PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots too large

Henrik
11-12-2003, 23:45
Hi

I wonder if it's possible to make those screenshots on the official site a bit smaller coc i can't view the lowest part of the screenshots coz my monitor is set to 800x600 resolution - if i set it higher i get a headache by watching the screen.

A humble request.........

Lord Nicko
12-12-2003, 00:02
Originally posted by Henrik
Hi

I wonder if it's possible to make those screenshots on the official site a bit smaller coc i can't view the lowest part of the screenshots coz my monitor is set to 800x600 resolution - if i set it higher i get a headache by watching the screen.

A humble request.........

Hi- A reasonable request indeed- I see your point being a web dev myself. It's a common problem with design these days cause most pros use large screen resolutions and tend to forget about those using smaller resolutions still.

A better idea would be for them to leave the screenshot large for those of us who like large screenies and change the popup window attributes from scrollbars=no,resizable=no to scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes- then you will be able to view the whole screen shot by simply scrolling :)

Elewyn
12-12-2003, 00:15
So my advice: save them and then zoom to fit. The quality then is not as good as before, but for overall view good and then zoom it to see details.:cheers:

*has now only 99posts less than Arjenvs do*

Cork2
12-12-2003, 01:45
I think the mods are still on the presstour. But i agree they should make em different sizes. For me they are a bit small i use 1024 by 768. So it would be nice if you could also make em bigger.

Lord Nicko
12-12-2003, 10:59
Originally posted by Cork2
I think the mods are still on the presstour. But i agree they should make em different sizes. For me they are a bit small i use 1024 by 768. So it would be nice if you could also make em bigger.

hrrm to small to big sheesh :) they aint gonna make hundreds of different sizes of each screen shot- It just not practical!!!
Like I said just keep em big or slighly bigger :) but make it so the browser window has scroll bars for those using small screen resolution, then they have the option of scrolling to see the whole pic. in the mean time just save to pc and open it photoshop or something similair then you should be able to see the whole piccy :)

Henrik
12-12-2003, 19:47
I'll I continue to do what I already do when I wanna view the screenshots and that is viewing them at the diffrent gamesites outthere, but i'll hope that they eventually will make those windows so i'm able to scroll round inside them :)

Cork2
13-12-2003, 01:06
We don't need 100 different seizes i only have 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768. I don't mind, i can always go to gamespot they have the right seize of pictures. But if they were to reseize i was just asking if they could also make em a bit bigger.