PDA

View Full Version : Gold, Gold and more Gold

gauthijm
28-10-2004, 00:58
Hi people.

Great game BTW. and thx for the support webmaster for my 2nd confirmation email.

I have tried to make some money by building all economic structures I could (i.e. those that were not greyed out that is...), like markets etc. , and yet my money oscillated all over the place once I started conquering some provinces.

How does one make money in this game, and I was playing at easy.

For a while, I was making +177 gold, and then after conquering 2x provinces only from Suzdal (as Norway), I ended at -115 or so.. Huh ??????????? :silly:

I check the gold summary, and I had hired only 1 extra marshal, and yet after some combats, the costs for all of my marshals went to +300 total, from 50 or so... Huh ?? :silly:

I noticed that 3 of my marshals got more experience, but come on, +50 to +300 ??? What the he@# ?

Can someone help me, as in 1 little war, I wentfrom +177 to -115....

Help ?

Also. any general help in tricks how to make money would be great.

Thx in advance
Jean-Michel

Largefry07
28-10-2004, 01:48
Hi people.

Great game BTW. and thx for the support webmaster for my 2nd confirmation email.

I have tried to make some money by building all economic structures I could (i.e. those that were not greyed out that is...), like markets etc. , and yet my money oscillated all over the place once I started conquering some provinces.

How does one make money in this game, and I was playing at easy.

For a while, I was making +177 gold, and then after conquering 2x provinces only from Suzdal (as Norway), I ended at -115 or so.. Huh ??????????? :silly:

I check the gold summary, and I had hired only 1 extra marshal, and yet after some combats, the costs for all of my marshals went to +300 total, from 50 or so... Huh ?? :silly:

I noticed that 3 of my marshals got more experience, but come on, +50 to +300 ??? What the he@# ?

Can someone help me, as in 1 little war, I wentfrom +177 to -115....

Help ?

Also. any general help in tricks how to make money would be great.

Thx in advance
Jean-Michel
Ya the marshalls in koh are like profession sport players. As soon as they do something good they want a lot more money :cheers:

Cro_Knight
28-10-2004, 02:08
omg thats exacly right but i think thats the way it was before everyone strived for the best and when you make it there you ought to be rewarded

Pioneer
28-10-2004, 03:51
If you go to war with one kingdom you do not trade with it, obviously nor its allies if they assist their threatened ally. If relations are broken, if a kingdom becomes hostile, trade ties will break. I think you might have lost several trade treaties in one go.

A good early way to make money is to hire a merchant knight and trade for money. The value of the trade will directly go into your treasury. However occasionally spies enter that way, and steal money - that is something your kingdom can try though some learning might be needed and that is slow early in the game. Obviously trading for resources will bring bonuses like the kingdom advantages shown on that screen, but little money is made. Making your king that merchant might be an idea in the early game as often the only units that can be produced are peasants, which are not too useful. Kings and princes can be deployed to every task except governing in an instant like other marshals and they are free. But they can also be kept in the throne room - basically not used - freeing up space for other marshals (when a king dies as a marshal imn your land his units become mercenaries, though mercenaries costing nothing to rehire). Landlords and builders as governors also help - I rarely hire them, though. Far too often they turn out to be spies who declare independence of your kingdom. There is a marshal skill gained through experience which means that looting brings in good sums of money. Think carefully about saving money. If the total is far greater than the income the figures for your kingdom will worsen though inflation. Increase revenue or spent money to counteract that.

Weakening your enemy through spies - a spy recruited as marshal can cause an entire enemy army to revolt if so ordered while a cleric spy can convert counties to paganism or your faith - is an indirect means of making money. Repeatedly ravaging an enemy county can trigger revolts that eventually might result in a weak rebeller state or simply weaken an enemy allow more land to be conquered. Ultiimately the best way to make money is to have a larger kingdom. I hope this ideas help in that direction.

gauthijm
28-10-2004, 18:19
As an aside to Gold ips, I still do not understand how to trade for resources, and what is gives you .. i.e. monet , anything else ?

Can you explain further what you meant ?

Are there other tips on how to keep yout bufhet growing ?

Thx to all who responded.

JM

Pioneer
02-11-2004, 01:08
A trade resource permits certain structures and can grant bonuses - check the kingdom library ingame for exact details. Taken with the exotic resources that can be imported once a province constructs an admiralty they also grant kingdom advantages; like crop rotation that boosts food production or Grand Cathedral that boost Cathedral bonuses ( though given the limit on building slots I have never built one yet can conquer Europe with Epirus on hard)

OSDSET
03-11-2004, 17:23
hi gauthijm welcome to the forum!!
a good way to get loads of money is to up your kingdom power!!!
This is really easy if you start with a small contry with only one provice because it costs only a small amount(100 piety and 300gold i think)

once by doing this and getting a good merchant trade route i was the welthiest(sp)rular!!!!!

Arjenvs
05-11-2004, 15:24
As I read your problem.. I think it is not your income that is the problem but your expenses.... namely Inflation... Pioneer does mention it... But I think it is your only problem... do check it... Solution to that problem... if you have more then 20.000 Gold just spend it.... it is a common fact that the more money you have the less it is worth..... suggestion give it to some country or something... hehe

Cro_Knight
09-11-2004, 07:41
can you ever find out how much gold you are expoting to other countries because if your exporting30 and your importing 10 its just not fair trade its and idea to think about unless we can view he amout of gold we expot same goes for hides salt and all that other stuff if we are all expoting this and gettin nothing to the amount we are exporting its a downfall to join economy growth thoguh the game is quite easy post your views about thi matter

hey any of you ever see croatia split up into the kingdom of dalmatia they have there own crest and there own nation and at the same time croatia was an ally with me and then kingdom of dalmatia sprung up and this was in the demo. do u have any knowledge about this and can you play as dalamtia and does this happen often in the game in other regions please answer oh and also i heard about a gig patch is this true and can you ever play with these new kingdoms once you conquer them

WEBMASTER STILL WAITIN ON ANSWER FOR THE DALMATIAN KINGDOM AND IS IT A FLUKE OR NOT?