PDA

View Full Version : Everything RON should have been

rss0900
23-10-2003, 00:41
When I heard they were making a sequel to Age of Kings and Conquests - I was thrilled. When I tried the demo for RON - I was heartbroken. IMO - it was a 180 degree turn around from the classic AOK collection, I hated it. This game looks like the sequel I have been wanting for so long. Looking forward to this one alot .

vyanvotts
23-10-2003, 00:53
hmm, have to dissagree, in my opinion RON is a great game.....very enjoyable on multiplayer....when it works......especially the diplomacy games...in my opinion these are kinda differnt games...i dont think RON set out to be anything like this, RON is great in its own right.

Rohag
23-10-2003, 03:16
The Age games were developed by Ensemble Studios; Big Huge Games developed Rise of Nations. A group of designers/artists who had left Firaxis - known for the Civilization turn-based strategy games, and who had nothing to do with the Age games formed Big Huge Games in 2000.

Age of Mythology was the next in the series of Age games by Ensemble Studios.

Nevertheless, Knights of Honor appears (at first glance) to be Age of Kings/Conquerors taken to a higher, more sophisticated level. I'll certainly follow news of this game with great interest.

Huwie
23-10-2003, 08:37
That's the first negative thing I've ever heard about Rise of Nations...

Gorgoroth
23-10-2003, 11:28
I never liked RoN..

Overdose
23-10-2003, 12:24
Neither did I..

rss0900
23-10-2003, 13:28
I don't want to make this a RON post -

I personally did not lile RON, many people do like it and that is not a bad thing to me. It is just a different type of strategy game than I was used to - my point was this game KOH really has me excited - it seems like the sequel I was expecting from the age games. I for one am really looking forward to this one.

Frank Fay
23-10-2003, 14:12
I think it is more what you were expecting from it. I had a lot of fun with it and definately 45 Euros worth. :)

vyanvotts
23-10-2003, 23:42
ron was a great game......very playable........jsut shame about the time its taking for the final patch.....spys really annoy me right now...the AI micro manages them big time.

DruStorm
24-10-2003, 05:53
I was hoping that RON would be a cross between AOE and Civ: A chance to build a dandy empire, then go out and bash the other guy. RON has some really great features, but ultimately IMO the end game was a slugfest. This game looks like it has great potential.

DruStorm

Thugs make war.

LordMatthias
24-10-2003, 15:53
Add me to the list that didn't like RoN at all. I thought the game was a clickfest, the person to click the mouse the fastest wins.

I played it for 3 days and haven't touched it since. CnC generals and Zero Hour is still fun, but I prefer castles, walls, swords, and stuff like that, basically, the medieval theme/setting is my favorite RTS genre.

vyanvotts
24-10-2003, 17:53
am i the only person who like RON in here!?:mad:

Kevin
24-10-2003, 23:29
Originally posted by vyanvotts
hmm, have to dissagree, in my opinion RON is a great game.....very enjoyable on multiplayer....when it works......especially the diplomacy games...in my opinion these are kinda differnt games...i dont think RON set out to be anything like this, RON is great in its own right.

It sure is a good game RoN!:)

vyanvotts
25-10-2003, 03:07
Originally posted by Kevin
It sure is a good game RoN!:)

wow finally somone agrees with me...:D