PDA

View Full Version : Trade

despot666
10-11-2004, 17:24
After playing a game since its release, one of my questions still remains to be answered. What do you trade when you "Trade for Money"? It certainly isn't goods or raw meterials because even nations that don't have any can still "Trade for Money". In my opinion trade should be limited by the goods you produce and the raw meterials you posses. There should also be a price list of all the goods and raw materials. Therefore, if I can prduce honey with in my kingdom, I should be able to sign a trade agreement with a country that does not, so that I can sell them honey and make money. I think this would also solve the "easy money" problem many are complaining about. It would also make the AI as well as the human players more selevtive when it comes to which provinces they attack because they would concentrate on provinces with economic advantages. I don't know how possible it would be to work something like this into the game with the future patches.... probably not very possible at all.... oh well

Largefry07
10-11-2004, 22:42
After playing a game since its release, one of my questions still remains to be answered. What do you trade when you "Trade for Money"? It certainly isn't goods or raw meterials because even nations that don't have any can still "Trade for Money". In my opinion trade should be limited by the goods you produce and the raw meterials you posses. There should also be a price list of all the goods and raw materials. Therefore, if I can prduce honey with in my kingdom, I should be able to sign a trade agreement with a country that does not, so that I can sell them honey and make money. I think this would also solve the "easy money" problem many are complaining about. It would also make the AI as well as the human players more selevtive when it comes to which provinces they attack because they would concentrate on provinces with economic advantages. I don't know how possible it would be to work something like this into the game with the future patches.... probably not very possible at all.... oh well
I agree. You could trade one of your trade goods that a nation doesn't have for money.

Lord Elric
15-11-2004, 15:56
Heh.. maybe your merchant is doing speculations on the what would be the medieval stock exchange, buying goods on a lower price and sellig them to a hightr one :)

Elvain
22-11-2004, 13:58
this is called banking :)

I agree with you, despot666, but kingdom of 1-2 provinces has no chance to get money than by "trade-for-gold" with some wealthier kingdom.

But I must say I agree with this. You shouldn't be able to trade when you have nothing to offer.

My idea: Make Easier to sign trade agreement, but harder to trade for money whan have nothing to offer.