PDA

View Full Version : The game has not really been thought tru has it?

TheOsirisDK
25-11-2004, 17:05
I dont think so:
As I was playing i came across a pretty stupid "bug" or more of a concept really...
Each time a king dies, his prince will take over the throne right? and if there's no prince, then a marshal will take the chance right?
Well my people seems like the king alot! each time a king die i get 2 or 3 rebel groups, which is both funny and realistic..
BUT! each time he dies i'll lose 1-4 happieness in all towns...
After 1 or 2 hours of playing - it's all not funny nor realistic anymore since i have about a marshal in each town just waiting for the next rebel!
Of course i could just rebuild all my cathedrals and hostels but how fun is that?

BTW: why does a rebel group, whos angry at me, attack my villages instead of goind after the towns or my capital?!

Just a couple of requests for the patch really...

Elvain
25-11-2004, 18:42
I don't think it's so bad. Everytime when your queen gives a birth to a baby, happiness in all provinces increases. The same after every royal wedding. So I think it's at least ballanced (or it's more positive than negative

Many my kings died and, to be honest, I'm far more affraid of my ally's demand(possible KP drop), than king's death. I would recomand you to care more of your subjects, build hostels instead of tax collectors offices and you'll see, there will be much less rebellions after king dies.
But it's just up to player what is his strategy. If money are more important than happines of subjects, kingdom will be wealthy, but very instable.

IMO, hostel and church/mosque + palisade-wall are basic buildings necessary in all towns. All other buildings depend on character of province. Hostel is far more usefull than tax collectors office. It increases happines as well as population(tax payers-money) and workers(all next buildings are built faster).

ulfn
25-11-2004, 19:01
You can lower the amount of rebellions through some measures:

1. Place a hostel or vinery in the city. Avoid tax houses and mines.
2. Temporarily, set taxes to zero.
3. Keep the Kingdom power at 5.
4. Let a clerk govern the city.
5. Place armies strategically. I.e. look where the most rebelling occurs, and create an army at a "hub" city (I only create new armies when I have such rebel infected areas). Give these "rebel interceptors" at least the Stategist skill. A good place to station an army is often to have it near a port (as armies travels much faster over water).
6. Easiest, but sometimes risky: Ignore the rebels if you are sure of lowering the rebellion risk in the future. They will disappear by themselves.
7. Don't expand too fast.
8. Keep the number of enemy kingdoms at a minimum. Set at least to "white peace" to all (if possible) when you are not invading another kingdom.
9. Try to get the Kingdom Advantage Spring Festivals.
10. Be sure to find a bride to your oldest prince before he becomes the new king (This will also increase the overall happiness). So he have much more time to f***. :bday:
11. Avoid a travelling oldest prince, as he maybe will be killed

The reason why rebels/loyalists don't attack the cities is because they are mostly composed of peasants and have no siege units. This sometimes also apply to the enemy forces (i.e. they know they are too weak to attack).

Lord-Piecemeal
26-11-2004, 13:30
I have found that iff a baby comes along and its more than one, the King is about to cash his chips,(Die), so you have a warning of sorts.

What is good that the oldest prince gets a chance to take over a province before the King dies, sometimes.
And yes when the king dies, as he did in my last game in Scotland, where by the people rebelled, I had not put a marshall in the same location, and all hell broke loose, with the only Marshal near was in Mercia.
You can guess what happened.