PDA

View Full Version : Would like to...

King Yngvar
14-10-2004, 22:53
Would like to edit a few things:

1: Disable men at arms for the early middle ages (Disabling them in Scandinavia for all periods).

2: Disable feudal knights for the early middle ages.

3: Enable swordsmen and heavy swordsmen in the Scandinavian regions, enabling heavy swordsmen from early middle ages.

4: Change stats on "viking" unit, name change and change of other unit stats.

5: Enable Varangians as special kingdom unit for Scandinavian kingdoms (Norway, Sweden, Denmark), changing it's name when produced by Scandinavians to "huskar" or "hirdmann". And also change the coat of arms on their shields.

6: Give Viken to Norway in early period (can't stand the nostalgia and Danish rebels in Viken). Viken was innhabited by Norwegians, occupied by Denmark at some times (970-975, 1000-1015, 1028-1035). But by the beginning of year 1000 (as the early period starts), Norway was in no way occupied by Denmark, Olav Tryggvasson died in the end of that year.

Now I have said what I would like to fix for my own little mod, then comes the question, how do I make it so? There is no text files, only pak files hard to open and when opened, impossible to understand. Why is it so much harder to mod than for example MTW or EUII.
Will a mod tool or something be released for download?

NoC Lord Fire
14-10-2004, 23:13
Try here : http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?t=2609&highlight=patch

King Yngvar
15-10-2004, 01:33
Well actually I know they will never include my wishes in a patch, so I am not hoping for that either. I just want to know how to edit the files, or maybe if there was going to be made an editor...

William Blake
15-10-2004, 02:04
Why is that so? You talked to the devs and they say "no"?

You think anything needs to be changed - speak up. People will comment your ideas and devs will see what you are missing.

As far as I know they not only do listen to the community, but they do CARE a lot.

PS
You might understand that no matter what you offer to chage it can be done overnight, and if they more important issues to fix, then some stuff can wait a bit, right?

King Juhafin
15-10-2004, 16:15
I agree with King Yngvar. except this ''(Disabling them in Scandinavia for all periods).''

Klauwaart
16-10-2004, 00:04
If you accept to help your ally - there should be a punishment if you don't fulfill your duty within a certain time - I did accept but had an revolt and did not send my troops and had no trouble after all.

King Yngvar
16-10-2004, 18:29
except this ''(Disabling them in Scandinavia for all periods).''

Well maybe enable them in late period for Denmark and Sweden, but not for Norway, we used round shield to the end (though they was of iron by then). And heavy swordsmen should really be enabled in the northern countries from early on (plus many other countries).

Why is that so? You talked to the devs and they say "no"?

You think anything needs to be changed - speak up. People will comment your ideas and devs will see what you are missing.

As far as I know they not only do listen to the community, but they do CARE a lot.

PS
You might understand that no matter what you offer to chage it can be done overnight, and if they more important issues to fix, then some stuff can wait a bit, right?

Well, I am just presuming it would be easier to modify the game myself (if there was some text files!) that actually getting the devs to follow all these suggestions...

If the developers would be so kind to put it all into a patch that would of course be the best, or at least release a modding tool. If not, I may have need some help on how to mod the game myself.

Does anyone know how to mod the game here? Winhex could only be downloaded in trial version (you can't save the files), so maybe something else. Also, if I would find a complete version of winhex online, I would need to learn all the codes needed...

I posted it anyway on a patch topic...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh and I might not have explained 4 and 5 good enough:

On 4 I would rename to to Berserk, set up their morale, attack and price.

On 5 I would enable them for Scandinavians, rename them and paint their shields with a black raven on white background...