PDA

View Full Version : Problem Building Units

Deerheart
25-10-2004, 13:59
Playing my first game in the earliest historical period. To create Halberdiers I have all the required building improvements, being plate amourer, and Halberd Mastersmithy, and I can only create spearmen. The same goes for heavy crossbow when a fletcher is present.
Has anyone else had this problem?
My thinking is that the restriction my be due to the historical period. But there is no reference to this in the manual or in the game library.
Any help appreciated.

Refardeon
25-10-2004, 14:04
maybe you don't have enough food or money, there is no restriction due to the periods!

Stupormundi
25-10-2004, 14:20
You canīt build any type of unit in any town. Maybe there are only spearmen as local units.
Check it before the expensive buildings are wasted.With a click In the military slots of the town you can see all the buildable units, some grey (buildings are missing) some ready to build.
Hvy Xbows are only at northern Italy and Katalonia but you can check it at the worldview with the unitfilter (small helmet/ right bottem) there are all units, all you can already build are marked with a green hook. If you click at one of the units at the bottemline, all Provs with the option to build this unit are scrached in green, all Provs where you can aready build this unit are full green.

Deerheart
25-10-2004, 23:32
To Stupormundi
Thanks for the tip. This thoroughly answers my query. I vaguely recall reading about regionalized troop types and you confirm it. Txs again

kmadj
29-10-2004, 03:31
It looks like Heavy Archer & Heavey Swordsmen are kingdom speciality units of Germany!
Heavy crossmen, Templars in Spain, Longbow men in England etc . . . I hope someone publish a full list on this web site soon

Cali Knight
02-11-2004, 21:52
Im going to make one it may take a couple of days thought.

DONE

jishar
05-09-2006, 17:28
okay found the answer to my guestions here .. :angel:

Mereik
10-09-2006, 18:41
It looks like Heavy Archer & Heavey Swordsmen are kingdom speciality units of Germany!
Heavy crossmen, Templars in Spain, Longbow men in England etc . . . I hope someone publish a full list on this web site soon

hum... correction templars are in France

Dobber
13-09-2006, 12:26
hum... correction templars are in France

Templars are in Valencia, which starts as part of Spain I believe.

Mircoslavux
13-09-2006, 15:05
Templars are in Valencia, which starts as part of Spain I believe.

what are they doing in valencia?:hello: :nono:
Are they not in "baltic" area?
:scratch:

Dobber
13-09-2006, 16:44

In vanilla KoH, the templars are special unit of Valencia. I was wrong about Valencia starting as Spain though, they start out as part of Cordoba, with Spain adjoining in Catalonia. Closer to being Spanish than French. This is Early period of course, I haven't played starting in High or Late periods.

Xuca
13-09-2006, 19:46
the teutons are in the baltic