PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice this?

Pages : [1] 2

American Knight
28-10-2004, 18:37
As my Kingdom grows I have started to put troops in all my lands. After doing so, I notice a spike in rebellions! I would think with more troops in the land there would be less likely to revolt.

FYI: Kingdom power is +5
Each land is on average a +18 rating for rebelion.

Anyone else having this happen?

Lighthope
28-10-2004, 18:42
With a +18 for rebellion, no wonder why you're having so many revolts. You need to get that number way down.

Start sending your cleric out to reduce that Nostalga factor for one thing. That''ll knock 10 points off right there if you just conqoured someone.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Artificial Intelligence: The other guy's opinion.

--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS: http://www.dwad.net
--== Give performance reviews of your boss: http://www.rateyourboss.org
--== Everlasting Films Call Board: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/everlastingfilms

Largefry07
28-10-2004, 18:48
With a +18 for rebellion, no wonder why you're having so many revolts. You need to get that number way down.

Start sending your cleric out to reduce that Nostalga factor for one thing. That''ll knock 10 points off right there if you just conqoured someone.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Artificial Intelligence: The other guy's opinion.

--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS: http://www.dwad.net
--== Give performance reviews of your boss: http://www.rateyourboss.org
--== Everlasting Films Call Board: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/everlastingfilms
He means it is 18% in the green.

American Knight
28-10-2004, 21:55
Yes, I mean 18 in the green. Also, I have no religion, so sending out cleics are not an opition.

DruStorm
29-10-2004, 08:08
I've had this happen, too. Revolts in counties with even +20 or +25 happiness, but I also had upwards of 32 provinces. It must be a randomly generated possibility based on the number of provinces you have or some such thing.

Noldy
29-10-2004, 18:01
Ive had it sometimes, when a famous rebel of another country came to plunder my villages.

Arcador
29-10-2004, 20:14
Yes sometimes I got enemy rebels in my lands too. Pretty unpredictible.

TS_
29-10-2004, 21:00
do you make any diference between REBEL and LOYALIST ? no ater the rebel chance, loaylists apper in some lands and you are warned with a msg like this "The foreighn population is caosing problems" or st like this.

Alex Poff
30-10-2004, 18:16
It is still always best to put a cleric into all new towns as a governor and have him "adopt" the population. I find this keeps rebels down significantly. I am now in my second "hard" campaign utilizing this method and have had practically no rebellions at all.

Lord Joepie
31-10-2004, 14:02
Apart from foreign rebels, rebel armies only form if there are any factors that increas the rebellion risc, ie. nostalgia or exhaustion by war, even with -25 (green) happiness. So to make sure your subjects don't go berserk on you (even attack and take over your town and province), you should eliminate all those factors. At first it seems odd, but if you think about it, it's pretty logical. Look at demonstrations in western European countries, overall we can't complain, but there are some things that just must improve, so people hit the streets. In Medievel times people started looting... Eventually.

Hint: If there is a rebel army in a province that's to far away for your knights, or you're busy beating other countries, just put some achers and swordmans (ie. 4 archer units and 2 swordman units) in the castle next to the townguards. Then let the rebel army loot the place, it doesn't really affect you if you don't have to worry about your gold income anymore. If the rebel army finally desides to attack your town, it's a pretty easy job slaying all of them with the archers on the walls and towers and the swordsman behind the gates in case they break through. When you've won the battle, the rebellion is put to an end. :king:

OSDSET
31-10-2004, 19:14
:angry: Arrrrgghhh :angry: i hate rebals and loyalists is it me or does the PC do nothing about them :bash: !??!?!?!?!?!? i just conquored a new provice and there were 2 rebals and loyalists (1 of each i think) and they were running amoc with feudel knights, heavy crossbowmen and even roman infantry :sad: !!!!!!!!!!!! i had to get 2 of my best knights to sort them out and the rebals destroyed an army a half!!!! ;(
lovly challenge tho devs don't get the wrong idea :nono:

Fatih Sultan
31-10-2004, 19:39
After watching the new Spartacus movie, im starting to like rebels :D
i wish there was an option to start a game as a citizen of a cruel kingdom

OSDSET
31-10-2004, 22:03
yea i'm reading a funny book about rebals i like rebal aslong as they don't have feudel knights, heavy crossbowmen and roman infantry arrrggg:bash: they train my knights well tho
it would be REALLY hard to start as a reble:o

mati2
04-11-2004, 12:34
Sorry guys i dont get this rebel thing. I have rebels all the time how to get rid of the Exhausetd by war. ?? I have all the time - 18 thats way i have rebels. I think programmers screw up this whole rebel thing. I'm playnig about 5 hours and fought about 10 battles with enemy and like 30 rebels. That is redicolus

Immortal
04-11-2004, 13:18
Rebels?! - they are not a challenge.It's to easy to prevent rebellion.My people is very pleased with my rule i mean 28-32.Use all way to make them happy ;).But if you can't handle whit this peasant always left one empty slot for marshal and bring under control any province.About rebels with heavz troops i never such army.Maybe you see marshal who stand againtshisking and stop in your land for a rest or somting else... :cheers: or :hug:

Elvain
04-11-2004, 14:28
yeah, rebels are good way how to train your armies, but not when you have too much rebelions during enemy invasions :)

Ammurit
21-11-2004, 18:40
Sorry guys i dont get this rebel thing. I have rebels all the time how to get rid of the Exhausetd by war. ??

If you make peace with any countries you're at war with, the Exhausted by War number will go away.

Largefry07
22-11-2004, 22:44
If you make peace with any countries you're at war with, the Exhausted by War number will go away.
Only in provs that have no rebels.

Ammurit
24-11-2004, 05:27
Only in provs that have no rebels.

I've only had the full game for a few days, so I haven't yet had that problem. I prefer to wipe out rebels as soon as possible, and bring a cleric in to adopt the population (as mentioned by a previous poster). I'm not the type to take risks when it comes to expansion, so I'd rather sit on a newly-acquired province for a while until I feel confident that it is indeed "mine", then I turn my attention elsewhere.

Lord Elric
24-11-2004, 09:37
There is difference between rebels and loyalists. Rebels appear when you have the rebel rating in the red, and loyalists appear when you have the Nostalgia factor, no matter the rebellion rating.