PDA

View Full Version : Army revolt - how to prevent?

toffmek
30-10-2004, 13:01
i don't know why my armies are revolting, can somebody help me?
my army revolted once, so i hired new knights to kill the rebels, but my new knights also revolted. i would like to know what the reason is. thank you in advice.

Skailert
30-10-2004, 14:53
It probably means that You have an enemy spy at your court. He (one of your opponents) is using the spy to make your knights revolt against you. To find spyes you need to have a spy at your court. He will conduct couunterespionage as long as he is not assigned to any task.

i don't know why my armies are revolting, can somebody help me?
my army revolted once, so i hired new knights to kill the rebels, but my new knights also revolted. i would like to know what the reason is. thank you in advice.

Largefry07
31-10-2004, 00:56
Use a non-heir prince as your counter intellgence spy to make sure he is not a spy from a different country.

soon8000hk
31-10-2004, 08:50
For long term,you should make all your knights as your non-heir prince so enemy spy can't get into your court.

Deckdisz
23-03-2007, 14:26
At one point, all my armies revolted. I decided to play on. Unfortunately my king died before producing an heir. Some unknown knight, who wasn't in my slots, took charge of my very big realm. Eversince, everytime I promote a knight, he immediately revolts. My king is a well-educated spy, so is his one heir. I additionally have the kingdom advantage that delivers better spys, both my king and prince, both ROYALTY, are marked with three stars in espionage, and still my armies revolt. Might it have something to do with the span of my empire? It being so big? Or could it be that it has something to do with the fact that in the past I have 'claimed my title'? Or could it because of the fact that my current king was initially a spy from some other country? I'd say it'd be in his best interest to govern my country to the best of his abilities? If he, and therefore probably his son too, were actually spies from another country, how can I play on? Anyway to exile them? Tricky...

Angryminer
23-03-2007, 14:52
Spies don't have sons, so if you kill the spy that currently wears your kingdom's crown his son won't be a spy. It sounds very odd, but KoH's system doesn't know such a structure as "a spy's son", so the sons of a puppet-king can't be spies. They are just normal princes.
However, enemy spies can impersonate members of the court. So the 'only hire non-heir members of the family'-strategy doesn't always work. Impersonating however doesn't happen often.

The espionage 'skill stars' from the royal-family screen don't come into effect until the royal is the actual king. Also, those stars are different from the experience-stars spies gain when you educate them using books. This is a slightly confusing glitch in the game design.
Are your counter-spies (they may not be on any assignment while protecting the court) well educated? If not, the enemy spy you keep hiring may just be more experienced and thus difficult to detect.
As an intermediate solution I'd hire the king or second son as a marshall to fight the current rebels. Another member of the royal family should stay at the court as a spy and should recieve experience through books as soon as possible.
Don't hire any important Knights until you got the spy-problem fixed. You'll just be hiring more spies.

Angryminer

Dobber
23-03-2007, 14:54
I would think his son would not be a spy from another country. You might send the King off to lose a battle somewhere and be killed, leaving his son to become King and possibly once again have a King that you are sure was not a spy. I am surprised though that if your King is a spy, that he hasn't handed over your Kingdom to his employer!