PDA

View Full Version : Patriarch This

Grallon
05-11-2004, 23:11
Allright - despite being bored Im still playing the game and now Ive recreated Russia, Byzantium is no more, I have a spare 5star cleric and I cant find the option to promote him Patriarch of the Orthodox. Anybody has an idea ?

G.

William Blake
06-11-2004, 01:04
Open "kingdom income", bottom buttons, just right from the center. A window opens, on the top there are 3 "folders" - gold income, books and piety. Go to piety. On the left you'll see a big hand - click on it and you'll declare your church to be independent.

Ivan_Vladislav
06-11-2004, 16:44
thats right but also create antoher cleric level 5 because sooner or later your patriarch will die and samoone have to take the lead. if you havent any cleric 5 lvl your church will lose its independense

Elvain
10-11-2004, 15:01
The patriarch of all orthodox kingdoms is located in Constntinople (as the pope in Rome), so you need to capture Constantinople first. If it don't help, it's probably impossible for anybody else except Byzantia

Nike
10-11-2004, 15:06
And what useful thing does this patriarch do? I had one, but he couldn't do nothing. And I didn't gained financial bonuses from the independent religion...

Lord Elric
10-11-2004, 15:11
It does nothing.. hopefully after the patch it will have some power. For now it is totally useless to have an independant church.

Elvain
10-11-2004, 15:40
I had independent church of Armenia and I pay no tributes to Byzantia... I think that some more info about this are in the....:scratch: errr...word missing... booklet...

G_R
10-11-2004, 16:04
And what useful thing does this patriarch do? I had one, but he couldn't do nothing. And I didn't gained financial bonuses from the independent religion...

Well for one thing - you start making 30 % more books (if you are not independent - you make 20% more gold and 30% more piety) ! But if you ask me - a patriarch should at least convert and addopt population at 100% and for free !

Also - when you proclaim independence from the Byzantian church and Byzantia has vanished from the European map - then your patriarch becomes immortal(unless Byzantia rises from the ashes - then he's mortal again :D ) !

Elvain
10-11-2004, 16:28
But if you ask me - a patriarch should at least convert and addopt population at 100% and for free !

It's not at 100% and for free, but I must say he's far more effective than any other 5stared cleric. Just my experience. From all my independent Armenian patriarchs(3), only one died during conversion(which then failed, of course), but all other cases of conversion by any of patriarchs was successful. During that time, some other my clerics reached the same level (5 stars) and to be honest, their efficiency was far lower, at least 3 times they failed and one was killed (and then it was very fast sprint to make "substitute" cleric with 5 stars, to keep my church independent without any problems with Constantinople/Byzantia(my best ally at that time)

G_R
10-11-2004, 20:24
You're right , he's more efficient than a normal 5 star cleric but at least he could recall faster !