :confused: hopefully this problem is addressed in KOH

yes indeed....but harder to implement....cause during the whole game there will be very very much knights...and names...and little dynasties....I hope it will be so....but I don't think so....:rolleyes:

Elewyn
05-12-2003, 00:10
yes indeed....but harder to implement....cause during the whole game there will be very very much knights...and names...and little dynasties....I hope it will be so....but I don't think so....:rolleyes:

So maybe the best would be if the time will be passin', but not very fast, just like e.i. a year an game=an hour in real (damn.:scratch: What is real? I don't wanna became a philosofer :bash: )

Arjenvs
05-12-2003, 09:51
So maybe the best would be if the time will be passin', but not very fast, just like e.i. a year an game=an hour in real (damn.:scratch: What is real? I don't wanna became a philosofer :bash: )

that doesn't make sense.....cause the things that happen in the game...for instance a knight moves from spain to Paris.....has to take a amount of time...and that has to be like 1 or 2 months (wild guess) but will be also 1 2 monts in the game.....and not half an hour in real time....or so....

couldn' compare it goo....but think you know what I mean.....

Elewyn
05-12-2003, 10:09
that doesn't make sense.....cause the things that happen in the game...for instance a knight moves from spain to Paris.....has to take a amount of time...and that has to be like 1 or 2 months (wild guess) but will be also 1 2 monts in the game.....and not half an hour in real time....or so....

couldn' compare it goo....but think you know what I mean.....
hope I know what you mean. But it's good. You can't reach immedietly From Paris to Mardid. That's why it is RTS.
And if year=hour, then month=5minutes, well, what about make it once faster:) year=30mins,month=2.5mins.

Madrid/better Toledo for medieval/ and Paris are not so close and it took about 1month, not much longer

Arjenvs
05-12-2003, 10:27
hope I know what you mean. But it's good. You can't reach immedietly From Paris to Mardid. That's why it is RTS.
And if year=hour, then month=5minutes, well, what about make it once faster:) year=30mins,month=2.5mins.

Madrid/better Toledo for medieval/ and Paris are not so close and it took about 1month, not much longer

yes ok but it will not be a sollution to the problem....cause still the king has to die in like 40-50 years and maybe knights too....so still you have to many knights......the game speed does not influence that......what only matters is....how long will the game take....(in game years) and how long will a knight or king live.....then you still have the problem that you need too many knights.....

Elewyn
05-12-2003, 12:24
It's true, @Arjenvs. But there's another problem,also.

I tried to make map compatibile for KoH-and I tried to follow number of realms what I saw on screenshots.
And? Only in Italy(11),France(+Bretagne 9), British isles(11), The Balkans (Croatia,Serbia,Bulgaria, Byzantine emp.,Wallachia, 19) I counted 50 realms and it's less than half of Europe and devs said there will be 70+realms. Then I tried to do rest of Europe, like HRE(about 12),Scandinavia(about 8 ), Hnagary+Poland (about 10) Eastern Europe (about 10), Spain+Portugal (8-10) and my final result was about 100 realms.
The map is here:
http://elvain.album.cz/koh/
click on the map, called "upgrade"

It needs such more than 150+knights, I think about 200+knights to make possible ability of having 2knights to realm (father>>son>>father...for changing generations)
So, by simple counting it's impossible to have changing of generations. I think, there won't be anything like this. But now I ask. How is possible to have daughters and sons?

Is it then like if the knight dies, his son will be the same knight?
So there are two solutions, if we want to have father and son in each realm:
1) make up more knights
2) (more for "What nations can we play?") to down the number of realms in England, Italy and the Balkans (nowhere else are realms so small in that number and if-possible, then only for about 1-3per region like Eastern Europe,less than2in Sp+Por. etc.)

Or will the system be diferrent?, not a knight per realm?

Arjenvs
05-12-2003, 12:34
Think that only kings age....Knigts don't....so only kings with daughters and sons.....fine by me....:cheers:

Elewyn
05-12-2003, 12:39
Think that only kings age....Knigts don't....so only kings with daughters and sons.....fine by me....:cheers:

It looks like the only possibility.:cheers:

Arjenvs
05-12-2003, 14:48

The map is here:
http://elvain.album.cz/koh/
click on the map, called "upgrade"

Looks nice.....isn't that much work??? in wich program do you make that....

*psssst....post numero 300...... * ;)

Elewyn
05-12-2003, 14:55
Looks nice.....isn't that much work??? in wich program do you make that....

*psssst....post numero 300...... * ;)

Don't want to know:)
Just to think about that work and the only thing I can do is to :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: etc.:D

rado907
05-12-2003, 15:41
different times - different nations

for example the map of 700 is entirely different from that of 1200.

So don't worry. We will probably see 70+ nations.

Elewyn
05-12-2003, 16:39
05-12-2003 16:31

different times - different nations
for example the map of 700 is entirely different from that of 1200.
So don't worry. We will probably see 70+ nations.
You wrote nothing new.
I don't worry. I know there will be no 70+nations. Can you imagine that? what nations? There's not so many nations in Europe. 70+ realms, I wrote and it was because there will be much more realms than70+ on the map. I think 26nations is enough.
You understood me badly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
donīt understand....now did you make it...or did you find it?? and only colored it or something.....:confused:

Sorry, I made it.
It's combination of these two:

http://www.avault.com/news/avscreenshots.asp?pic=knighthonor&num=3&story=11212003-1134

http://www.euratlas.com/big/big1300.htm

the second used as base, the first used for colours and selection of realms and kingdoms

Arjenvs
05-12-2003, 17:03
Sorry, I made it.
It's combination of these two:

http://www.avault.com/news/avscreenshots.asp?pic=knighthonor&num=3&story=11212003-1134

http://www.euratlas.com/big/big1300.htm

the second used as base, the first used for colours and selection of realms and kingdoms

funny....you now qoute from a post I deleted before this post of you.....so you qoute me from something that does not exsists anymore......

But great job!!

:cheers:

Jorghan
05-12-2003, 17:14
Actually, what I would like to see are full family lines, not just for the rulers, but for knights as well. Also, when you marry your daughters away, or marry anothers daughter, they should remain listed somewhere, not just disappear. So you may have a knight who's the nephew of the queen mother, for example, and this would affect his loyalty.