PDA

View Full Version : Question on Castle Doors?>

lt1956
26-10-2004, 05:51
Hello,

I noticed on my Castle that I have a draw bridge but I can close it or even close a door to prevent the enemy from running right into my castle? Am I missing a command or something or is this not allowed.

If you cant close it that would ****! Thats the one thing I hated about Lords2 was no Door for the Keep, whats the point of retreating into the inner defense if there is no door?

Can someone help here?

Cro_Knight
26-10-2004, 09:00
yea i guess theres a key but i mean i get your point and then wats the whole point with the siege weopons thye aint any good on food soldiers example " lets go run over these archers with our baddering rams " "wat a great idea" "NOT"

lt1956
26-10-2004, 10:35
Whats the key? lol

Arcador
26-10-2004, 21:14
Well as you can see the screenshots - castle doors are pretty closed so enemy must break them and after the patch it will be 10 times more harder.

lt1956
27-10-2004, 02:08
I meant Keep doors not the walls. :-)

Good news om the doors 10 times harder though!

Would anyone like to see a door on the keep?

Arcador
27-10-2004, 10:11
Maybe, but then the keeps will get too strong, so they will need to change something to make it able to get there. Keep in mind units in the keep got very good defense bonus. I've seen simple archers stand pretty well on man-at-arms there!

lt1956
28-10-2004, 02:01
I say take away the bonus and give a Door. In lords2 I felt I was defending and even if I lost I took some of them with me. I just feel with the door open its so.....unrealistic and stupid. I'm sure others here and maybe the majority would agree with me.

I remember seeing the forums before this game came out and how long it took, and how many hopes people had, infact I decided to stay a away for a while so it wouldn't bother me on the time. And then for them to say the game is realistic and have no doors on the Keep. lol

Its a small thing that would hurt balance and I think could add to the game. If Lord of The Real 2 could do it, I'm sure they can. Remove the bonus and give the Door. lol

Also if you dont have a wall they can walk right into the keep. another reason for the door is to make it the castle, its not a castle without a closed door. :cool: