PDA

View Full Version : Close view! Especially Webmaster and Frujin!

Maizena
05-11-2004, 20:41
Cheat code is there in full game.

We decided to remove it officialy due to gameplay reasons. But at least it is in the cheats :)

All u devs, mods, admins, i suggest u take a look at this thread: "Cv :d". Its started by me. U should be able to find it. Click on"find all threads started by maizena" in my profile. The one above is one out of 3. i even asked 2 times and Frujin said YES! iN FULL GAME, IT WILL BE THERE!
The thread is all about close view as a cheat code, and frujin says several time that IT WILL BE THERE IN FULL GAME. Now our dear webmaster denies? Whats right and wrong? If "the wrong thing" is wrong, meaning if there is no zoom, how can that be possible?Frujin sayin something, Webmaster sayin something else?

If thats the case, Gentlemen, thats just simply too bad.

Maizena.

P.S: IF thats the case, im god damn angry! (cuz i was really looking forward to that zoom) it cannot be true that u dont communicate.. dont take any offense.

TheSaint
08-11-2004, 01:29
I fully agree. Without the Zoom cheat this game will fall hard and is a waste of my money!!
heck Rome TW is ,much better when it comes to ZOom

Webmaster
08-11-2004, 02:51
we don't say something different.

once and for ever. historcal timeline:
- zoom function for towns was planned as feature (closeview/worldview)
- redesign of KoH
- closeview became battleview (zoom only during battles)
- new bulidings, changed buildings, ...
- release of the game

the function for zooming into a town is still in the code but deactivated. the guys from BSS can access this zoom for testing. but as offically said here: http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?t=2768
this kind of cheat won't be released right now !!!
- causes game crashes
- doesn't properly represent the town state

because this function wasn't developed any further after the redesign.

that are the facts, i didn't tell anything else than frujin.
and the zoom you want does not exists because it was only a closeview for the towns.

Cro_Knight
08-11-2004, 04:43
hey any of you ever see croatia split up into the kingdom of dalmatia they have there own crest and there own nation and at the same time croatia was an ally with me and then kingdom of dalmatia sprung up and this was in the demo. do u have any knowledge about this and can you play as dalamtia and does this happen often in the game in other regions please answer oh and also i heard about a gig patch is this true

Noldy
08-11-2004, 14:56
The zoom function was there for previewers and screenshots, but because it had no function in the gameplay and caused crashes in retail version it has been removed officially.

Webmaster
08-11-2004, 15:13
the zoomfunction wasn't build for making screenshots.
the screenshots were always taken from the newest available version of KoH and represented the current state.

Maizena
08-11-2004, 16:03
But will it be added in a patch?

And, btw, why havent WE been told that it wouldnt be in game, AFTER redesign of KoH?
U say it will be there, then redesign it and say "Got ya there guys!" ;) (well its not what u say, but i feel that way, i feel tricked)

Webmaster
08-11-2004, 16:05
and again ;)
http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?t=2768

Cro_Knight
08-11-2004, 17:14
hey any of you ever see croatia split up into the kingdom of dalmatia they have there own crest and there own nation and at the same time croatia was an ally with me and then kingdom of dalmatia sprung up and this was in the demo. do u have any knowledge about this and can you play as dalamtia and does this happen often in the game in other regions please answer oh and also i heard about a gig patch is this true

Maizena
08-11-2004, 20:23
I hope, i really sincerely hope for zoom.. I mean, look at this forum.. u cant count how many posts about zoom there are...
The game needs it..

Cro_Knight
11-11-2004, 01:43

Nike
11-11-2004, 07:45

What does this have to do with the topic? Please, stop posting offtopic! If there's no other thread about your issue, create a new one and ask there! You're flooding!

Cro_Knight
14-11-2004, 19:07
yeh well do you have an answer