PDA

View Full Version : Menu icons- what they mean?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lord Nicko
11-12-2003, 00:20
Hey Guys.

This question may of been anwsered already but ill ask again anyways :)

There are 7 icons in the top right of the interface what is each one used for? .I'll have a guess, the only one that looks odd to me is the 6th icon ( looks like a chefs hat to me) :)

Cross = Piety
Star = Fame
plate of food = Food
Log = Wood
Sword/Sheild = Weapons
Chefs hat = Cooks ??
Gold coins = Wealth/Money

Lord Nicko
11-12-2003, 00:23
ah I think it may be stone, thinking about it- the icon doesnt look like stone to me, how about you guys?

Cork2
11-12-2003, 02:11
I believe the icon that looks like a chefs hat is stone, since stone is also a resource and i seen that icon over a stone mine.

LordMatthias
11-12-2003, 19:44
LOL, a chef's hat, haven't you ever of the term "living in the chef's hat age", or when you smoke a little something funky you get "chef's hatted". :D

Seriously, it looks like the top of a marble or stone column to me.

Cork2
11-12-2003, 19:55
Yes i know but i noticed it only when i was looking at it closer, but from a distance it sorta looks like a chefs hat don't you think so?

Arjenvs
11-12-2003, 20:17
Originally posted by Cork2
Yes i know but i noticed it only when i was looking at it closer, but from a distance it sorta looks like a chefs hat don't you think so?

yes...looks like a chefs hat to me too......but think too that it is stone or marble.......are both in the game????

LordMatthias
11-12-2003, 20:30
Hehe, it does resemble a chef's hat. I just thought the chef's hat = cooks part was funny. I thought for a sec, when was the last time I played a game where cooks were a major resource.

I hope no one does a cook rush, or worse, hold a massive bake sale to undermine my economy :D

Cork2
11-12-2003, 20:45
Originally posted by Arjenvs
yes...looks like a chefs hat to me too......but think too that it is stone or marble.......are both in the game????

No just stone, i don't think they used alot of marbel during the middle ages.

Arjenvs
11-12-2003, 20:46
Originally posted by Cork2
No just stone, i don't think they used alot of marbel during the middle ages.

...*feels stupid.....*yes thatīs true.....but I just love the marble!!!!

Cork2
11-12-2003, 20:52
Originally posted by Arjenvs
...*feels stupid.....*yes thatīs true.....but I just love the marble!!!!

Yes marble is very nice. I wonder how much more damage marble would have done then stone during sieges. :confused:

Lord Nicko
11-12-2003, 23:15
Originally posted by LordMatthias
Hehe, it does resemble a chef's hat. I just thought the chef's hat = cooks part was funny. I thought for a sec, when was the last time I played a game where cooks were a major resource.

I hope no one does a cook rush, or worse, hold a massive bake sale to undermine my economy :D

Hey you never know, them chefs have big knives :)

Bora
13-12-2003, 13:59
well,.. think another thread where only a admin/moderator can give the correct answer, right? ;)

Jerome
13-12-2003, 19:47
i think that icon looks like the top of a greek pilar; therefore it must represent either marble or stone...

:angel:

Cork2
13-12-2003, 20:45
Its not Marble it is stone. When the mods were telling use the resource they never mentioned marble.:D

Henrik
13-12-2003, 23:40
Originally posted by Jerome
i think that icon looks like the top of a greek pilar; therefore it must represent either marble or stone...

:angel:

I'll agree it must be stone.

Bora
14-12-2003, 17:09
i also think is stone,.. but why on earth have they choosne that greec pillar as icon and not a simple stone?

Henrik
14-12-2003, 17:14
Originally posted by Bora
i also think is stone,.. but why on earth have they choosne that greec pillar as icon and not a simple stone?

Artistic "freedom" i'll guess :D

Emhyr var Emreis
14-12-2003, 20:20
No doubt about it's stone! What another?
Pleas, stop this impotent talk about nothing :D

Cork2
15-12-2003, 04:20
Originally posted by Emhyr var Emreis
No doubt about it's stone! What another?
Pleas, stop this impotent talk about nothing :D

Well actully we were discusing wether that icon was stone or marble, clearly stone won. :D

Bora
15-12-2003, 14:34
as you see on other pictures look like a simple stone,... so i want to know why it is a pillar in other ones?