PDA

View Full Version : I am very disappointed...

Pages : [1] 2

Finellach
21-10-2004, 17:20
...that devs decided not to heed and take into account my recommendations. I mean to have province of Istria as it is in the game is not only wrong but also extremly ridiculous. I almost burst laughing when I saw Zagreb is the capital of Istria and Istria covered area that was always known as Croatia. Istria should be and is a small penninsula and should belong and belonged to Carinthia.

Anyway...does someone knows how to change the name of the province and is it posibble....I am annyoed by this and I can't play this game until I fix this.

Noldy
21-10-2004, 17:25
You can try and find all the "Istria"'s in the .PAK files and change them to "Croatia" perhaps.

Finellach
21-10-2004, 22:35
I tried that and then the game just won't run. It says: "fatal error".

Btw. I also noticed a big mistake in titles. I emphasized more than a couple of times that equivalent of the Duke title in Croatia should be Ban yet they have put Despot?!? I am not sure even if that title was used among other slavic kingdoms in the Balkans...namely Serbia and Bulgaria, as I know they used Prince.

hulkster225
21-10-2004, 23:46
my advice. Get over it, its not that big of a problem and it is just a game.

Finellach
21-10-2004, 23:52
I realize it's a game, it's just that I got the promise they will fix this...anyway I hope they will get it in the next patch or something.

Beyond these small issues I like the game, gameplay is great and what seemed as an extremly complicated game now looks very smood and extremly playable. Great game. :) :go:

Knight Olaf
21-10-2004, 23:57
The realism and gameplay balance can sometimes be a bit stupid, but in this game it's quite damn good.

Cro_Knight
22-10-2004, 03:10
this is bs that croatia isnt recognized as a medieval power we friggin conquered serbia bosnia albania and all the balkan provinces to romania this is a big disapointer thanks for pointin this out im so friggin pissed now idiots i say always has to be the bigger modern powers like germany and france and england this is the old times not the new ones zHolyy Shyyyyyyt

Cro_Knight
22-10-2004, 03:13
yeh i guess but u kno i hope sunflowers could put a patch out for sumthin like this problen truley i think sunflowers should have worked out the bugs a little more then they should have i would rather wait for an awsome game then have a satisfactory game in less time but i like this game so much im gettin it anyway sunflowers rocks

despot666
22-10-2004, 06:06
this is bs that croatia isnt recognized as a medieval power we friggin conquered serbia bosnia albania and all the balkan provinces to romania this is a big disapointer thanks for pointin this out im so friggin pissed now idiots i say always has to be the bigger modern powers like germany and france and england this is the old times not the new ones zHolyy Shyyyyyyt

uhm...what history have you been studying? A very propagandized one it seems...

Nike
22-10-2004, 08:00
Balkan history, as we all learn it! It's good for your national selfconfidence!

Cro_Knight
22-10-2004, 09:35
thank you and i look up alot to bulgaria as u shall me i think thats how i learned it and its true no matter what some stupid english text book tells you despott666

King Juhafin
22-10-2004, 09:48
Balkan history..? learn some scandinavian history!! :P

dearmad
22-10-2004, 18:12
Pull your head out of history...?

Nike
22-10-2004, 18:44
Hah! I meant that Balkan history is studied differently in every Balkan nation. F.e. Macedonians are being learnt from children that they're the successors of Alexander the Great, that they created the Cyrillic, ruled Bulgaria and so on. Atleast it makes them feel better...

King Juhafin
22-10-2004, 19:05
i was just kidding... no problem! :)

Paladin|Lazy|
23-10-2004, 06:53
The game is riddled with historical inaccuracies. All games will be riddled with historical inaccuracies.

The problem mostly lies in the scale the global map is built on. It's not quite far enough zoomed in to catch everything that's really there, historically. It's a sacrifice made for both simplicity and gameplay.

despot666
23-10-2004, 08:38
thank you and i look up alot to bulgaria as u shall me i think thats how i learned it and its true no matter what some stupid english text book tells you despott666

I was referring to inherent inaccuracies in the "official" histories of just about all Balkan nations. Being a historian I learned this not from English textbooks, but by careful analysis of Balkan history taught in countries like Serbia, Croatia, Macedonia etc...and then comparing it to the history of the same region from the same time period as taught in the rest of the world. Through my research I discovered that most of the Balkan nations claim to posses large portions of the peninsula at about the same period in history (1000AD - 1300AD), all prior to the arrival of the Ottoman Turks in the late 1300s. It is also interesting to note that this trend of inventing history coincides with the break up of the old Yugoslavia. I find this to be extremely sad because by feeding young people, such as you, blatant lies, the governments of these nations are in fact insuring that permanent peace and stability in the region will never exist. Furthermore, the rest of Europe will never look at that region with any serious economic or political intent because it is populated by people who are willing to fight and die over something as stupid as who controlled Zadar or Nis a thousand years ago. Anyhow, I am personally very saddened by the events that took place there in the nineties. I considered the former Yugoslavia to be one of the greatest nations of all time, and I still greatly enjoy visiting any of the old republics which belonged to it. The reason I still enjoy it is, and you can disagree as much as you want, that you are all the same great people regardless of who had an "Empire" and who did not. My advice is to simply reject what the textbooks and the governements say and work towards a reunion. :cheers:

Nike
23-10-2004, 12:07
Despot666,
1. "The rest of Europe" already IS looking at this region. They're investing a lot in Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria, Croatia and so on. Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey are part of NATO, Greece is part of the EU and after less than 3 years Bulgaria, Romania (and possibly Croatia) will be part of it, too.
2. Yugoslavia - the greatest nation of all time? Could I ask why do you think so?

Angryminer
23-10-2004, 12:17
Back to topic:
Did you find any other inaccuracies? Please try to find and post your sources here, if you want to suggest any history-related changes to KoH.

Angryminer

King Juhafin
23-10-2004, 14:04
to provinces: Nyland and Finland, new(not really) unit type, ''improved peasants''.
it's like normal units, but some of em have armor, axes, hammers etc.. they just use different weapons and are different from each others.. lol. well really all peasant armys should be like those.