PDA

View Full Version : Spies and their tactics

Pages : [1] 2

Carcassone
09-12-2003, 20:22
Espionage is obviously included in the game. I was wondering what types of counter spy activities are going to be available to a king and his knights. Will a king be able to have a body double? Will it requires spies of your own to discover enemy spies. I'm pretty much grabbing at straws as to what spy tactics and counter tactics are available.

Henrik
09-12-2003, 23:06
I clearly see your point, i've been doing a bit of wondering myself, cause without any "counter meassures" what would prevent the AI players to assassinate your character the moment the game starts ?

BSS could ofcourse script the AI to: "Do not assassinate human player the moment a game starts - wait 10 min." :D

Kdar
14-12-2003, 23:44
if you got forein shy can you tortur hem try to get information?

or computer jast kill him?

Henrik
16-12-2003, 12:02
AGAIN it would be nice to hear from the devs :angry: - it's beginnig to **** a little - hellllloooooooo

Nadine Knobloch
16-12-2003, 12:59
Originally posted by Henrik
AGAIN it would be nice to hear from the devs :angry: - it's beginnig to **** a little - hellllloooooooo

I'm sure there is a very good reason for not answering your questions that long. Frank is in Bulgaria at BSS and they're snowed under by work.
Normally they answer whatever they see, so please be considerate of the situation we have right now where they all are more than busy.
Thank you.

Fordy
16-12-2003, 14:45
A little bit of common sense required Henrik,

I know that I would prefer the devs working on the game rather than answering questions here...

:)

Henrik
16-12-2003, 16:35
Originally posted by Nadine Knobloch
I'm sure there is a very good reason for not answering your questions that long. Frank is in Bulgaria at BSS and they're snowed under by work.
Normally they answer whatever they see, so please be considerate of the situation we have right now where they all are more than busy.
Thank you.

I'm sorry Nadine :) I think that i kinda lost my head back there........it happens to the best of people - and now it happend to me ;)

If patience is a virtue, then i lost my virginity A LONG TIME AGO :D

Frujin
16-12-2003, 17:11
Here are some defensive actions you can take with your spies:

- Protect the King
- Protect Royal Family
- Guard Treasury

Here are some offensive:

- Assasinate King
- Incite Disorder
- Kill Rebel
- Impel War

There are currently 24 actions possible. Some of them may be removed during the play tests and some other may appear.

In any case there will be article on the web site describing the espionage possibilities in KoH. We can't make them now because it is a bit early. Hope you understand.

Cork2
16-12-2003, 18:27
Originally posted by Frujin

- Protect the King
- Protect Royal Family
- Guard Treasury

Here are some offensive:

- Assasinate King
- Incite Disorder
- Kill Rebel
- Impel War

There are currently 24 actions possible. Some of them may be removed during the play tests and some other may appear.

In any case there will be article on the web site describing the espionage possibilities in KoH. We can't make them now because it is a bit early. Hope you understand.

Sounds great, can't wait to try them all.

Henrik
16-12-2003, 21:05
Originally posted by Frujin

- Protect the King
- Protect Royal Family
- Guard Treasury

Hmmmmm, this raises even more questions ;) because, why wouldn't it always be great to protect the whole of the royal family ? why do you have TWO options regarding protection ? :confused: unless........( pssst conspiracy anyone )

Here are some offensive:

- Assasinate King
- Incite Disorder
- Kill Rebel
- Impel War

- Assasinate King - this one make sence and is obvious
- Incite Disorder- probably start a rebellion
- Kill Rebel - crush a rebellion ( I like this one Muhahaha :D )
- Impel War - a bit nasty isen't it coz i'm a man of peace......Muhahaha ;) :p

Now, don't ya dare NOT to include all 24 options coz if ya do that you'll get:

1. A visit from Denmark along with "an offer you can't refuse" :cool:
2. An octopus in you underwear for 10 m....no make that 20 min. :D

Carcassone
16-12-2003, 21:08
Thanks for the reply Frujin.

Kdar
16-12-2003, 23:50
so if king killed or die. Is game over or what??

and also 1 question: what can you do with captired enimis spy?

can you get info from them or somethink else?

Cork2
17-12-2003, 04:01
Originally posted by Kdar
so if king killed or die. Is game over or what??

and also 1 question: what can you do with captired enimis spy?

can you get info from them or somethink else?

If the king dies the next in line will get to be the king. Like if you had a son he will be the king if you have no family then one of your knights becomes king i think.

I think you can kill the enemy spies.

Henrik
17-12-2003, 20:44
Originally posted by Cork2
If the king dies the next in line will get to be the king. Like if you had a son he will be the king if you have no family then one of your knights becomes king i think.

I think you can kill the enemy spies.

Yes, I also think that this is the way they do it, but if this had been an "realistic simulation" then the nobles would have to cast a vote in order to find the next king..........hmmmmmm, maybe the devs could use this in some form or an other :p - though I have absolutly have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER on how to implement this :confused:

greywulf
17-12-2003, 21:18
Casting a vote in feudal Europe was only really adopted in the Holy Roman Empire, so it's not that realistic. In every other place, if a king had no direct family, either his relatives would start a civil war for control of the throne, a large group of nobles would support one particular individual through military and political might, local nobles would resign themselves to ruling their own land, or another kingdom would just take over.

These should be possibilities if your king dies without heirs.

Frujin
17-12-2003, 21:30
If your King dies w/o heir - 3 of your best Knights will claim the throne. You have to choose one to be teh new King. The other two may agree with your choice and be fine with the new King or they may have some ... erghhh ... concerns :)

Kdar
17-12-2003, 22:06
so if king dies it may trigle some problems? Like rebelions and staff?

Elewyn
17-12-2003, 22:33
Originally posted by Kdar
so if king dies it may trigle some problems? Like rebelions and staff?
If he dies without an heir, I hope so. There usualy were problems when a king died without an heir. And this way seems to bee good for me:cheers:

Kdar
17-12-2003, 22:36
did they die in game their ouwn death. Like illness, some like it?

Elewyn
17-12-2003, 22:38
of course. It's in AGING thread I guess.