PDA

View Full Version : Changing religion

Ivar
14-11-2004, 20:30
Is it normal that when I change my kindom's religion I loose every province?!? And all declare war on me!!!

Frujin
15-11-2004, 08:50
You may loose "unstable" provinces.
Unstable provinces are these where:

1) you have nostalgy
2) are of different relegion than the target one.
3) have loyalist rebels on the ground

Your Kingdom Power needs to be as high as possible when you do that because it also affects the chance for loosing lands.

Ivar
15-11-2004, 11:44
I think I should not loos the provinces that adopt the religion I'm changing to, they should be happy instead! Anyvay, I lost ALL my provinces, I had to reload (and I hate doing it).

Ivar
23-11-2004, 06:55

1) you have nostalgy
2) are of different relegion than the target one.
3) have loyalist rebels on the ground

Your Kingdom Power needs to be as high as possible when you do that because it also affects the chance for loosing lands.

Again.

1) all provinces was green
2) most of them was of tha target religion
3) no rebels around
4) Kindom Power was 5.

I loose ALL my provinces and them declare war on me, now are all red.

It seems to me like a bug. Why my target religion provinces should rebel when I try to change my religion and adopt their one?!?
:nono:

Elvain
23-11-2004, 08:37
Again to you, @Ivar. Read carefully this:

1) you have nostalgy

so you can have all what you descried above, but still you can have nostalgy there, Did you adopt province population by your cleric? Because it's the ONLY way how to remove nostalgy.

Where can you see nostalgy?
just click at province happines icon(under town development). then click at WARS and if the province wasn't originaly (from the very beggining of the game) yours, there will be NOSTALGY -10

Why my target religion provinces should rebel when I try to change my religion and adopt their one?!?
:nono:because when you changed religion, your KP dramatically fell down. This means also dramatical growth of rebellion risk-unhappines in the province and alongside with nostalgy of the people, they rather became instable, but independent with their religion, than be subordinated to your kingdom, of the same religion and instable(like their independent state), but still foreign. It's natural that they prefere local instable rule from foreign instable rule, don't you think?

And also you were very unlucky in this case. I changed my religionfrom paganism to islam (in Golden Horde), having KP only 2, but with all provinces happy and ADOPTED(without nostalgy)And eventhough I had only one muslim province and all other were pagan, I suffered no land losses (but happines-due to KP drop to -5)

Nostalgy is one of the highest unhappiness' rates.

army
23-11-2004, 19:28
i hadnt that problem yet

Largefry07
24-11-2004, 02:34
Today I was play gloden horde and converted to orthadox. the newly conquered prov all had nostalgy and I only had one prov with orthdox. My KP was 5. I had no rebelions (until I increased taxes to double) and no lost of land. But the only bad thing when changing your relgion is that your peity takes so long to restore.

Cro_Knight
26-11-2004, 03:28
how many times hav u beat the gam large fry and i have neve beat it yet but i dont use clerics or spys because i need to defend and conquer i have to much space to cover why any strategy help

Largefry07
26-11-2004, 04:04
how many times hav u beat the gam large fry and i have neve beat it yet but i dont use clerics or spys because i need to defend and conquer i have to much space to cover why any strategy help
What do you mean by beat the game? If you mean actually winning then none. But if you mean the oppounity to win, about 5-10. I'm about to conquer all of europe. i only have about 15 provs to go. :)

Cro_Knight
26-11-2004, 06:39
nice nice!

Elvain
26-11-2004, 08:48
how many times hav u beat the gam large fry and i have neve beat it yet but i dont use clerics or spys because i need to defend and conquer i have to much space to cover why any strategy helpI don't know in which stages you mean this, but I realized that marshalls are not that important. You can govern empire of about 40 provinces with 3marshalls (or,at least, I can do so) How? I have one 5 star cleric, gaining books and piety, church in every town, so boks and piety are increasing much. With those I can adopt every province just after conquering, change it's religion to mine as soon as possible, so happiness there is better of at least 15 points than just after conquering. With keeping eye on Kingdom Power (piety and gold from trading gives me possibility to increase it almost whenever I want). King and princes are here to be spies and protect my court from marshall rebellions caused by enemy spies.
This is my strategy. Right now I use 3 marshalls, 1cleric, 1merchant and 3 spies(king to protect my court, 2 to spread my will across enemy kingdoms), one slot empty for temporary knights or captured enemy knights :) and to gain experience for my next king in spy actions :king:

Those 3 marshalls are enough, all with strategist skill lvl3 and mounted units only, so they are very fast.:bowl:

Cro_Knight
27-11-2004, 00:38
no but im sseeing how fast i can conquer europe so i only upgrade my towns in military fashion so there are man revolts i need strong marshalls i willl play next time more as a econimic power even though i am at a +300 in my trade

Elvain
27-11-2004, 01:22
OK. I only think it is much more complicated. I know what is your goal..but using more "human" way of taking care of your population, you will free your marshalls only to expansion and defense against enemy, not rebels. DOn't need to care of economy, but people. Happy people=less rebellions=marshals free to deal with enemy. Bigger economic power and bigger stability are just side effects of it :)

I wish oyu good luck in your hard way of military only conquest...

the knightly sword
11-12-2004, 16:46
Well Elvain your strategy is weak. You have to put everything in your highest priority . Happy people is one thing but economy and military (the freedom to prosper and florish) is more important then happieness . When building up your kingdom economy and happieness more important . But when your out for a conquering season military and economy is important. You will have to combine these to succed .