PDA

View Full Version : The princes that never dies??

steve22_3
28-10-2004, 11:40
Ok for those of you who have played it. You should know that only princes and kings die of old age. But if the king has more then 1 son and the king pass away, the prince that is selected to be king will take over and all his "brothers" and sisters are wipe clean from the dynasty page.

I didn't know that as I assign 1 of the princes that was NOT selected to be the next king to be a merchant or an other job. So when the king dies and the rightful heir takes over, the "brother" of the now new king is still there, doing his job. But now you cannot recall him back to the throne room. You can only expel him and once you do that, you cannot call him back anymore.

Now you should see where I'm going here. Since the prince services is free, and they have some bonus in most areas.

So my question is will that prince age? Is he there forever? Will he get a chance to be the next king if the current one don't have any princes? Thanks

JavalTigar
28-10-2004, 18:09
Maybe we should think of them more like departments, instead of Knights.

Your not making one merchant, instead its a whole shipping/trading company.

Not a spy, the CIA or FBI

Not a cleric, a sect of the church like babtist or methodist

Not a marshal, department of the army, navy, marines, homeland defense...

just a thought

Alex Poff
29-10-2004, 02:56
I believe that son #'s 2 & 3 will actually cost you money, once their older brother becomes king, because they are no longer brothers, just knights, as far as the game is concerned. At least they provide a monetary advantage while their dad is still around, though.

DruStorm
29-10-2004, 08:04
It's actually a really good idea to keep your extra princes as merchants or second level marshalls . . . because, if your king dies with no children, your merchant prince becomes king. You don't want this to happen to one of your marshalls who has tons of experience, because once he becomes king, he turns mortal. I found this out when my king died without an heir. This happened twice. The first time the prince became king. When HE died without an heir, the game grabbed my best marshall and made him king!

Pax Gaia.

G_R
29-10-2004, 08:09
Ok for those of you who have played it. You should know that only princes and kings die of old age. But if the king has more then 1 son and the king pass away, the prince that is selected to be king will take over and all his "brothers" and sisters are wipe clean from the dynasty page.

I didn't know that as I assign 1 of the princes that was NOT selected to be the next king to be a merchant or an other job. So when the king dies and the rightful heir takes over, the "brother" of the now new king is still there, doing his job. But now you cannot recall him back to the throne room. You can only expel him and once you do that, you cannot call him back anymore.

Now you should see where I'm going here. Since the prince services is free, and they have some bonus in most areas.

So my question is will that prince age? Is he there forever? Will he get a chance to be the next king if the current one don't have any princes? Thanks

He is no longer a memeber of the royal court so he doesn't age and he costs you money . He becomes a regular knight but with one advantage - he can never be a spy (that's a great advantage) . So whenever you have a "spare" prince send him to work in the mines :D !

Alex Poff
30-10-2004, 18:18
I always utilize prince # 2 and 3 as internal counter-espionage spies, because, as G R notes, you know that they will never be a spy against you!

Noldy
30-10-2004, 18:22
@steve: nice to see you here too! ;)

OSDSET
31-10-2004, 22:09
welcome steve :hello:
hey we got the same name!!!!!!!!!!