PDA

View Full Version : Others suggestions

Moonlightseeker
09-11-2004, 13:21
Hello,

I strongly agree with the post “Patch, AddOn, Gameenhancements” of Lord Qudus especially with the points 11,12,13 concerning customisation.

Here, just my own suggestions for a potential add-on :

- A map editor including a random map generator. However, a unit editor is not necessary because it could change drastically the balance of power in the game.
- The possibility to create your own religion using a point system to select advantages (Holy War, special units, bonus for piety, gold) and drawbacks.
(Ah, being the ruler of a theocracy !!!!!! :) )
- A“fantasy” pack to play against or with elves, dwarves, orcs…. (with of course new units, city design, religions, etc). Probably difficult to set because a lot of impacts due to the new parameters but KoH would be so great with this pack.
(Ah, being the ruler of a theocracy and married with an elven princess!!!!!! :) :) :) )
- When an allied country falls, a prince of the fallen kingdom can ask to you to serve you in your royal court (with his army if he is commander). In exchange, if you manage to recover the main city of his former kingdom, this one rebirths and he will become its King. It could be an interesting boost for allies.
- A MP3 reader (as in GTA III) or more musics.
- A hall of fame (I don’t see it in the game if it exists).
- Keeping the same knights during all a game is a shame. Ideally, they must have their own life and dying as the kings (it concerns also queens, princes & princesses). Unfortunately, too much impacts on the system, I think.

KoH is a great game, the concept is nice but with more customisation allowed for users, it could be the best.

To conclude, I haven’t had time to read all the posts so, perhaps some of the ideas I suggested have been already presented. My goal was not to copy ideas from others but just give my opinion.

Largefry07
10-11-2004, 02:05
Hello,

I strongly agree with the post “Patch, AddOn, Gameenhancements” of Lord Qudus especially with the points 11,12,13 concerning customisation.

Here, just my own suggestions for a potential add-on :

- A map editor including a random map generator. However, a unit editor is not necessary because it could change drastically the balance of power in the game.
- The possibility to create your own religion using a point system to select advantages (Holy War, special units, bonus for piety, gold) and drawbacks.
(Ah, being the ruler of a theocracy !!!!!! :) )
- A“fantasy” pack to play against or with elves, dwarves, orcs…. (with of course new units, city design, religions, etc). Probably difficult to set because a lot of impacts due to the new parameters but KoH would be so great with this pack.
(Ah, being the ruler of a theocracy and married with an elven princess!!!!!! :) :) :) )
- When an allied country falls, a prince of the fallen kingdom can ask to you to serve you in your royal court (with his army if he is commander). In exchange, if you manage to recover the main city of his former kingdom, this one rebirths and he will become its King. It could be an interesting boost for allies.
- A MP3 reader (as in GTA III) or more musics.
- Keeping the same knights during all a game is a shame. Ideally, they must have their own life and dying as the kings (it concerns also queens, princes & princesses). Unfortunately, too much impacts on the system, I think.

KoH is a great game, the concept is nice but with more customisation allowed for users, it could be the best.

To conclude, I haven’t had time to read all the posts so, perhaps some of the ideas I suggested have been already presented. My goal was not to copy ideas from others but just give my opinion.
I would have to disagrer with every singleone except the "Hall of Fame".

1.)There should be no map editor b/c the map is already large enough. The map offers enough of a difference that one should be able to find a spot of land suitable for your needs.

2.)Create you own religion? You gotta be kidding me? That would total throw the reality of the game. The four religions are good enough.

3.)If you want fantasy buy the new Lord of the Rings game when it comes out. This is the Middle Ages not Middle Earth with elves, dwarves, and orcs.

4.)Why would you want a prince of a different kingdom leading one of your armies? And in return give back the lands of his nations when you conquer them. That is a lose lose stuation. Yes you would be playing as the "nice guy" but nothing like that happened back then on that scale.

5.)There's enough music I think.

6.)Hall of Fame would be nice, but there are more important things that need to be worked on in this game.

7.)Frujin has said a while ago that if the knights would age that it would be a very bad thing. I would have to totally agree. How could you marshalls get experence before they die. Once one has died you would be running a risk of hiring a spy and he would throw your entire army into a revolt.

Moonlightseeker
10-11-2004, 10:24
Largefry,
All my suggestions concern an add-on. The purpose of an add-on is for me to bring new things to a game. KoH is such a great game, the concept of the game is very nice, quite realistic since it has been designed from historical data. Having the same thing available in a fantasy world doesn't seem for me a shame. However I respect your opinion.

Elvain
10-11-2004, 15:29
Hello,
I agree with those, especially rendom map generator and the idea of allied prince fighting under your banner.
To bring some new ideas to this event, this prince would be possible for you anly as a marshall and he will have some of his own troops.

to ad something more:
- possibility of controlling your loyalist would be nice, if possible (or at least you can ask your loyalists to do something and they will "think about it, if they like it. Like with puppet kings or clerics-popes

Aging of knights would be nice. I understand reasons why it's not in game, but when you get very powerfull, there is no way how to stop you with your immortal knights... the game will get much harder to be finnished what will IMO make many people, who are disappointed of easiness of the game,happy

Largefry07
10-11-2004, 22:29
Largefry,
All my suggestions concern an add-on. The purpose of an add-on is for me to bring new things to a game. KoH is such a great game, the concept of the game is very nice, quite realistic since it has been designed from historical data. Having the same thing available in a fantasy world doesn't seem for me a shame. However I respect your opinion.
Yes this is a great game with very realistic graphic and great gameplay, but I don't think the devs had in mind a fantasy part of the game. It is great to bring new ideas to the table for a possable add-on but I don't think these a good ones or ones that aren't a major pority. I could be wrong about all of this. I too respect your opinion.

Rodian
02-12-2004, 17:06
I complately agre whit you Monnlightseeker about a map editor. I mean games like WarCraft3 and Half-Life survives this long whitout any map editor. Woudent it be nice if you coud play one Asia to and even if sombody did a map that coverd the whol world (bute it whoud quite big).