PDA

View Full Version : garrison

greywulf
10-12-2003, 19:50
I don't know if this question has already been asked, but when I look at all those farms and outlying settlements in the screenshots, I wonder if its possible to have garrisons there. Can troops be stationed say in a fort or town by themselves, or do you have to have a knight commanding them? Like if you have 4 settlements (harbours, farms, whatever) in your province, and only 1 knight, does that knight physically have to garrison 1 settlement, or can you just send a unit of swordsmen to each one?

Henrik
10-12-2003, 20:12
That's a damn good question greywulf :) I'll guess that you will be able to put a garrison in a villages to protect it, unless the realms only consists of one village each :eek: but it sure doesen't look that way to me.

We need a comment on this one !

Emhyr var Emreis
10-12-2003, 22:48
Originally posted by Henrik
That's a damn good question greywulf :) I'll guess that you will be able to put a garrison in a villages to protect it, unless the realms only consists of one village each :eek: but it sure doesen't look that way to me.

We need a comment on this one !

I think there can be more than one village in each realm, it's written somewhere. I hope the garrison is possible in production zones/seaports etc. but it doesnt seem to be possible (on screenshots)

Cork2
11-12-2003, 02:22
Yes you can have soldiers there, you can also fortify you farms.

greywulf
11-12-2003, 06:05
What do you mean by fortify? Like you can build walls around them, or build barracks or towers to shoot from type thing?

Emhyr var Emreis
11-12-2003, 10:07
On the new screenshots there's sth like portified zones (monasteries) and I've also red sth about posting troops into lighsthouse, so maybe we really can garrison the producting zones:hello:
:cheers:

Arjenvs
11-12-2003, 15:13
Originally posted by Cork2
Yes you can have soldiers there, you can also fortify you farms.

make a quote or link....or say "I think"......please....some people maybe think you know it.....

Cork2
11-12-2003, 19:49
Originally posted by Arjenvs
make a quote or link....or say "I think"......please....some people maybe think you know it.....

What are you talking about i do know and i have proof of it. You should know it, too, you even replyed in that thread.

Here it is in the 3rd post.

http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=176

Arjenvs
11-12-2003, 20:15
What are you talking about i do know and i have proof of it. You should know it, too, you even replyed in that thread.

Here it is in the 3rd post.

http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=176

Yes you are right....and I know you were right.....but I mean...post the link with it...so people see that you know it from some official....sorry if it came out wrong.....

Cork2
11-12-2003, 20:50
No problem, you are right about posting the link. I just thought most of the people knew about it and that it would have been useless to show proof.

Arjenvs
11-12-2003, 20:53
No problem, you are right about posting the link. I just thought most of the people knew about it and that it would have been useless to show proof.

well ok...that sounds logical....