PDA

View Full Version : Are you bored with this game yet?

Pages : [1] 2

NoC Lord Fire
07-11-2004, 00:59
Sunflowers had a great idea just the game becomes boring after while.
So do the poll just to see if I am only one experiencing this. :cheers:

Alfard
07-11-2004, 01:15
For the moment yes.
But this game is very good and can still be the best.
It needs only a good upgrade (patch).

DoS_GadO
07-11-2004, 01:24
I'm pretty bored because I remember AoK years... but I like KoH, editor map it's good idea for the patch; people invent the battle's land :)

Lighthope
08-11-2004, 01:11
I admit that I am waiting for the patch before I play again.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Don't use a big word when monosyllablism suffices. Eschew obfuscation!

--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS: http://www.dwad.net
--== Give performance reviews of your boss: http://www.rateyourboss.org
--== Everlasting Films Call Board: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/everlastingfilms

TheSaint
08-11-2004, 01:31
I will never touch this game again unless they have a zoom feature in this. Could this be the end of classic RTS games in 2D???

TheSaint
08-11-2004, 01:31
HECK I even reloaded AOK cause I so desprately wanted to play a "Kings kinda" game

Ivar
08-11-2004, 21:14
I still play, but I don't use merchants for trading gold, I don't use King and princes, I don't buy structure. It's a little bit more difficult, that's fine.

Nebiros
08-11-2004, 21:56
Bored too, due to lack of challenge. A quick multiplayer game here and there is fine, but mainly waiting for the patch...

Grallon
08-11-2004, 23:01
I've been playing Byzantium lately...

*sigh* if only the AI wasn'tso ridiculously stupid ! How difficult is it to program decision algorytms ? Well maybe it is I'm no coder but when you're already have 3 wars going on, and when you're stability is already at -3 - maybe, just maybe, you should be able to see you won't be capable of sustaining a 4th. Even if it's your allies that calls for it :rolleyes:

And I concur about an editor, both a map and a scenario editor. Probably won't happen but heh. At least let us open the PAk files and temper with the content. And I want more diplomacy options, such as request and end of combats.

Anyway I have nothing better to play so...

G.

Sir Turylon
09-11-2004, 05:53
you forgot an option.... "I was going to before the demo but now will not until it goes below $20 in price."

Sorry guys... after seeing some reaction.. seems the dart missed the mark.

Cro_Knight
09-11-2004, 07:02
I've been playing Byzantium lately...

*sigh* if only the AI wasn'tso ridiculously stupid ! How difficult is it to program decision algorytms ? Well maybe it is I'm no coder but when you're already have 3 wars going on, and when you're stability is already at -3 - maybe, just maybe, you should be able to see you won't be capable of sustaining a 4th. Even if it's your allies that calls for it :rolleyes:

And I concur about an editor, both a map and a scenario editor. Probably won't happen but heh. At least let us open the PAk files and temper with the content. And I want more diplomacy options, such as request and end of combats.

Anyway I have nothing better to play so...

G.
play on difficult or it is still the same im playing on easy hey i think alot of us had higher expectations then the game iself great game but still the relese dat could have been posponed i would have waited another two months bye christmas to get a greater game then this

Cro_Knight
09-11-2004, 07:03
hey any of you ever see croatia split up into the kingdom of dalmatia they have there own crest and there own nation and at the same time croatia was an ally with me and then kingdom of dalmatia sprung up and this was in the demo. do u have any knowledge about this and can you play as dalamtia and does this happen often in the game in other regions please answer oh and also i heard about a gig patch is this true

Cro_Knight
09-11-2004, 07:04
is it true that new nations can spring up and be a playable faction in the game you are playin if this doesnt conect to what im reading read what i have to say uptop

Cro_Knight
09-11-2004, 07:33
and maybe they should be unlocking easter eggs that you can play alter on maybe a hint for the aptch

Alex Poff
09-11-2004, 19:08
Great game when it came out because it was new and different, although I concur that the lack of zoom capability greatly reduces the "eye candy" effect. Unfortunately, IMHO, it is too easy to win. As I stated in another thread, I am a relatively old man and not too good at these RTS games because I don't play enough and practice enough to be able to compete well, but on my first game at the hard level I kicked this games' butt with absolutely no problem whatsoever. To site an example, when I choose to exit the game I am shown the ranking screen indicating various things about all nations, including my own. In military might, using 7 marshalls, I am far and away the strongest kingdom, with nobody else even close. It really doesn't appear that the AI builds any amount of armies, at least nothing that is of concern. When I play just about any other RTS game on a hard setting, the AI invariably swarms me with massive numbers of units quite early, making victory practically impossible without utilizing some very good strategy and having a little luck as well. Doesn't seem to be the case with this game, unfortunately.

Nike
09-11-2004, 20:26
Well, you can't expect all of the nations to gather all of their armies and attack you, leaving their borders unprotected in the very beginning of the game. Personally I think the game is great! Still not the best, but after the patch it will be very close. It's very dinamic and with a LOT of possibilities! You just can't imagine how happy I was when my spy became the king of Leon and handed over the crown to me!

Alex Poff
09-11-2004, 22:19
You are right, Nike, I don't expect, in this game, to be "rushed" by the AI in the same manner as other 3rd person RTS games, but I certainly don't expect to see that I am the most prolific military might in the game by a margin of sometimes in excess of 4 to 1. Based on the numbers I see, it leads me to believe that, even many hours into the game, the AI opposition has practically no armies mobilized at all.

Cro_Knight
10-11-2004, 01:56
hey any of you ever see croatia split up into the kingdom of dalmatia they have there own crest and there own nation and at the same time croatia was an ally with me and then kingdom of dalmatia sprung up and this was in the demo. do u have any knowledge about this and can you play as dalamtia and does this happen often in the game in other regions please answer oh and also i heard about a gig patch is this true
anyone have an answer

Anguille2
10-11-2004, 08:48
HECK I even reloaded AOK cause I so desprately wanted to play a "Kings kinda" game

What's so strange about reloading AOK...it will remain forever on my Hard Drive. :cheers:
However very dîfferent game. I don't need zoom in KoH.

Ivar
10-11-2004, 10:18
What is AOK?