PDA

View Full Version : County confusion

Pioneer
26-10-2004, 14:18
My recent game as Byzantia saw it have as neighbours Trebizond, Venice and Dacia. Trebizond lost its home county to another faction who converted it to paganism. This county revolted as Trebizond. Now this did not cause confusion as the original Empire of Trebizond and the county of Trebizond had diffferent colours and crests. When Venice and Dacia are considered it becomes confusing. Venice I believe is Republic - I do not have the game to hand and the revolter is a kingdom. The problem was I was asked to break relations with Venice - which Venice? One Venice, the original Republic, was an enemy I was seeking to destroy, and eventually did, but diplomatic correspondence did not indicate which was being referred to. I had the same problem with Dacia. The requests to break relations with Dacia either referred to the kingdom - the orginal, though it was a revolter itself early in the game - or the county. Bohemia was another instance of this with both a kingdom and county existing as states simulataneously. If the two are distinguished in diplomatic correspondence as they are on the various maps it would not matter. This may have been noted before, but I want to draw attention to something I find irritating.

Arcador
26-10-2004, 20:55
They got differend flags I think, matching the color of the country with the flag (the shield icon) can show the difference.
Sometimes I confuse myself too.

Pioneer
27-10-2004, 13:37
But the diplomatic demands to break relations do not show flags. That is the real problem for me.

Arcador
27-10-2004, 16:28
Yeah... you are right.
Althou it is minor, it is an issue :)

Pioneer
27-10-2004, 17:34
It is not quite minor. If an ally asks to wage war on their enemy, an enemy with which my kngdom has treaties. Is it a 20 county monster kingdom or a two county midget? If larger the fall in kingdom power might be acceptable, if small, war could be profitable. The confusion can be very problematic at times.

Arcador
27-10-2004, 20:45
Yes you can declair war to your very best ally and everything you've done (merrages, gifts, wars)to go to hell.
Anyway I think it is enough discused, the devs probably already have adressed that.