PDA

View Full Version : Conquer a city.....

Arjenvs
05-12-2003, 10:38
How will that go....like a city with a city wall around the whole city>> siege.....but a city without citywall...with castle.....can you only attack the castle...or can you first conquer the city..and then the castle....??

example of city without wall...with castle....:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/knightsofhonor/screens.html?page=52

Elewyn
05-12-2003, 10:47
Originally posted by Arjenvs
How will that go....like a city with a city wall around the whole city>> siege.....but a city without citywall...with castle.....can you only attack the castle...or can you first conquer the city..and then the castle....??

example of city without wall...with castle....:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/knightsofhonor/screens.html?page=52
I think the important for conquering (taking rule over realm) is the castle, but the town with no walls can be easily plundered like the harbour or other production zones

Arjenvs
05-12-2003, 10:51
Originally posted by Elewyn
I think the important for conquering (taking rule over realm) is the castle, but the town with no walls can be easily plundered like the harbour or other production zones

yes the harbour and production zones...but what about the town..?

Elewyn
05-12-2003, 11:12
Originally posted by Arjenvs
yes the harbour and production zones...but what about the town..?
The town? It's the same if it has no walls, I guess. Easy to plunder, useless for conquering the realm, but, of course, usefull for your economy (I hope the knight is able to get everything from plundering areas, like tradable gods and resources and send it "home")

Arjenvs
05-12-2003, 11:22
The town? It's the same if it has no walls, I guess. Easy to plunder, useless for conquering the realm, but, of course, usefull for your economy (I hope the knight is able to get everything from plundering areas, like tradable gods and resources and send it "home")

yes that's what I hope too!!! maybe someday we get an anwser from the devs....till then..we will have to spaculate.....

Elewyn
08-12-2003, 09:46
Here is another question to this theme. Maybe I shold started a new thread, but I think this is concerning with conquering cities/towns...

If I once conquer a town. I expect that the first thing I need to do is to repair the walls, gates and towers which I desdtroyed during the siege.
So how is this reparation possible and is it possible at all? How will the town/castle look like after a siege?

I hope it would be as damaged as I damaged it (and, of course, the same when an enemy conquered one of my towns)

And well. How will the ppeople react if I take a town but after a while there's another army to take it and they (people)are hungry after a long seige. They should hate me and fight against me. Can they rebel without a leader if my knight/army is in besieged town and make it easier for my enemy?(and the same on the other side)

Arjenvs
08-12-2003, 11:24
Here is another question to this theme. Maybe I shold started a new thread, but I think this is concerning with conquering cities/towns...

If I once conquer a town. I expect that the first thing I need to do is to repair the walls, gates and towers which I desdtroyed during the siege.
So how is this reparation possible and is it possible at all? How will the town/castle look like after a siege?

I hope it would be as damaged as I damaged it (and, of course, the same when an enemy conquered one of my towns)

And well. How will the ppeople react if I take a town but after a while there's another army to take it and they (people)are hungry after a long seige. They should hate me and fight against me. Can they rebel without a leader if my knight/army is in besieged town and make it easier for my enemy?(and the same on the other side)

The castle will be damaged....there is a clear screenshot abou that on th esite.......and I assume that you can fix that after the batle....

wther the people will hate you for it....or love you for th erebuilding...I don't know....

:cheers:

Cork2
08-12-2003, 16:33
I am sure you can attack both. While you have the catapults and trebuchets pounding at the castles your other units could be killing enemy people and burning down houses.

Elewyn
08-12-2003, 21:10
Originally posted by Cork2
I am sure you can attack both. While you have the catapults and trebuchets pounding at the castles your other units could be killing enemy people and burning down houses.

Who is both?

Emhyr var Emreis
08-12-2003, 23:11
Who is both?
Probably the attacker and rebels?

My question. What if the only way to capture the castle is to destroy it all? It will need rebuilding, but what about the realm in that short time when there will be no castle?:angel:

Elewyn
08-12-2003, 23:40
OK, Welcome Emhyr var Emreis. Nice question :) I already have seen this name somewhere. Everyone, be carefull, we have here powerfull emperor of Nilfgaard:D

But back to the topic.
When you are closed in besieged town and there's a big danger of attack from he outside. It's not good to have an enemy-rebels inside. So, can town's people rebel? And if yes, can they rebel if there's knight inside? And if yes, who is the owner of the town?

*Edit 10-12-2003 15:04*

Thanx for the answer - the next post. I'm affraid some people dislike me because I have too much posts, so I'll try to reduce it as possible, so this is one way...

But I was asking about the situation when I'm besieged and the rown is rebelling, not about if I can attack only the castle or only the town.

But there's new idea. What about a town with a castle where also is some garisson. The town is about to fall into attackers hands, can the town garrison be pulled to the castle and defend it when the town is fallen? Then the province would be still mine and I'm able to send reinforcements there, even if the town is fallen.

Cork2
09-12-2003, 17:40
Both is the city and the Castle

Emhyr var Emreis
10-12-2003, 15:54
Theres sth new above:) in my last post
Really, is, but why you wrote it in there, when you then posted another post, huh? :D

Es.
10-12-2003, 16:04
Some where, there is a picture (handdrawn) with a bit of text on, it's hard to read cause it's small, and with a weird letter type.
But it describes how you conquere a castel, you have to enter the castel and change the flag of the castel into your own banner and first when this is done the castel is yours.
What comes to the town, well i really don't care when you counqour the town but the castel is still held by the enemy, cause what's the use of a town when there is a big castel inside the town that can fire upon you with boulders and arrows, so i say counqour it all and you have taken the town and castel.
Besides the town is often placed up around the castel, so to get to a castel you need to first take the town.

Cork2
10-12-2003, 17:45
Originally posted by Es.
But it describes how you conquere a castel, you have to enter the castel and change the flag of the castel into your own banner and first when this is done the castel is yours.

Can you see the fight inside a castle while they are working their way towards the flag/ banner?

Es.
10-12-2003, 21:43
Originally posted by Cork2
Can you see the fight inside a castle while they are working their way towards the flag/ banner?
Do not know, it's only hand drawn scetch of a castel.
But i do personaly think you can see soldiers fighting, cause the dev's have said you can see soldiers in trhe castels and screen shots showes them too, so why shouldent you not see them fight?
But i do not know only a gues.

Cork2
11-12-2003, 01:54
No, no, no i know they can fight i was just wondering if you can see them inside the castle fighting the guards. There are windows but they are just to small to look throught. I am sure you can see them fighting on top of walls, but i don't know about fighting inside a building.