PDA

View Full Version : Is the problem realy so big...

Alio
13-10-2004, 18:31
I'm wating of KoH with great passion but I am confused by the many complains about the gameplay, difficult levels and the AI. Is the problem realy so big and if it is, when is the so important patch supposed for release:
a/ in a few days
b/ in a few weeks
c/ ...
Thanks!

Noldy
13-10-2004, 19:02
We really have no idea when the patch comes. Only that it will come "soon"...

Angryminer
13-10-2004, 19:25
I don't regard the problems as critical. They more like opinions.

Angryminer

King Juhafin
13-10-2004, 20:09
yeah, i think the problems are mostly just based on opinions (most of em are really good opinions, what i've heard).

flyinghigh
14-10-2004, 01:00
Well, I haven't visited the forum for a while now after I game my first honest impression of the game, for which I was slammed at the time, by all these over-excited people. The dust has settled, the excitement wore of a little and now more and more people are seeing the (major) flaws of this game. Life can be so funny....

This game took years to develop, so I wouldn't expect a patch to soon. It's all starting too look like the Lords of the Realm 3 scenerio. First a lot of hype, excitement, happy people, but after a few weeks people started realizing that the game didn't meet the expectations at all and soon LOR3 was doomed. Even the patch (which improved the game a lot), couldn't save ot anymore.

Alex Poff
14-10-2004, 01:07
Exactly! That's why the developers (or whomever) have to move NOW! Keep us informed. Patch now! Release more patches later! Games with the best reputations actually have had multiple patches, where many, but not all things were fixed, one at a time. Get it done, and do it now, or you are absolutely correct, this game will drop into the discount bargain bin quicker than you can say "Master of Orion III". To give you an example of what not to do, they have just posted a new update on the main website, showing pictures and highlights of the release party. While I am certain that they all had a good time and it was rightly deserved, unhappy customers don't want to see this, they want to see results. Party all you want, take pride in your accomplishments, but keep it to yourself until the job is done.

dearmad
14-10-2004, 01:23
I think the game needs a patch before it's really playable.

Of COURSE these are our opinions. And IMO the game is not worth it at the moment (especially to NA buyers) ; however, I have some faith in the devs on this and hope the patch will address a number of gamebalancing issues that would make the game a lot more fun.

And duh: IMO.

Alex Poff
14-10-2004, 01:30
Dearmad: But they need to stop "not saying anything" about the timing of the patch and keep us informed. You're right, it is our opinion only, but it is becoming rapidly apparent that this game must be patched. Crap, my 9 year old son, who hasn't really learned sheep dip from shinola can beat this game. Seriously, he is playing his first game, on normal level, I gave him a few pointers and he is the most powerful ruler in Europe in his game. Heck, playing any other strategy game, he usually gives up because they are way too difficult for him, but not this one!

Funkybax
14-10-2004, 10:19
I'm wating of KoH with great passion but I am confused by the many complains about the gameplay, difficult levels and the AI. Is the problem realy so big and if it is, when is the so important patch supposed for release:
a/ in a few days
b/ in a few weeks
c/ ...
Thanks!

To me the game is very nice.

Yes, need some AI works.