PDA

View Full Version : Replenish of units costs like new unit!

Markussuppe
19-10-2004, 12:43
Why? Can you tell me?

Angryminer
19-10-2004, 13:44
Balancing.
:go:

Angryminer

King Juhafin
19-10-2004, 15:18
Angryminer, please make longer replys for our poor peasants, thanks. :)

John Henry III
19-10-2004, 15:26
The soldiers, may have ruined there shields and swords...

Angryminer
19-10-2004, 15:34
I'll explain my thoughts about the problem:
Either the devs were too lazy to do a "half of the soldiers died, so replenishment costs half the money"-calculation or they wanted it the way it is now.
But the "half of...."-calculation takes about 5 minutes of time to implement it, so this can not be the actual reason.
There is just one left: The devs wanted it this way simple because they think the gameplay is better this way. In other words:
Because of the balancing.

Angryminer

Sir Scrapton
19-10-2004, 15:35
I was a little teed when I had to pay full price at first but then I noticed the stars above some of my units after they fought. I don't really read manuals but so I assume they are more skilled due to experience. So, bottom line is, if the unit has multiples stars and is half gone or more, it is worth the full price to refill it.

King Juhafin
19-10-2004, 19:12
I was a little teed when I had to pay full price at first but then I noticed the stars above some of my units after they fought. I don't really read manuals but so I assume they are more skilled due to experience. So, bottom line is, if the unit has multiples stars and is half gone or more, it is worth the full price to refill it.
yeah that's right.. it is logical. :cheers:

Frujin
19-10-2004, 19:26
Also, please understand that you ARE happy with this as it is :) You may not know it ... but you like that feature.

Now imagine, you have marshal with 9 squads archers. All damaged a bit. Some more and some less. You see same icon, but the price for them will be different, depending on how exacly damaged is the squad. Now you have to roll over your mouse over each one to see in the tooltip the price for THIS specific squad of archers. Now, you know - archers = 500 gold and THAT'S all :)

And honestly, the units are not that expensive in KoH. If you can't afford to pay few hundreds for refill, I think you are kind of screwed anyway :)

Markussuppe
21-10-2004, 10:47
yeah that's right.. it is logical. :cheers:

Now I understand. Thanks a lot 4 help :)

King Yngvar
21-10-2004, 15:34

Best explanation till now, did not really buy Angryminer's "balancing" :)