PDA

View Full Version : The game is too easy :( Suggestions

Yigit72
20-11-2004, 23:46
It is a wonderful game which I dreamt of all my life. Thank you for creating it. Unfortunately all this effort and the opportunity to create one of the best games of all time is wasted by an inadequate AI to resist a Human strategy to rule the map.

I think other kingdoms should unite against a Kingdom which gets above a certain percentage of the map. And computer armies should prevent from premature attacks which only result wasting their armies.

The Mighty Sultan
21-11-2004, 03:59
I agree that once the kingdom (or sultanate in my case), is up and running, it's a case of gradual steady expansion. After the initial, fevered moments at the start of the game, it settles right down. There does seem to be an ability for the game to change approach from one continued session to the next (sometimes all nations are very beligerant, sometimes the Kingdoms are torn by civil war ). This is all to the good, of course, but the AI sometimes seems to sit back after a while and let the player run riot.

The other kingdoms could certainly exhibit more aggresive attitudes, or even hatred or fear for a particular ethnic group/ religion! My vast Islamic empires have bitten deep into Western Europe without any attempts at a combined response from either Christian church! Moreover, strong Islamic nations or empires should certainly be targeted by all Western Christian kingdoms. I'd love to see AI attempts to create Outremer, the Norman/ French kingdoms in Syria and Palastine. Certain nations should have special agendas that can be activated under certain circumstances ( Norman attempts to rule Britain, French desire to capture Holy Land, Islamic desire to capture Constantinople). The nation would then apply considerable resources (both material and diplomatic/covert) to achieving this goal.

I love the game as it is though. Presently I'm holding back from starting a new campaign until the patch arrives. Let's hope it's soon then!