PDA

View Full Version : why can't i siege?

sy___
31-10-2004, 00:55
is there any special requirement before you can lay siege to a castle? everytime i click on siege the icon just disappears when i bring it onto the world map. i've tried with marshals who have engineering skills but i still can't do it. do i NEED to have siege equipment on me at the time or what?

Largefry07
31-10-2004, 00:59
No you can lay seige to a city with only your regular army. Just select the marshall and attack the city you want to lay seige to. It will usally automaticly lay seige to the city and then you will have an opition to assualt the city or retreat.

sy___
31-10-2004, 01:27
so do i just not click anything after clicking to attack the city? usually i click the let me lead option so i can control and watch the battle.

sy___
31-10-2004, 02:48
Okay, When I get to a town and attack it a dialogue appears that says "Sir, we've reached the town.... etc..." and I have 4 choices: Assault, I'll lead, or Retreat; there's also the Go To option...

What do I do if I just want to siege, say to weaken the opposing army before I attack them?

Sir Turylon
31-10-2004, 04:12
to siege a city, the city must have walls. :go: lol.

If the city in the main screen has a wall around it, you'll have to siege it before you assault it. If the city does not have any wall, you go directly to the assault.

sy___
31-10-2004, 04:36
ahhhhhh.... lol, thank you much