PDA

View Full Version : The game can be never ending? (true?)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bora
08-12-2003, 12:09
Hi!

i heard that the game can be played as long as the player wants. is that right? i mean no "end when year xxxx is reached" or end
"when you defeatet all other nations"

Es.
08-12-2003, 12:11
Aye that is true
I even think i heard a dev some where say that terhe ain't no year counter.
But ain't sure about the year countre though, it's just a dim memory.

Arjenvs
08-12-2003, 12:52
Originally posted by Es.
Aye that is true
I even think i heard a dev some where say that terhe ain't no year counter.
But ain't sure about the year countre though, it's just a dim memory.

No year counter?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?

I allready feared it...................Ow no!!! what a pitty....:yawn:

But we still don't know for sure.....

*HOPING*

Bora
08-12-2003, 12:57
Originally posted by Arjenvs
No year counter?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?

I allready feared it...................Ow no!!! what a pitty....:yawn:

But we still don't know for sure.....

*HOPING*

well i HOPE that will be a year counter, but NO ending by time/year

but if i should choose between a

1. year counter with ending by year/time

or between a

2. none year counter and never ending game

then i would choose 2.

cause in the "other medieval game" it pissed me off that the game endend when i just have improved everything and had the newest types of soldiers. so i had to use the cheats that everything was build faster. but cheating is not fun at all, specially in such games.

Es.
08-12-2003, 13:48
What you need a year counter for ?

Looks at year counter
2053 hmm and i am still using cavalary.
Now that is what i call a extended dark age.

Trax
08-12-2003, 14:48
cause in the "other medieval game" it pissed me off that the game endend when i just have improved everything and had the newest types of soldiers. so i had to use the cheats that everything was build faster. but cheating is not fun at all, specially in such games.
People sure are different, for me the games get boring in this stadium.
Thats why I perfer games with short timeframe.
But there should be more then one starting point, all with different levels of development hopefully

Es.
08-12-2003, 15:03
There are 3 different starting points, a dev said it in some other post.
So that probaly means there is a start map with many small kingdoms, a map with many average kingdoms and a map with big kingdoms, frach, england, germany and so on.
That you can start from.

Henrik
08-12-2003, 15:05
Originally posted by Es.
What you need a year counter for ?

Looks at year counter
2053 hmm and i am still using cavalary.
Now that is what i call a extended dark age.

If the game ever reach the year 2053 the sentence "extended" dark age simply don't cover it I.e you'll have to find a stronger word :D :D :D

Cork2
08-12-2003, 16:45
Hey instead of having a year counter they should make a counter wich tells you how many days you have survived or played.

Bora
08-12-2003, 17:40
Originally posted by Henrik
If the game ever reach the year 2053 the sentence "extended" dark age simply don't cover it I.e you'll have to find a stronger word :D :D :D

well,... example:
the game starts at 1200 and "ends" 1500 and at that point the timecounter freezes and you will be asked "do you want to continue the game?"

well the timecounter could continue, but that would be senseless,...

remeber the game colonisation? the whole game has the creating of the u.s. as background and even there you can choose to go on after the independence war,... but in that game it is REAL boring,... cause not much diplomacy, not much types of units and so on.

but knights of honor seems to be game where it could be interesting to play as long as the player wants

Bora
08-12-2003, 17:40
Originally posted by Henrik

well,... example:
the game starts at 1200 and "ends" 1500 and at that point the timecounter freezes and you will be asked "do you want to continue the game?"

well the timecounter could continue, but that would be senseless,...

remeber the game colonisation? the whole game has the creating of the u.s. as background and even there you can choose to go on after the independence war,... but in that game it is REAL boring,... cause not much diplomacy, not much types of units and so on.

but knights of honor seems to be game where it could be interesting to play as long as the player wants

Jerome
08-12-2003, 17:55
i think its very simple;

* after lots of hours playing you finally defeat all enemies.

* movies starts; glorious victor etc, etc, ...

* if yes: you play along, ruling your empire (still fun, considering rebels etc.)

* if no: you start all over again. (this time in 'medium' mode :D )

:cheers:

Bora
08-12-2003, 18:24
Originally posted by Jerome
i think its very simple;

* after lots of hours playing you finally defeat all enemies.

* movies starts; glorious victor etc, etc, ...

* if yes: you play along, ruling your empire (still fun, considering rebels etc.)

* if no: you start all over again. (this time in 'medium' mode :D )

what do you mean with start again? continue the game you play or complete "reset"?

Elewyn
08-12-2003, 21:28
First I want to say: there's no time counter. That's for sure. I red it somewhere from some devs post.

Jerome's suggestion seems to be good to me, if I understood well. If you control all the Europe, it doesn't mean it's forever. There is a possibility of rebellion, so some part (or parts) of Europe should start to rebel. And again, you have to fight. There can emerge strong rebel who would become a king and then your empire falls down to chaos when another rebels join to him. Like what happened to all big empires. When it's too big, can't survive.

And @Cork: "Hey instead of having a year counter they should make a counter wich tells you how many days you have survived or played."

Good idea, I think :) :cheers:

Arjenvs
09-12-2003, 09:17
Originally posted by Elewyn
First I want to say: there's no time counter. That's for sure. I red it somewhere from some devs post.

Well I must say....in someway I love it that there is no year counter....because..now we can play and play and play.....but I liked a counter a well....so...hmmm....:scratch:

Richard Plantagenet
10-12-2003, 00:27
time count or not, the most important thing about this game (IMHO) is knight's (and princes) loyalty towards their leige lord. Conqurering the entire europe is easy compared to trying to hold it! Barons will become disloyal if their demands are not heeded constantly, and eventually they will take sides when a war of succession breaks out!
After all, how would you feel If your brother gets the crown and you are sent off to some small village in the middle of france having no income? Rebellion, right? :D

Arjenvs
10-12-2003, 12:57
Originally posted by Richard Plantagenet
time count or not, the most important thing about this game (IMHO) is knight's (and princes) loyalty towards their leige lord. Conqurering the entire europe is easy compared to trying to hold it! Barons will become disloyal if their demands are not heeded constantly, and eventually they will take sides when a war of succession breaks out!
After all, how would you feel If your brother gets the crown and you are sent off to some small village in the middle of france having no income? Rebellion, right? :D

I think indeed that the power of this game is in the fact that allthough you conquer almost whole Europe..you will still have a hard time holding it......that was almost the only thing I found negative to the games Europe Universlais 2 and Civilisation 3....when you become big there....the game besome very easy.....I think..(and hope...) that that will not be the case in KoH.....

Bora
10-12-2003, 17:24
think we need the admin/moderator to answer ;)

Richard Plantagenet
10-12-2003, 22:25
Originally posted by Arjenvs
I think indeed that the power of this game is in the fact that allthough you conquer almost whole Europe..you will still have a hard time holding it......that was almost the only thing I found negative to the games Europe Universlais 2 and Civilisation 3....when you become big there....the game besome very easy.....I think..(and hope...) that that will not be the case in KoH.....

Eitherway, even if you manage to hold the entire europe, once you die, your son and heir will have a tough time holding everything together against his brothers and uncles! :cheers:

Emhyr var Emreis
10-12-2003, 22:51
So if it will be possible to go on with the game also after conquering whole Europe, the game is neverending :)
Let's wait for mod's answer....:cheers:
....still waiting....