PDA

View Full Version : realms&new-rebeilon kingdoms

Pages : [1] 2 3

Elewyn
14-12-2003, 09:34
Discussion at: http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=4284#post4284 made me think about this, especially @Henrik:"It would be quite awesome if the devs have made castles different according to which part of Europe your realm lies in I.e the building style should be differ in Spain from a castle in England."

Would be nice if every part of Europe has different castles look and also if every realm will have its own colours. 'Cause I'm wondering, what colours will the kingdoms made by rebellion have.
Somewhere else was said that if rebels conquere a castle/town in realm, it's establishing of a new kingdom. So if this is poissible, what colours will this new one-realm-kingdom have?
I think that then every realm has to have its own (heraldic)colours.

Emhyr var Emreis
14-12-2003, 13:15
If you mean it like than every realm should have it's own flag/coulours. So then I agree with you! I hope it won't be to difficult.
I hope every kingdom which was made by rebelion in one realm should have flag of the realm.

Henrik
14-12-2003, 17:53
Couldn't the rebels just hoist the Jolly Roger over a castle when they conquers it LOL

I'm just kidding :D

or to be more serious how about a black flag - I'll it would work too

Emhyr var Emreis
14-12-2003, 20:06
Can be, but there can be more than one rebellion-made-kingdom in the same time. E.i. Lombardy rebels against the King of Italy and win and in the same time the same happens in Austria. Huh? What if they would like to fight each other? nice black flag against nice black flag? What a wonderful battle?

Henrik
14-12-2003, 20:35
Yes, i can see what you mean that could be a problem ! maybe the rebels should just take over the former kings colours then....but then again it doesen't seem right eighter :confused:

Emhyr var Emreis
14-12-2003, 20:43
I think good idea is to make colours for every realm and when it become independent by rebellion, new kingdom will have realm's flag.
Also can be good to be possible rename the kingdom like e.i from kgdm of Italy to kgdm of Venice or from HRE to Bohemia :D...just funny:D

Of course it's joke-imagine when France capture Flandres and will be renamed to kgdm of Netherlands ruling whole France etc.:cheers:

Frujin
17-12-2003, 18:28
The newly emerged Kingdoms all have new heraldry and colors of course.

Frujin
17-12-2003, 21:25
But you must have in mind that this is not a simple matter of giving each realm it's own heraldry. It is more complex thing ...

Elewyn
17-12-2003, 22:04
Originally posted by Frujin
But you must have in mind that this is not a simple matter of giving each realm it's own heraldry. It is more complex thing ... ... like?... compatibility of colours? what more?

Henrik
17-12-2003, 23:44
Originally posted by Frujin
But you must have in mind that this is not a simple matter of giving each realm it's own heraldry. It is more complex thing ...

I'm beginning to suspect that the colour of a kingdom is related to other kingdoms in some way - I just can't figure out in which way - I mean everything else in this game seem to be very complex and if the colours of the flags or banners wouldn't have a meaning besides showing who's who then it just don't would be right !

Conclusion: the flags and banners relate to something other than you only, but what :confused:

Elewyn
18-12-2003, 01:13
Well, even if it will probably be more complicated, here are some heraldry-arms from Europe to inspire you...

http://elvain.album.cz/heraldry/

vanedor
18-12-2003, 01:30
The link sens us to a page in Czech where it ask the username and a password(I imagine, but I can't read that tongue at all).

Henrik
18-12-2003, 02:08
They are really nice to look at - i've searched the web and there are lots of site containing heraldry arms :)

Cork2
18-12-2003, 07:00
Originally posted by Elewyn
I'm sorry...
...better?
http://elvain.album.cz/heraldry/

Those are very nice. I like the ragusa.

Frank Fay
19-12-2003, 09:26
As Frujin said, it is more complex than it is sounds.

What if they would like to fight each other? nice black flag against nice black flag? What a wonderful battle?

That is one of the problems which could happen giving a preset of banners to the realms...

Pioneer
23-12-2003, 23:41
There could be a kingdom banner, a lordship banner for each castle region and for battles simply banners that a player can recognise as their own and which contrast with those of the battle opponent. I hope there is some of shield feature for the lordships or castles that players could open and edit if they disagreed with the styling of it in the game.

Henrik
23-12-2003, 23:52
As far as i remember it should be possible to desig your own coate of arms, but it would be nice if it was possible to import your own images also :p

Elewyn
24-12-2003, 09:59
Originally posted by Henrik
As far as i remember it should be possible to desig your own coate of arms, but it would be nice if it was possible to import your own images also :p
It may be good, but not to create whatever you want, coz we're players in medieval Europe. So maybe we should chose one of historical correct coats of arms of particular region/realm, but not to create our own, which would be totally incorrect.
Example: imagine that sbdy loves dragons and wants to play for England and then he create hos own coat-of-arms for England: A Green dragon on a golden shield...

Henrik
25-12-2003, 01:31
Originally posted by Elewyn
It may be good, but not to create whatever you want, coz we're players in medieval Europe. So maybe we should chose one of historical correct coats of arms of particular region/realm, but not to create our own, which would be totally incorrect.
Example: imagine that sbdy loves dragons and wants to play for England and then he create hos own coat-of-arms for England: A Green dragon on a golden shield...

As far as i'm concerned anything goes :) coz the game isen't really a simulation - right ! and I don't really care if the shields don't match certain regions and so fourth, but then again......I don't think that i would want to see banners and shields with naked women, race cars and stuff like that on them :D

But i do want to be able to import the royal danish coat of arms.

Elewyn
27-12-2003, 09:40
What about to offer it to devs and ask them for having posibility to chose from some arms for the region...

*feels sorry for complicating the game*:blush: