PDA

View Full Version : Catch other Kings/Leaders ?

Pages : [1] 2

Bora
17-12-2003, 11:39
Hi!

we talkes about how it is to catch rebell leaders and if its possible,... so i like to know if its possible to catch kings and leaders of the enemy country and if yes if youcan decide
to:

1. kill them
2. keep them prisson
3. keep them prisson and ask the new regime of his country/one of his loyal knights for a randsom as exchange for its/his king/leader?

Jerome
17-12-2003, 14:35
does this have anything to do with the arrest of Saddam? cause if it does--->Royal Inn..

:D

Arjenvs
17-12-2003, 16:47
Originally posted by Bora
Hi!

we talkes about how it is to catch rebell leaders and if its possible,... so i like to know if its possible to catch kings and leaders of the enemy country and if yes if youcan decide
to:

1. kill them
2. keep them prisson
3. keep them prisson and ask the new regime of his country/one of his loyal knights for a randsom as exchange for its/his king/leader?

Interessesting question!!!

*psssst...Jerome...now you were almost making it off-topic...*

Cork2
17-12-2003, 17:34
Hi!

to:

1. kill them
2. keep them prisson

I heard the mod say that we can have prisoners and that we have the option to kill them or not, but if you do kill a prisoners some of your knights may leave or loose respect for you, i think.

I doubt that you can imprison a king thought.

Henrik
17-12-2003, 20:50

Now, why did this suddenly make me think of Ivanhoe, Robin Hood & Richard Lionheart..........geee :confused: I SIMPLY DON'T KNOW ;) :D :D :D

Kdar
17-12-2003, 22:34
what about tortur :) ,

take from them secret info by tortur
stuff like this

jost play with them before their death :) :) :)

Cork2
18-12-2003, 07:19
That would be neat, especially since most kings had their prisons turtored. I hope they have it.

Richard Plantagenet
18-12-2003, 07:27
Originally posted by Cork2
I heard the mod say that we can have prisoners and that we have the option to kill them or not, but if you do kill a prisoners some of your knights may leave or loose respect for you, i think.

I doubt that you can imprison a king thought.

I'm sure i read somewhere torture is not availiable in this game (censor rating issues) while killing or letting them go is an option.
I would suspect randsom them to be an option as well, as this is what happens historically to high born knights.

Imprisoning a king / knight is possible. Think about Richard the lionheart, and there were numerous amount of knights imprisoned during civil wars.

Torture however, wasn't introduced until the mid medieval period from the continent.

just my 2 cents:cheers:

Jerome
18-12-2003, 10:59
Originally posted by Arjenvs
*psssst...Jerome...now you were almost making it off-topic...*

yeah almost; i like to live dangerously...:D

i think it would be very cool if you could capture a king and ask for randsom. Maybe you could do that with princes and princesses too... torture would be a little bit harsh i think. what can you gain with torture? extract information? personal satisfaction? i dont know...

a public execution for enemies would be nice however. that can tribute to your ppl's hapiness aswell. it was rather populair in those days..

Arjenvs
18-12-2003, 12:59
Originally posted by Jerome
a public execution for enemies would be nice however. that can tribute to your ppl's hapiness aswell. it was rather populair in those days..

But also very bad for your reputation under the Aristocrasy....in my opinion in that time the honour of a nobleman was very important for his reputation.....so torturing or killing a prisonor did not happen a lot....randsom was very common these days....

It would be strange to me if that is not in the game an option....to randsom a Knight or King....there were really given milions for kings in these days....

(and I am now talking about for example the 100 year war between France and England....when the king of France was captured and France had to come up with a huge amount of gold.....but the King in england was taking good care of...he was almost no prisoner....(not in a prison he was......))

Bora
18-12-2003, 15:18
well,... 1st we should know from the admins IF and HOW its possible,... THEN we can talk about if a leader should do it or not ;)

Arjenvs
18-12-2003, 20:42
well,... 1st we should know from the admins IF and HOW its possible,... THEN we can talk about if a leader should do it or not ;)

Why?? we can discuss it...also before a dev anwers..cause it fun to guess and discuss things we would like to see in KoH...maybe the devs tak notice of it....so...offcourse we would like an answer....but pre-discussion is also fun!!! at least to me...and some other people om this forum.....

Angryminer
18-12-2003, 21:14
Perhaps it should go that way:

You got the enemy-king's son in prison. His father is an idiot and doesn't want to pay for his son's freedom, so you have some options to choose from:

[_] Call the butcher - let's chop his head of and have some royal sausage!
[_] Patience is a virtue - let him stay our special 'guest'.
[_] I get sick of his "Oh please, let me leave! Spare my life... Oh please!" - let him go!
[X] Let's make an offer he can't refuse!

Then the imprisoned prince has to choose from the following options (the player decides which are available):
[_] Tell me about your fathers army and I won't insist on having 'royal sausage' for breakfast. (don't execute him for the next 2 month)
-> The player can see all enemy troops for the next 2 minutes
[_] Tell me all you know and I will let you go.
-> The player can see everything in the enemy territory for 10 minutes.
[_] Tell me nothing and die!
-> Enemy troops' morale shrinks by 15% because they fear the player.
[X] more

Just a suggestion...

Angryminer

Henrik
19-12-2003, 00:08
I have a "strange" feeling that we all fancy that torture ting a bit :D - I've once played a game where it was possible use torture as a way of getting information. This game was a pirategame and was called Cutthroats in that game, when plundering a city, you could sometimes get lucky that the city surrendered. Then you could "have a good time" with the governor I.e. torture him :p so he would tell you where the city had hidden its gold - as I recall, you could choose between five ways to interrogate him: talking, tickle his feet with a feather :D, use whip and give him a good spank :p - i can't rember wether or not the last one was removing of certain bodypart ! - the bottom line was that you had to be careful with how harsh you was, because there was always the risk that the governor died and then he could ofcause not give any information about where the gold were located.

I think that this is a bit similar to Angryminer's suggestion and i vote for the implementation of this possibility in some form or another.

Arjenvs
19-12-2003, 00:41
well for me there is no need to include torture....donīt see the use of it....what kind of information do you want to get from them...that you donīt get with a spy....besides....I still think that in that time torture was not used much under the nobleman....

Henrik
19-12-2003, 01:02
well for me there is no need to include torture....donīt see the use of it....what kind of information do you want to get from them...that you donīt get with a spy....besides....I still think that in that time torture was not used much under the nobleman....

No, mayby not among the nobles BUT what do you think they did with rebelleaders when they catched one of those....gave'em a nice chair by fire along with a big bottle of champagne ? - i think that they tortured them...................just a little hehehehe - so we "need" the torture thing and besides that the midieval period wasen't excactly know for its humanism ;)

Arjenvs
19-12-2003, 01:18
Originally posted by Henrik
No, mayby not among the nobles BUT what do you think they did with rebelleaders when they catched one of those....gave'em a nice chair by fire along with a big bottle of champagne ? - i think that they tortured them...................just a little hehehehe - so we "need" the torture thing and besides that the midieval period wasen't excactly know for its humanism ;)

ok...that is true......but honor was really a important thing back then.....

Knights of Honor.....is the name of the game!!! Come on!!!;)

:cheers:

Henrik
19-12-2003, 01:24
ok...that is true......but honor was really a important thing back then.....

Knights of Honor.....is the name of the game!!! Come on!!!;)

:cheers:

Okay..........you sorta win a half victory on that one ;)

Arjenvs
19-12-2003, 09:44
Originally posted by Henrik
Okay..........you sorta win a half victory on that one ;) :hello: ;)

Angryminer
19-12-2003, 12:10
The motto of many medieval rulers:
Be evil, seem honourable.

Chop that prince's head off and tell your people he worshipped satan...

Angryminer