PDA

View Full Version : plundeing for food

Elvain
26-11-2004, 15:28
It took me some time to realize it. Now I must applaud Frujin and BS to their work.

My marshall was far from my homeland, plundering some villages to decimate one of enemy's strongest provinces where Venetian loyalist plundered some time. Then I realizes my knight has only last 15 food and he's soo far from my closest city. And one of plundered areas was restored and it was FARM. So I tried to plunder it and when my marshall finnished his work, he was again at 100! That's Great!!

:cheers: to BSS

PS: didn't tried yet, but. If my marshall is plundering and is under attack of enemy knight.... then battle is already decided (for me), can I plunder village by firing up the village?

Can I also destroy some building during an assault definitely?

Arcador
01-12-2004, 20:19
I think the food consumtion it depens of the # of the men in the army. Note some squads got 15 men, other 40 (like peasants). I still think the morale drop of not enough food should be biger...Well I don;t know how it works now.

JoCa
03-12-2004, 16:52
Thats new for me. But if thats right, so i must tried that, cause, my provinces are not on one place... :( But with this taktik I can go on longer trips.

Arcador
03-12-2004, 18:56
Try the logistic skill combined with strategist! - faster army movement + less food consumtion. Also take only fast moving squads.

FrankishKnight
15-12-2004, 10:50
Arcador: He didn't even ask how he could preserve his food longer -_-'

He remarked that food was restored after plundering.

Back to topic:

What is the use of plundering otherwise? It just costs time, food, and when you are attacked, menpower, and you really don't get so much rewards from it.

Arcador
15-12-2004, 10:57
Well it gives free gold. You can circle somewhere and get gold. At the start of the game it can be real boost.

FrankishKnight
15-12-2004, 14:02
Arcador: He didn't even ask how he could preserve his food longer -_-'

He remarked that food was restored after plundering.

Back to topic:

What is the use of plundering otherwise? It just costs time, food, and when you are attacked, menpower, and you really don't get so much rewards from it.

Look at the bolded part :D

JoCa
15-12-2004, 16:54
Yes and if you plunder "cities" of countries with an other religion, than you get more gold than a country with the same religion! Or?

Largefry07
15-12-2004, 23:34
I plunder for food. But also I have found something that is quit useful. Plundering is also useful for marshall/solder experience. This comes in handy when you have a new marshall and need to build his skills.