PDA

View Full Version : Skills and Stats

Pages : [1] 2

Alexander Alpiev
13-12-2003, 21:13
Will the knights or the members of the royal family(the king and his sons) have stats,skills or diffirent perks like in Medieval:TW because that was a very exciting part of the game and it will be nice to see it here , in KoH, too :)

Adaon
13-12-2003, 21:36
Yep - on some screenshots you can already see icons for different character perks.

Check this one: http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=241
(I think it was mentioned in a few other threads also)

As for me, I'd like to know if you can "build" your own king, along with a few custom knights at the beginning, or if you get to get prefabricated characters along with their stats.

Henrik
13-12-2003, 23:15
According to this info at IGN (http://pc.ign.com/articles/445/445693p2.html) you should be able to give/improve the knights special abilities so they fit into your own style of ruling

I qoute:

You can also develop certain abilities in your knights to make them fit better within your overall management plan. (Each knight comes with three of a possible 25 total abilities.) You boost a knight's abilities by spending fame points. These are earned through performing honorable tasks, like freeing prisoners after a battle.

Now all i wanna know about is where we can see those Famepoints ?

Elewyn
14-12-2003, 09:17
Originally posted by Henrik
Now all i wanna know about is where we can see those Famepoints ?

I'm not sure, but I think it's the star icon on the top, right of piety(cross)...

Alexander Alpiev
14-12-2003, 12:37
Ok..we are clear with the knights and their abilities.What about the king and his Heirs
And one more question- Are there going to be princesses and will we use them in our Diplomacy

Elewyn
14-12-2003, 12:53
Originally posted by Alexander Alpiev
Ok..we are clear with the knights and their abilities.What about the king and his Heirs
And one more question- Are there going to be princesses and will we use them in our Diplomacy
I don't know anything about kings and their heirs, but more info for you here: http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=263
About princesses, it seems like they will be in game (see avatars), but don't know how. So devs, please. Tell us something about princesses:angel:

Alexander Alpiev
14-12-2003, 12:57
Yeah, tell us something:).Until then we will DRINK :cheers: :)

Angryminer
14-12-2003, 13:47
Yes there are princesses - the 'Productinfo'-page already discusses them and their use in diplomacy.
And yes, kings and princes do have skills, but the king has a special 'King-Skill', which is related to the normal 'Knight-Skills' all others have.
Basing on the dev's statements it is very likely, that princes have 'Knight-Skills' and thus are able to lead a battle or a realm for you. As soon as the prince becomes king (or a knight becomes king), his 'King-Skill' will be calculated from his former 'Knight-Skills' and then he's a fully-functional king!

Angryminer

Henrik
14-12-2003, 17:04
Originally posted by Elewyn
I'm not sure, but I think it's the star icon on the top, right of piety(cross)...

I'll almost agree with you :) but what do the stars on top of your units mean then... experience ? I.e it don't give much meaning to use the same icon on two different units ( the player and the soldiers ) on two different places in the game where they mean two different things aaaarrgghh ! :confused:

Elewyn
14-12-2003, 19:34
I'll almost agree with you :) but what do the stars on top of your units mean then... experience ? I.e it don't give much meaning to use the same icon on two different units ( the player and the soldiers ) on two different places in the game where they mean two different things aaaarrgghh ! :confused:
For me it's nothing confusing. My opinion is that these little stars mean experience level (I saw there three and place for no more than 2more) and the devs said there eill be 4 experience levels.
I have no problem with having stars as icon for the fame and also for exp.level. What will you sugest then, if not star?

Henrik
14-12-2003, 20:15
Geee, i don' know :confused: maybe they could show a little crowd with their hands up in this air with a number beside it saying +3 ( or whatever ) for fame - this number could ofcourse be negative also.

Other than that i don't really know :)

Emhyr var Emreis
14-12-2003, 20:18
what about a crown for fame?:cheers:
:king: that's what famous emperor of Nilfgaard suggests:king:

Henrik
14-12-2003, 20:25
OFCOURS :D a kings crown brilliant - it is so obvious that i didn't thought of that :)

and my reward for that : :bday: a hat of a fool :D

Emhyr var Emreis
14-12-2003, 20:30
Do you know how I made it up? I was reading your post above and misread "crowd" as crown. It doesn't make sense, so I realized my fault....
But what about the crown for fame?...and it's all:D
:cheers: Let's drink on it :cheers: :cheers:

Henrik
14-12-2003, 20:44
LOL :D but it is still a great idea you've got.......even if "someone" gave you a little help :D

Emhyr var Emreis
14-12-2003, 20:47
even if that "someone" was you?:cheers:
Yea. Thanks for inspiration, that's what my last post mean:cheers:

Henrik
14-12-2003, 20:56
Originally posted by Emhyr var Emreis
even if that "someone" was you?:cheers:
Yea. Thanks for inspiration, that's what my last post mean:cheers:

I'm still trying to kick my *ss and give myself a good spank for not being the one who came up with this brilliant idea :D

but i'll guess brilliant ideas work like this: two "great" minds working together and then the output must be GREAT :D

I still haven't the heart to forgive you that you sota "saw the light" before i did ;) :D !!!!!

greywulf
14-12-2003, 23:38
Do you only get fame points for doing honourable things? What if we want to be oppressive rulers who exploit our people only for wealth? Is there no way to advance knights in a kingdom based on fear and greed? It only makes sense that a greedy kingdom would get lots of points to maximize the exploitation of its people through taxes and production.

The example says you get points through honourable actions, like freeing prisoners. But I would say that killing lots of prisoners as well would increase your fame and reputation.

Henrik
15-12-2003, 00:02
Originally posted by greywulf
Do you only get fame points for doing honourable things? What if we want to be oppressive rulers who exploit our people only for wealth? Is there no way to advance knights in a kingdom based on fear and greed? It only makes sense that a greedy kingdom would get lots of points to maximize the exploitation of its people through taxes and production.

Yes, you've sure got a point there :confused: maybe the hidden agenda is that you'll have to nice overall ;) - if that is the case, then it really ****S :angry:

The example says you get points through honourable actions, like freeing prisoners. But I would say that killing lots of prisoners as well would increase your fame and reputation.

I'll guess that if you massacre your prisoners you'll end up being infamous - but that too is also a kind of fame i'll guess :D - like that impaler dude, he sure got "famous" :D

Cork2
15-12-2003, 03:29
I'll guess that if you massacre your prisoners you'll end up being infamous - but that too is also a kind of fame i'll guess :D - like that impaler dude, he sure got "famous" :D

I don't think you can do anything to your prisoners except have prisoners in this game.