PDA

View Full Version : About time & pause

Pages : [1] 2

Lord Sandman
23-10-2003, 12:06
Ok. Some important questions to developers.

1)Will it be possible to pause the game and give orders our troops during the battle, when the time is stopped?

2) Any possibility to pause game during empire management and possibility to manage our lands while pause?

3)Will it be possible to manage passage of time? Possibility to slowing or adjusting it?

@p0ph!$
23-10-2003, 14:12
i thinck at least point 3 is possible becouse in this screenshot in the left top corner is written "time changed"

http://www.knights-of-honor.net/gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0003.jpg

Lord Sandman
23-10-2003, 14:42
Well, I suppose that caption "time changed" is concern to day/night cycle, not to possibility to change speed of game.... But maybye I'm wrong...

@p0ph!$
23-10-2003, 15:25
i think (and hope) you wrong :D becouse you have to manage whole europe at the same time and a pause would make this much more easy

Siegebreaker
23-10-2003, 19:32
Originally posted by Lord Sandman
Ok. Some important questions to developers.

1)Will it be possible to pause the game and give orders our troops during the battle, when the time is stopped?

2) Any possibility to pause game during empire management and possibility to manage our lands while pause?

3)Will it be possible to manage passage of time? Possibility to slowing or adjusting it?

Very good questions.
I hope all 3 are implemented, at least in single player mode.

I'm a very slow player, you know. :D

Highlander
23-10-2003, 22:35
I agree, but would like to see maybe a knight ride out with your orders to the army from your castle giving it a real time effect. Just an idea!:cheers:

Lord Sandman
24-10-2003, 12:42
I heard that when player left the battle then he can't anymore back to them, and control over this battle will take AI.
But we still don't know nothing about speed of game in Worlds View, when the battle occurs.

Kevin
24-10-2003, 23:34
Originally posted by @p0ph!$
i thinck at least point 3 is possible becouse in this screenshot in the left top corner is written "time changed"

http://www.knights-of-honor.net/gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0003.jpg

Yeah! You're right!:cheers:

Arjenvs
22-12-2003, 00:50
I know...a really old thread....but there was no answer still...and I couldn't find it with 'search'....so still...

will the game be pausable?

(maybe even someone of the members now the answer?)

vanedor
22-12-2003, 03:06
It's not a very old tread. It's still on the main page.

http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=313&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Henrik
22-12-2003, 06:19
Well, I suppose that caption "time changed" is concern to day/night cycle, not to possibility to change speed of game.... But maybye I'm wrong...

I'll agree with you cause that was excactly the very first thing that crossed my mind when i saw the screenshot :) - if this had anything to do with the internal speed of the game then i'm quite sure that the screen text would have said something like "Gamespeed" ;)

Arjenvs
22-12-2003, 10:43
Originally posted by vanedor
It's not a very old tread. It's still on the main page.

http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=313&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

I overlooked that topic......*feelst stupid...*

But still there was no answer from the devs too....so weŽll have to wait....

:cheers:

Angryminer
22-12-2003, 12:04

According to rumors it is very likely that we'll be able to change gamespeed.

Resources: Size of the Map (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=345)

Angryminer:
"But let us have a changeable time-speed so we can adjust the "mapsize" (time-to-cross-the-whole-map) by ourselves."

Frank Fay:
"that is a matter of what our testers will say...."

Frujin:
"Currently we have "+" and "-" keys working"

[ACME] Intel. classification:
Very likely.

Angryminer

Lord Sandman
05-01-2004, 14:19
Devs?? What do you think about it? Any answers?;)

StephenFeherty
05-01-2004, 14:46
Whats with the time-period ? When the game starting ? and when its ending ?

Cork2
05-01-2004, 17:36
Yes you can pause this game. Tell me one game were you weren't able to pause. Even if you were going to the menu and then save it it would still be paused. I dunno about giving comands while it is pause, i hope we can.:cheers:

Elewyn
05-01-2004, 18:12
Originally posted by StephenFeherty
Whats with the time-period ? When the game starting ? and when its ending ? If I understood well, my answer is:
Three starting points:
Early mediavel (I guess Frankish period about 800)
High medieval:between 1000/1100 and1250/1300
Late medieval: till1250/1300

No year counting so then no end. You play still in that one period

Cork2
05-01-2004, 18:15
Well there is a end its when you have conguered all of europe or became the emperor of europe or something like that. Then there was one or two more.

Elewyn
05-01-2004, 18:22
Of course that it do has the end. i meant it like no end when you reach some year. I think that was what was our mate asking about ;)

:cheers:

Cork2
05-01-2004, 18:37
Oh okay, Silly me.:rolleyes: