PDA

View Full Version : interview with devs from StrategyInformer - awesome

Pages : [1] 2

Henrik
15-12-2003, 01:40
This is gonna be like something we haven't seen before - even i'm convinced now :p

Read this interview at StrategyInformer (http://www.strategyinformer.com/interviews/knightsofhonor.shtml) and be a believer too :D ( if ya already a believer - read it anyway :D )

I especially like the way diplomacy work ;)

btw, according to Review Outpost (http://www.reviewoutpost.com/gamehq/hq/00758/gamehq.htm) the game should be released on 2004-06-15 :p but i'll guess we'll have to see about that one :)

vanedor
15-12-2003, 02:26
"Unfortunately, it was too late and I lost Bretagne, my only and very important town on the European mainland."

Bretagne, a town? weird.

Richard Plantagenet
15-12-2003, 02:57
could they mean Britanny? the part thats next to normandy, given to King Richard I 's brother?

Cork2
15-12-2003, 03:12
I hate to say it but this is old new at least to us people who have been here longer. If you don't believe me here is the link scroll down a bit Nadine told us about it.

http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=180&perpage=25&pagenumber=3

vanedor
15-12-2003, 03:13
Of course.

It's the french word for this french province. First time I hear it being named a "town". It's like saying "The town of Florida".

Richard Plantagenet
15-12-2003, 03:33
oh, i see what you are trying to say now.

yes, it is a bit off center to be calling britanny a town. mayhap the guy just had a slip of the tougne? :cheers: :D

Cork2
15-12-2003, 04:53
If he did then some one should let him know so he can change it.

Henrik
15-12-2003, 05:15
Depending on the difficulty level the computer will use espionage and diplomacy as much as the player would do. It will blackmail and stab backs just as the player could do. The goal is to make the other competing Kings act in accordance with human behavior and with their own character.

When i read that in the interview from strategyinformer I really got the impression that the computer controlled players will be quite tough to beat.

Another way to deal with a bigger army is to wait until they make camp somewhere to refill and to rest. Then a well prepared night assault on the camp can be deadly.

Well, can you just posts some guards ? - i don't really thinks that the whole army would sleep at the same time !

In the beginning the average Kingdom Size is around 8 towns.

If you wanna invade another kingdom do you then have conquer all 8 towns before the kingdom is yours or are there a "main" town in the kingdom and if you conquer that one the rest will surrender ?

vanedor
15-12-2003, 05:23
"Well, can you just posts some guards ? - i don't really thinks that the whole army would sleep at the same time !"

Those guards can be assassinated. And even if your guards do alert you, the time to wake up your whole army and make it in battle formation, it might be too late.

Nadine Knobloch
15-12-2003, 13:07
Originally posted by Henrik

btw, according to Review Outpost (http://www.reviewoutpost.com/gamehq/hq/00758/gamehq.htm) the game should be released on 2004-06-15 :p but i'll guess we'll have to see about that one :)

:eek:
I won't come up with another date regarding release but 2004-06-15 is definitely no information that comes from Black Sea Studios or Sunflowers.
So you better not believe it.

Alexander Alpiev
15-12-2003, 13:34
You mean the game will be released EARLIER or LATER
:)
oo god i hope its earlier :) :) :) :):cheers:

Arjenvs
15-12-2003, 13:53
Originally posted by Alexander Alpiev
You mean the game will be released EARLIER or LATER
:)
oo god i hope its earlier :) :) :) :):cheers:

Well second quarter of 2004.....so april may or june......
so from 04 - 01 - 2004 till 06 - 30 - 2004......so probably before the date that was mentioned.....:angel:

silver
15-12-2003, 21:13

Well, can you just posts some guards ? - i don't really thinks that the whole army would sleep at the same time !

When 95% of an army is asleep - the loudest guards in the world would not be able to rouse them, equip them and clear their sleepy disorientation in the dark before the average attacking soldier had killed 5 or 6 of them.
let alone organise them into an organised unit which was vital with Medieval armies - archers at close range are useless, pikeman at close range and not in formation are poor against footsoldier. All cavalry is useless as the horses are hobbled elsewhere etc.
This is a campaign startegy that has been employed for thousands of years and is often extremely successful, as long as it is executed skillfully and in a discipled manner.

Richard Plantagenet
15-12-2003, 23:53
yes, confusion is a very strong weapon. sleepy troops / knights will break easily, and the medieval haulbrk (spelling? ) armor takes a very long time to put on. A realistic example will be Simon de Montfort Vs. Henry Plantagenet in the battle of Lewes.

anyhow, I like this night attack idea!

Richard Plantagenet
15-12-2003, 23:55
Originally posted by Nadine Knobloch
:eek:
I won't come up with another date regarding release but 2004-06-15 is definitely no information that comes from Black Sea Studios or Sunflowers.
So you better not believe it.

Nadine, I think every PR person I have come across sticks to your golden rule of thumb as well.

i.e. When it is likely to incriminate you in the future, deny everything. :D

Henrik
16-12-2003, 00:08
I think it is quite strange that we are told so much about what you are able to do when we are on the offensive, but what counter meassures do we have when:

1. Your army is resting
2. Army is an the march ( protection against armbush )
3. when we are king ( and don't wanna be assassinated )

and so on...

how can you armbush an army ? - i'll bet that every one of us would send scouts away from the armey to look for danger.

what do you all think about that ?

Richard Plantagenet
16-12-2003, 00:51
i think an ambush basicly involves clicking on a knight with such 'ABILITY' and select ambush while his army is somewhere in a realm with forest or small hills.

just my guess

Henrik
16-12-2003, 00:59
Originally posted by Richard Plantagenet
i think an ambush basicly involves clicking on a knight with such 'ABILITY' and select ambush while his army is somewhere in a realm with forest or small hills.

just my guess

But how will you prevent your army from getting armbushed ?? - could we imagine a knight with a....i don't know ???.... a perception skill like the one found in D&D games :confused:

Richard Plantagenet
16-12-2003, 01:12
i suspect it will be a combination of things.

1. the style of march. if your army is running a forced march, they will be easy pickens for an ambush.

2. the ability of your knight and attacking knight

3. the type of terrian.

these factors will contribute towards an overall percentage of likelihood of your army getting ambushed. Does this sound likely?

Es.
16-12-2003, 01:12
But how will you prevent your army from getting armbushed ?? - could we imagine a knight with a....i don't know ???.... a perception skill like the one found in D&D games :confused:
Only guess from what we have been told.
But first what do we know.
Armies on the move can be ambushed (especialy at night)
Armies sleaping out in the wild can be ambushed.
Spies can tell you where the enemy is.
So
Use spies, know where you enemy is and you won't get ambushed.
Don't travel at night.
If your a chiken never leave your castels :D
When resting in the wild make a fortified camps, those were used back in the time and they are probaly also in the game (seen pictures that lokes like it anyway)
Lots of ways and i still say the best would probaly be to use spies.