PDA

View Full Version : no avaible armies

Ivar
16-10-2004, 21:32
Is it normal that I can built "armoury" in cities that could never build any armoured unit, or that I can built stable in cities that could never build any mounted unit?!?

Alex Poff
16-10-2004, 23:20
yes. it is. It allows you the opportunity to make a mental error and build a building that will have absolutely no use to you.

Stupormundi
17-10-2004, 01:55
Look at the details. Most military buildings grants you a bonus (+ 1worker, +5% citydefense etc.) I use free slots for those buildings, even without the chance of building units.

Ivar
17-10-2004, 10:04
Some have no bonuses. I don't like the opportunity to make errors... It seems (to me) more like a bug! Anyway, thx!
:)

Arcador
17-10-2004, 10:11
Every building althou gives nothing to the town makes its stronghold one level better.

Martinus
17-10-2004, 10:46
Besides, most nations have kingdom-wide units, so even though the armory is of no use to you, it may be of use to another nation that has kingdom-wide armored units.

CustodianV131
18-10-2004, 23:08
It would be handy though and might be suggested before, if the military buildings indicated which military units you'll be able to build in that town after construction of said building.

Now when you garrison slots are filled and you've no marshall in town its really hard to see what you can build there and which buildings you need to do so. Plus its really unclear as stated above which buildings give the opportunity to recruit a new unit and which buildings only give a small bonus to the province/town.

Angryminer
19-10-2004, 10:36
CustodianV131: That would make the tooltipps very complex:
"If you build training grounds, a swordssmith and a stable you will be able to recruit light cavalry.
If you build training grounds, a bowcrafter and a stable you will be able to recruit mounted archers.
If you build training grounds, a masterswordssmith, a stable, an armory and a plate-armor-crafter you will be able to recruit feudal knights.
etc."
And this is just a part of the tooltipp of the corn-store.
But didn't Frujin say that we will be able to see which units can be recruited in each city after the patch is released? Then you can just look into the tooltipp of the unit to see which buildings are required.

Angryminer

CustodianV131
19-10-2004, 19:43
CustodianV131: That would make the tooltipps very complex:
"If you build training grounds, a swordssmith and a stable you will be able to recruit light cavalry.
If you build training grounds, a bowcrafter and a stable you will be able to recruit mounted archers.
If you build training grounds, a masterswordssmith, a stable, an armory and a plate-armor-crafter you will be able to recruit feudal knights.
etc."
And this is just a part of the tooltipp of the corn-store.
But didn't Frujin say that we will be able to see which units can be recruited in each city after the patch is released? Then you can just look into the tooltipp of the unit to see which buildings are required.

Angryminer

Aye, good point! Might indeed become to complex.

The solution that the devs are going to patch in sounds indeed better! Still you'll have to check carefully if you don't want to build a "useless" building that only gives a little defense bonus. Still at least it will be visible, so this solution which works for me!

caribou
22-10-2004, 01:45
Well, if you dont need the building, you can destroy it. So even if you make a mental mistake, you can correct it