PDA

View Full Version : I Like This Game

redfox62
02-12-2004, 10:18
Hi everyone, i am new to the forum, this being my first post. I have, however, read some of the latest posts on here and i have a few opinions myself. I've played a few games of single player and for some unknown reason played as the Highlands. Maybe i like the idea of starting with one City and building up an empire.

Anyway, here are a few of my thoughts on the game:

I believe they have got the Royal Family spot on .. no-one will marry my Prince, he's too ugly, lol.

The Graphics are just fine in my opinion, a good balance of detail yet zoomed out to make for good gameplay. The music, perfect!

Yet, when it comes down to it, it's all about gameplay. Now this is where i have many good things to say and 1 not so good.

I think i'll get the bad off my chest first. Howcome i can tear down a whole castle with 1 catapult? I'm not gonna harp on about it, because after the walls are knocked down it still gets down to fighting it out.

Moving on, let's talk about the good points. The medieval setting, i just can't get enough of it, Knights and Castles!, always a good choice to base a game on. In this game you really do feel you have a Kingdom. What i like most is that 'I'll play a little longer' feeling just so you can get that next building or Kingdom Advantage. It feels like i've been waiting a long time for a game like this and i've played a fair few in my time.

Another good point is the battles, if you've played RTW and tried to get your units facing the correct way after movement, then this game is a blessing. I can't remember it being done so well.

Infact the game has alot of nice touches, all i can say, is it looks like a bright future for KOH number 2 if this game is anything to go by.

Anyway, i shall visit the forum and read posts and if anyone thinks they can take the Highlands away from me, just remember, You can't take away our freedom!

Lord-Piecemeal
02-12-2004, 11:12
Well my Lord redfox62, you have it in a nut shell.

With the patch, it seems even better now.

As for Scotland, I to have the honour to play thease provinces, but also like East Anglia for starters.

You can agrivate Wessex more easy from there,' hehe'.

Takeing Cornwall, is my biggest prize.

Try the Multi player to, thats becomeing fun allso.