View Full Version : Papacy

Elf Cleric
07-11-2004, 12:00
Hi,

Can I play as PAPACY?

:cheers:

DoS_GadO
07-11-2004, 12:55
Guy, if You've demo vers You can play with Scotland and Bohemia. Finally with full vers You can take all country.

Hector
07-11-2004, 13:49
no you cannot even with full version

Cro_Knight
07-11-2004, 18:46
why what is with that

Elvain
10-11-2004, 15:14
the reason probably is that institution of papacy has quite big impact on all catholic kingdoms, so it would be very easy to play for papacy
any other idea?

in brief. Papacy is the only inplayable kingdom in KoH

Elf Cleric
10-11-2004, 17:56
Thanks,

I have got full version of KOH and I wish I could play as PAPACY but there are no ways of playing as PAPACY.

:cheers:

Largefry07
10-11-2004, 22:36
the reason probably is that institution of papacy has quite big impact on all catholic kingdoms, so it would be very easy to play for papacy
any other idea?

Since Papacy isn't playable why is Bizintia(Easternt Roman Empire) playable. They are the what Papacy of the orthdox world.

NoC Lord Fire
10-11-2004, 23:46
If your clericks becomes pope it is same as playing with papacy

Cro_Knight
11-11-2004, 01:39
any other idea?

what about when states sepperat like the kingdom of dalmatia in croatia it just split up croatia in two right in the middle of the game and i never even heard about then before as a playable faction noc or webmaster or any whats with this

Abeth
11-11-2004, 05:55
The Byzantine Empire's influence on the Orthodox world was indeed quite strong, but the Patriarch's influence was nowhere near as overarching as that of the Pope and the Orthodox did not call crusades. Whereas the Pope could justify war against infidels, Byzantium had already been fighting these same "infidels" and didn't view them with quite the same rabid hatred the Catholics did. :)

4zzY
11-11-2004, 10:47
let me tell you a nice good-night story
once upon a time (about 1700 years ago) thre lived some people who called themselves christians
they were the overwhelming majority in the vast lands they lived in
and decided to organize themselves in a way because every large group of people neds its leaders
they divided their world in 7 districts with 7 spiritual leaders - patriarchs, to rule them
everything was going fine until the mighty empire of their ancestors fell apart
and evil and hate started to spread among the confused population
the new center of the world and its patriarch assumed naturally the leadership among the christians
they however didnt do it dogmatically but rather politically - through the power of their country
they continued to regard the other patriarchs as equals and the other - them as first among equals
this was the situation untill one of the other patriarchs - the bishop of the former capital
started dreaming of might and wealth and saw that he could manipulate easily the illiterate barbarians in his region of influence
thus he proclaimed himself the supreme leader of all christians on the world
and the only one who could communicate the messages of God to the people
in the beggining the others didnt care too much about him and his descendants
but they became too wealthy and were great warmongers and did a lot of unholy things
the other patriarchs excommunicated him from the chirch but he didnt care
he was the powerful guy of those days and even destroyed his fellow patriarch and his empire
now he feasts with the devil and sells souls to him under the cover of religion
he did a lot of good stuff, but not he himself - the good people around him
who still believed in god... he alone did only evil and that is pretty much the current situation of the story
it hasnt ended yet
and will perhaps never end

sorry if i offended somebody with this story
it is only a story after all
it never happened
all similarities with real people and events are accidential
_________
by the way
tha patriarch has nothing to do with the pope
every major orthodox country has its patriarch
maybe you've read it in your textbooks
but i read in an US physics college book once
that the sun was a huge ball of burning gasses...

no comment

those who don't understand, won't understand

Elf Cleric
12-11-2004, 18:18
If your clericks becomes pope it is same as playing with papacy

Well!
It is not the same thing!

If you by accident attack to PAPACY then you will be attacked by almost everyone.

But!
PAPACY can attack you!!!!

You!
Can not play as PAPACY???????

You!
Can not attack PAPACY??????

:silly: :silly:

Potion
13-11-2004, 23:47
How exactly do you get a pope? Out of nothing the pope just dissapeared and I stopped getting pope messages

Largefry07
14-11-2004, 05:01
That means he is either not active or there is no pope b/c Papacy has been conquered.

Potion
14-11-2004, 08:32
papacy still remains and how do I make him "active"?

Largefry07
14-11-2004, 21:45
Has Rome still under Papacy Rule?

I don't think you can make the pope active. If there is no one to excommunicate or call a crusade against there is no need for him to be active.

Elvain
22-11-2004, 14:40
If your clericks becomes pope it is same as playing with papacynot at all.. but also if you start with PAPACY, yoiu have this impact AUTOMATICALLY!!, to have your cleric been elected as a pope needs some care, you need to have 5stared cleric first and then you have only a CHANCE, still it's not sure he will be elected
Also, did you ever tried to excomunicate some kingdom through "your pope". I did. Once, when papacy had bad relations with them (only, no war, no agreement), he did. When papacy had hostile or uneasy relations to that country and signed trade agreement only, the Pope refused and I lost my cleric-pope and came into a war against papacy. It's not so big deal. If you were pope, you can do it without any harm.... It would be too easy
Since Papacy isn't playable why is Bizintia(Easternt Roman Empire) playable. They are the what Papacy of the orthdox world.
Byzantia only has some profit from subordinated orthodox kingdoms. You cannot excomunicate oter orthodox kings as well as they can claim independency from your church(-so you have no money profit from having !patriarch in Constantinople").
Compared to papacy: none of catholic kingdoms can all independent church from ROME, Papacy can excomunicate kings-destroy their good relations with other catholics(or at least hurt it). Pope can call crusades, Patriarch doesn't.
what about when states sepperat like the kingdom of dalmatia in croatia it just split up croatia in two right in the middle of the game and i never even heard about then before as a playable faction noc or webmaster or any whats with this
sorry, this is offtopic. Who cares about it, you posted thjis million times, when nobody answers, it means nobody cares of it :)

Lawrence Valerius
14-12-2004, 16:26
The only way you can play as Papacy is by using a cheat. If you REALLY want to this is how:

*Select Papacy, ie you can see thier king on the bottom of your screen.

*press entre and type"bsswitch" and you will control that kingdom(this works for all kingdoms by the way)

Please note that once you switch the AI for papacy is still working so you will find you kingdom automatically hiring knights for example, this is the only down side.

Martinus
15-12-2004, 11:21
The only way you can play as Papacy is by using a cheat. If you REALLY want to this is how:

*Select Papacy, ie you can see thier king on the bottom of your screen.

*press entre and type"bsswitch" and you will control that kingdom(this works for all kingdoms by the way)

Please note that once you switch the AI for papacy is still working so you will find you kingdom automatically hiring knights for example, this is the only down side.
Actually, I think there is a separate cheat that allows you to turn AI on and off for particular realms, so that could help you with this problem :)