PDA

View Full Version : Question about capturing........

dagger
18-10-2004, 16:08
Can any kind soul tell me what happens when you capture an enemy marshal, but have no free slots open?

Thanks!! :king:

King Juhafin
18-10-2004, 17:28
i think they wont capture him then, he ''dies'' in the battle.. :/

Harry
18-10-2004, 19:02
That is right. Even so, if you play a manual battle and capture the enemy knight, as long as you have no free slots, he will die anyway...

In my opinion, thats really a shame. We should have a seperate Dungeon.
A captured knight should not take a slot in your court ;( It hurts my plans.
All too often I have 2 or more Prisoners of War.

Sometimes, it is even a political decision of me to try to capture a knight, then release him. It increases the your standing with the other realms greatly!
(Then again, the AI should not pay the ransom so easily.)

NoC Lord Fire
18-10-2004, 19:12
I agree, dungeon would be nice..Maybe they will put it in a patch

King Juhafin
18-10-2004, 20:20
yeah, i hope so!

Lord Sandman
25-10-2004, 16:15
I completelly agree!!
With three prisoners I don't have too many slots for my marshals... Best idea is to allow some kind of dungeons or something...Or maybye like in HOMM4 captured marshall will be locked in nearest city....

weaz
25-10-2004, 17:25
a prison with a new option, release captured marshall, he'll go back to his country and try to cause some rebellion. there is a chance that he just betrayes you and runs like hell

Paladin|Lazy|
26-10-2004, 03:58
I'd like to see caslte-based dungeons, as Lord Sandman has mentioned. It makes sense that you could fight to free a marshal by attacking the castle inside the city he's been imprisoned. Of course, smart players, AI and non-AI, will put high value prisoners in castles closer to their strongest military presence. It would also make sense to increase the chance of freeing the prisoner at night much higher.

Alex Poff
26-10-2004, 20:43
Now that's a great idea! A chance to free a captured marshall!

Arcador
26-10-2004, 21:18
That sounds more like Addon :P
"The battle for freeing the prisoner" - it is too deep and detailed for such game...but maybe another rpg medieval europe game where you take the lead of 1 marshal and his ultra super elite knights to turn the side of war....

weaz
27-10-2004, 16:20
What about: If the enemy captures one of your marshalls and you have a spy in the enemy's royal court you can ask the spy to help the marshall escape, at night this has a bonus.

OSDSET
07-11-2004, 14:42
weaz : i like it!!!!!!!!!!

weaz
07-11-2004, 20:16
Add a dungeon -you can only build 1 in your capital city - with following options:

- Torture prisoner (If you don't know which country has sent him.)(included)
- Execute prisoner (logic and already included)
- Promote prisoner (release the captured marshall and add him to your royal court, so that he'll fight for you, the chance that he deserts is very big if you are losing the war with the country that he originally was working for.)
- Release prisoner 1: (releasing the prisoner improves your relation with the prisoner's country and the country's allies)
- Release prisoner 2: (release the captured marshall, he returns to his original country and tries to cause some rebellion, the more powerful your country and the less powerful the infiltrated kingdom the more chance you have that the marshall obeys you and doesn't desert.)
- Kidnapping (when your spy infiltrates a country and he is idle you can kidnap a member of the royal family and flee to your city with dungeon.)

One more option: Marry your king's daughter to a country and give her the command to poison the enemy or allied prince or king. This doesnt result in a kingdom drop because it happens unnoticed.

Lord Elric
08-11-2004, 15:02
I like the last idea very much.
For freeing the marshals it could be done a lot easier, though not so reallistic. The whole dungeon can be located at a castle , which if fallen into enemy hands hands the prisioners to him, giving the option of deciding what to do with the prisioners which are not of his court. The dungeon can be moved from castle to castle, but it will take time and the risk of having an escaped prisioner during the change of the place is bigger. That will not require so many changes in patch I guess.