PDA

View Full Version : Timeframe

Jarlabanke
23-10-2003, 15:24
What's the timeframe?? I've found nothing on it on the site...

@p0ph!$
23-10-2003, 15:27
when timeframe is the time in which the game plays (because i have no idea what timeframe is :D ) it is 800 - 1300

Nadine Knobloch
23-10-2003, 15:38
Game takes place between 750-1399 A.D. . History books call it the “Peak of the Medieval”. There are three entry points, the “Early”, “High” and “Late” medieval. Choice of the entry point has a big impact on the political situation in the game.
No time is shown to the player during the game. Only day/nights cycle.

Does that answer your question, Jarlabanke?

Overdose
23-10-2003, 15:41
how long is a day/night cycle ?!

Frank Fay
23-10-2003, 16:12
To be determined during testing and balancing.

Jarlabanke
23-10-2003, 16:30
Yeah that's answears my question just fine. It brings up another one though. You said that no time is shown during the game. Do you refer to the battles or to the strategic map? It would be very confusing if the game just ended after x number of day and night cycles.

Frujin
23-10-2003, 17:06
It won't end. The years are important regarding the "start-points" only.

Overdose
23-10-2003, 17:17
So the game can still be played after you have completed all the tasks and rule over Europe?!? Wich is the main objectiv of the game I belive..

Frujin
23-10-2003, 17:30
No no no! It can't be played after you conquer the Europe. I meant, you are not forced to do it by time-running. You have plenty of time for that ...

Jarlabanke
23-10-2003, 17:42
What about seasons, lifeexpectancy of kings and so on?

Frank Fay
23-10-2003, 19:41
We had life expactation in but during testing we found out that it was too realistic. More i mportant it would have meant too much micromanagement for player. It simply killed the fun. So we decided to skip it.

We dont have seasons in the game but climate zones.

Overdose
23-10-2003, 19:42
Originally posted by Frujin
No no no! It can't be played after you conquer the Europe. I meant, you are not forced to do it by time-running. You have plenty of time for that ...

ahhhh good :)

Siegebreaker
23-10-2003, 19:53
Originally posted by Frujin

That's very nice. I don't like time pressure when playing. Real life is pressuring enough. :D

About the night cycle, can it be customized?
Can I turn it off?

Its not big deal, but customization is always nice. :)

Highlander
23-10-2003, 22:10
I read that you could marry off your daughters to gain allegiance. If this is the case and going to the realistic side effects. If your daughter goes to King Henry the VIII is it possible that the allegiance will be ended quickly knowing about what King Henry is about.

Kevin
24-10-2003, 23:43
Originally posted by Nadine Knobloch
Game takes place between 750-1399 A.D. . History books call it the “Peak of the Medieval”. There are three entry points, the “Early”, “High” and “Late” medieval. Choice of the entry point has a big impact on the political situation in the game.
No time is shown to the player during the game. Only day/nights cycle.

Does that answer your question, Jarlabanke?

Nice period!:D

Frank Fay
25-10-2003, 09:36
I read that you could marry off your daughters to gain allegiance. If this is the case and going to the realistic side effects. If your daughter goes to King Henry the VIII is it possible that the allegiance will be ended quickly knowing about what King Henry is about.

Sorry, I dont get it :rolleyes:

Can you re-phrase your question ?

Highlander
26-10-2003, 17:59
Originally posted by Frank Fay
Sorry, I dont get it :rolleyes:

Can you re-phrase your question ?

Actually, my time frame was off but if you would like to know, Henry VII was King of England during the renassaince age his reign started in 1491 but he was noted for beheading his wives. I think it was 5 that he beheaded.

Moorkh
27-10-2003, 10:21
If there is no life expectancy for your king, does this apply to all game characters?
If so, I assume nobles can only die in battle or through assassinations/executions. Won't this almost completely take out of the game the aspect of succession?
How is succession handled, anyway, if a player's ruler dies in battle? It's not game over, then, is it?

Frank Fay
27-10-2003, 13:10
All I can say there will be an option to play with and without succession. Characters dont age. Knights dont have a succession feature only Kings, because KoH is no LifeSim :D

Trax
27-10-2003, 14:53
Originally posted by Highlander
Actually, my time frame was off but if you would like to know, Henry VII was King of England during the renassaince age his reign started in 1491 but he was noted for beheading his wives. I think it was 5 that he beheaded.

You probably mean Henry VIII [1509-1547], and he executed only two of his wives:D