PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here played Birthright: The Gorgon's Alliance?

kabo
13-10-2004, 19:30
Here's a review of it: http://www.avault.com/reviews/review_temp.asp?game=birth&page=1

It's a game that I played six or so years ago. Still one of my favorite games. I've always been hoping for a sequel to that game, and even given the launch problems that Knights of Honor is currently experiencing, KoH is the game that comes closest to creating the fun I've had with Birthright. It was very similar to Knights of Honor. You had a large selection of countries to play. After you selected, you were at the helm of the entire empire. You can set alliances and declare war on other countries. You had to build your economy. You had to build your military and hire generals, etc. You even had a royal court to whom you'd seek council and gain a ton of information. It was a very fun game, and KoH is the only game similar to it.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anybody has played it before and also saw similarities between the two. Anybody?

Edit: Check out page 4 for the screenshots to get a better taste of what the game was like.

Lord Sandman
14-10-2004, 10:56
YYEEAAHH!!! It's nice to see that someone has played with that! IMO it's one of the greatest game which was produced by Sierra ( besides Lords of the Realm 1&2, Lords of Magic and Conqueror A.D.1068). Strategy level of playing Birthright is awesome, but RPG mode, when we exploring dungeons and strongholds is boring - I'm skipping it.... I love battles and management of Kingdom... Diplomacy level is on very high level too... Birthright is very good strategy game - turn based, but battles in real time...It's old, but really kick ***, especially for players, who read the book.