PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question

wizbode
01-12-2004, 17:55
Well... i'm a noob on the game.. if you can, please answer:

1) For a City to be defended against siege, a Marshal with an army is needed inside this City?

2) If the City has no army inside, then it is conquered automatically by the enemy?

3) Is there anyway to have military units without a Marshall (for defending purposes)..

As you can see, the whole point is that i don't have enough marshalls with armies to defend all my Cities... :(

Just one more question: What is the easiest nation to begin with?

Thanks

ps: I love the game!!!! :)

Alchemist
01-12-2004, 18:09
-Short answers (experience just in demo):
1. You will be able to hold much more units (all "town" units slots + Marshall units slots) in the town when there will be marshall, so it will be easier to defend against the siege.
2. Don't know really
3. Military units without marshall in a town? Then yes.
(4). Look for answers from people, who has a game ;)-

Angryminer
01-12-2004, 18:24
Welcome to the forums, wizbode! :go:
1. No, a town has 6 independent unit-slots plus up to 4 units of townguards (they come for free with the building "Townguard". Additionally a marshall can rest in the town, adding another 9 squads.
2. If there are really no units in the town, that means no garrison (the 6 slots in the town), no marschall, no townguard, I believe the town will fall to the enemy without a battle, though this never happened to me.
3. Yes. Those defensive units in the town.
4. They are all quite easy. I like playing with Hungary.

I hope I could help you. :go:

Angryminer

wizbode
01-12-2004, 19:14
I thank you both!

Now the game will me much better for me!

Elvain
01-12-2004, 20:56
Angryminer was absolutely right, Alchemist too..

I'm not sure if it is good advice, but I guess some medium sized kingdom(4-8provinces) in the high period, I would say France, Hungary, Poland, NIcea, Sweden or Casitlia.

JoCa
03-12-2004, 16:46
To your last question: I think like Angryminer. But I dont know really, but a lot of people play with schottland. But I think its not really more differnetly then the other countries.

FrankishKnight
15-12-2004, 10:41
I prefer to play with a country with a cool flag, so I often choose Scotland, Croatia or Leinster. ( Yes, I have too much time on my hands. )

JoCa
15-12-2004, 16:49
Thats a funny thing... But i want to play with little countries in europe!