PDA

View Full Version : Is there a key for Closing drawbridge on Keep?

lt1956
26-10-2004, 10:53
Hello,

I was wondering if there was a ket to close the drawbridge on the Keep or can it be added in the patch. Lord2 had doors on the keep which allowed some time before they busted in.

And is there a Key for Zooming out in battle? I wouldl ike a larger picture instead of a close up all the time. lol

I'm sure other things have been mentioned but I haven't seen anything posted on these 2 items.

Is there boiling oil in the game also?

Thanks

Lt

PS Maybe a Thread that is a sticky that shows what other keys there are that are not in the manual. I paid $80 to get this game from England I would like all the help I can get. lol

ornerydevil
26-10-2004, 13:51
Not sure 'bout the drawbridge or the boiling oil, but there definately has been posts about the zoom. More then necessary I may add, but I haven't been paying attention if someone posted what the key was, if any. Try the search link at the top of the page to see if you can find any of the posts for the zoom. I'm sure you'll find a few. Hope I've helped, even if it's not much...:)

Arcador
26-10-2004, 21:05
No there is now way closing the drawbridge (at least known to me), althou very unrealistic it goes to the game balance, since units cannot swim, full the water with dirt, or use improvised bridges, they will not be able to pass to the gate making taking over a city impossible. Making enemy go threw ONLY 1 possible place only 1 by 1 squad is enough advantage already. Think of that as game balanse decidion, not bug or flaw.

I think the gate is pretty closed. (since enemy must destroy it)

I've answered your zoom question in other topic - you can Zoomout a battle and return to a strategic view, but you won't be able to return to the battle after that (just watch it overview). If you mean zooming out (like on 3d games) there is not such an option. Minimap may help.

Yes the boiling oil is on the top of the gate and you can use it versus the enemy units down there. The AI won't use it but it is addressed in the patch and will be fixed.

lt1956
27-10-2004, 02:06
Thank you for the reply :-)

On the gate I meant for the keep not the walls. I would really like to see a Gate that has to be hacked down for the keep. Lord2 did it with great success back then.

I feel the open keep is bad is you only have archers. I think it would hurt balance if a Door was added to the keep since Infantry can hack it down. True?

Zoom out I meant Zoom out a little and look at the battle from a Highier level.

Oh well I hope they would consider a door for the keep it would add to the game and sieges, of course I think the patchses for bugs are more important. lol