PDA

View Full Version : King too busy to make babies?

Pages : [1] 2

zeek40
03-11-2004, 18:52
I've noticed in the past two or three games i've played that if a prince is an active knight when they become king, they will not produce any offspring until I bring them back to the royal court. In each case the princes were married ( i usually try to take care of that before they even become king) and twice they died of old age without producing any offspring. In one case i pulled a childless king from being a merchant when he was middle-aged and shortly after a son was born. Is this just a weird coincidence that I'm noticing, or have other people had this happen too?

Robbie47
03-11-2004, 19:38
Just bruising around here... That sounds like a pretty realistic setting! I'm sure they produced offspring, but like in those ages,illegitimate children were not consided as heirs!
:p

Ivan_Vladislav
04-11-2004, 08:07
zeek40 what is the matter who is your king as long as there is one?
if your king dies without leaving a heir your strangest knights will take the lead. if u dont have a knight the game will grant you want :)

zeek40
05-11-2004, 01:00
Yeah, but princes and princesses are useful for diplomacy purposes. Not that the game is dificult enought to need to use any diplomacy at all even on the hardest level...

Lighthope
06-11-2004, 00:33
I've noticed in the past two or three games i've played that if a prince is an active knight when they become king, they will not produce any offspring until I bring them back to the royal court.

Your King has to be at the castle to produce any children with his queen. Long distance relationships don't work in the middle ages, either.
:)

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Vegetarian (adj.): Old Indian word for "doesn't hunt well."

--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS: http://www.dwad.net
--== Give performance reviews of your boss: http://www.rateyourboss.org
--== Everlasting Films Call Board: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/everlastingfilms

Lord Elric
08-11-2004, 14:48
Ivan Vladislav.. it matters. When your king dies without leaving an heir, king becomes one of your knights. In my case this was the most experienced of my marshals, and eventually I lost him when he died of old age. That's why I prefer that there is an heir to the throne.

Hashshashin
09-11-2004, 11:29
I tend to only use my royal family at the start as merchants then when I have the cash I replace them and call them back to the royal court. I do use my spare offspring (those that will not be king) as a spy because I can trust them, I would say, how can a king overseas get his wife up the duff unless he sends his sperm back by carrier pigeon, lolol. I have had many a king die of old age without producing kids and I have had kings in their old age suddenly start having kids, but rumours around the court point to the good looking courtier over near the window (the one with the large cod piece)
:) :) :)

thorpemark
16-11-2004, 01:38
..how many heirs were not really heirs

we know about the King's bastards.. but what's the name for an Illegitimate heir? And heir not of the King's line?

hmm.. come to think of it.. the king would know if the math were supicious.. even then. but there had to be some where the math was not quite accurate enough.

army
19-11-2004, 12:53
i hate it too
my first king is now dead,
and now my prince is king, (he is married)
but they have no children,
what if they die??

Wamplet
19-11-2004, 20:49
Another thing to note is that royal heirs are preferrable, because your other non-familial knights may be spies and hand over your kingdom to someone else. ;)

Sir Turylon
19-11-2004, 20:57
we know about the King's bastards.. but what's the name for an Illegitimate heir? And heir not of the King's line?

We call them French Princes. :rofl: sorry, had to.

Any child born of the Queen and not from the King was a bastard. They were usually given couple hundred gold pieces and shipped off to some far-away province. If the king had multiple heirs, those that did not receive the crown usually found themselves as Dukes or other nobles. This would gradually help create what is known as "ruling families." Over time, the entire population of nobles would be from the same family. :go: (this hasn't stopped in Europe either.. WW1 was even caused by this! lol)

army
20-11-2004, 16:15
my king makes babies :D
i have 3 princesses and 2 princes

Cro_Knight
20-11-2004, 18:45
if you dont have kids let him settle with your capital and queen not with the army invading he wont get anywhere that way its not like he mates with the soldiers

Wamplet
20-11-2004, 20:20
if you dont have kids let him settle with your capital and queen not with the army invading he wont get anywhere that way its not like he mates with the soldiers

Maybe he does mate with them, which explains why there are no children.:D

Elvain
22-11-2004, 15:59
i found very pity that tahere's not queen's age shown. Cause it happened to me few times that king already was old and his first child was born. Once my venerable king "had made"* prince (what really safe my kingdom).

I thought about faithfullness of "my" queen. But all those children were legitime, so it was the only important thing.

*sorry, caused by my bad english...

army
23-11-2004, 19:23
np for the english
but now the youngest prince (of sweden)
became king, maybe because he was a marchal??? (he had 5 skills)
but now this young guy doesnt make children :(

Elvain
24-11-2004, 11:03
but now the youngest prince (of sweden)
became king, maybe because he was a marchal??? (he had 5 skills)
but now this young guy doesnt make children :(wait, he'll make them later :)
He became the king because you moved the crown icon to him probably.
The next king is the one who was assigned by you to be. And you do this by putting the crown to him

ulfn
25-11-2004, 14:06
If the king dies, why can't the Queen take over the rule. Think of Queen Elizabeth of England or Queen Christine of Sweden.

Elvain
25-11-2004, 17:53
If the king dies, why can't the Queen take over the rule. Think of Queen Elizabeth of England or Queen Christine of Sweden.They both lived in 17th century and it was something different than in middle ages.

In MA women were only to give the claim to throne to their housband or son.There was possibility of woman's regent rule, but not as definite kind of rule, only "until the right heir is grown"

Master King
02-12-2004, 10:32
When I started to play Cypres I found out that if I placed my king In Cypres Castle he began to "produce" a lot of babies with his wife. Then I could use them for diplomacy when they grew up. Try to hire your king as Cleric and put him at a "city" then he produces books and babies. Of course he should be married first. :rolleyes: