PDA

View Full Version : Unit experience in combat ?

Henrik
07-12-2003, 03:28
Hi

I can’t figure out whether or not the units gain experience from the battles they participate in ? – reading the FAQ I get the impression that there are “only” 4 experience levels and that is that !

I would like to my light, but battle hardened, infantry beat the living daylight out a heavy infantry with zero battle experience :D

Frank Fay
07-12-2003, 09:57
That is still possible with 4 Levels of experience.

But you can forget about experience if you have only few units with low morale, being assaulted by a lot of peasants (which gather no experience) with high morale.

Henrik
07-12-2003, 15:48
Hi :)

I still think that experience should compensate for a lower level of morale or it should affect the troops in such a way that the more experienced troop’s morale don’t drop as fast as the “newbie” troops I.e. as I understand it, the troops morale will get lower when they go on a long march, then the experience would compensate for that.

Frank Fay
07-12-2003, 17:16
It sure does :)

Arjenvs
07-12-2003, 19:35
Originally posted by Frank Fay

What doesn´t!!!!!! :D

:cheers:

Henrik
07-12-2003, 22:12
Originally posted by Frank Fay

That is really nice to hear - i'm pleased :)

Elewyn
11-12-2003, 12:11
Hi. Are the stars upon units (at the unit-list on the top) experience levels?
Good army, king John :)

:cheers: http://elvain.album.cz/koh/

image "battle"

Cork2
11-12-2003, 19:22
Maby they are, maby they could be for moral.

Adaon
11-12-2003, 19:43
Or maybe a bit of both. ;)

Just a possibility: some kind of dynamic "battle ability" which would be calculated from experience as well as morale. Could be better for the overview to have several statistics together in one.

Or they just did not implemented either morale or experience yet. :D

Cork2
11-12-2003, 21:09
That sounds interesting i never thought about it that way.

Henrik
11-12-2003, 23:01
Originally posted by Adaon
Or maybe a bit of both. ;)

Just a possibility: some kind of dynamic "battle ability" which would be calculated from experience as well as morale. Could be better for the overview to have several statistics together in one.

Or they just did not implemented either morale or experience yet. :D

Maybe it is some kind of "battle honors" like the one the found in Panzer General series ?

Cork2
11-12-2003, 23:18
Or maby it shows you how many battles that unit has one.

Adaon
12-12-2003, 17:40
Originally posted by Cork2
Or maby it shows you how many battles that unit has one.

If that would be true, it is "Experience" - the one way or the other. ;)

Henrik
15-12-2003, 00:54
Hi

I've just discovered an interview at Gamezone where they say a little more about unit experiences

They have four levels of experience (rookie, regular, elite and veteran) and they learn by themselves, depending on your performance in warfare. So winning battles, fighting rebels and conquering castles (either by siege or assault) means gaining experience more quickly for your troops. There are more features connected and related to army troops’ experience. For example, training troops in more developed Castles will pop them up to higher levels than just rookie. Also, there are Knights’ skills and Kingdom Advantages related to army experience.

You can read the rest of this nice interview from Gamezone here (http://www.gamezone.com/news/11_21_03_10_07AM.htm)