PDA

View Full Version : Patch 2 suggestions

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lighthope
03-12-2004, 22:22
Okay. We've seen the first patch. Fixed a couple of things, solved some bugs. But there were a lot of items that many people suggested that didn't make it into the first patch. By necessity.

Now, it's time for a more thought out, more detailed second patch. And here's a good thread to make those suggestions.

Starting off, we still need to make princesses relevant. There's no need to marry them off as it is. So let's get a reason to.

Any more suggestions for Patch 2?

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - "Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink." --Lady Astor to Winston Churchill ; "Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it." --His reply

--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS: http://www.dwad.net
--== Give performance reviews of your boss: http://www.rateyourboss.org
--== Everlasting Films Call Board: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/everlastingfilms

Largefry07
04-12-2004, 00:06
Starting off, we still need to make princesses relevant. There's no need to marry them off as it is. So let's get a reason to.[/url]
I know of one. Marry a princess off to a nation that you want to break agreements with and when the time comes for that nation to claim land, you deny and all relations are broken without a drop in KP.

EDIT:Please correct me if I'm wrong. I've only done this once.

Elvain
04-12-2004, 04:19
sorry if this will make somebody angry..but it was asked HERE, so here is what I suggest

A)Involvment of princesses:
1) If you marry your princess, your KP improves (but not in a case of lost war)
2) if you don't marry her out, you can send her into some monastery to gain piety and books like cleric
she will be controlled from royal dynasty window
she can gain experience as well as knights and finally she may become saint(i.e. if, at the moment of king's-father's death, she's at lvl5, there will be about 30%chance for her to become saint-if you have good relations with papacy-catholic, or have independent church-orthodox) what will give you constant happiness bonus
3) your princess married in another kingdom may become a spy-you can control her from royal dynasty window
actions:
I) asasinate king (medium-but very high risk of being caught=>casus belli=>war)
II) spread nostalgia in your former provinces (hard)
III) steal books (easy)
IV) spread your religion in random provinces (very hard)
V) improve relations-make the king happy (easy)
VI) ?-very brutal one -castration (almost impossible) disable giving a birth, very probable to lose influence (both sided-your influence on her-she wouldn't like to lose her children- as well as she can be caught and...your connections with her will be disabled)
VII) educate prince (hard, 2 levels per 1000 books), she educates her son, your king's nephew, in a way typical for your kingdom, what will make him very loyal to you. If successfull only lvl 1 - after claiming throne your nephew will be very loyal, asking you for advice before declaring wars, making peaces etc.
level 2 successfull - your nephew will become your puppet king, after his successfull claim.

Then, as mentioned somewhere else:
B)option to change trading good without canceling trade route
PS: trick of assingning merchant to govern a province doesn't work with the patch. Relations drop as well as in normalcase of cancelled route.

C)Positive diplomatic demands:
"sign a peace with.."
"sign an agreement with"

D)Trading lands as one of diplomatical actions

Zakarumite
04-12-2004, 05:31
And about the peace treaties? it ought to have the possibility to negociate the freedom of a cought knight with the enemy kingdom...

Zakarumite
04-12-2004, 05:44
another thing... the world map should extend for asia and africa - after all, isnt it the time of the crusades and all that stuff? :rolleyes:

Lighthope
04-12-2004, 21:16
I like the idea of princesses being a built-in spy.

Another needed improvement is to have more options when asking something of someone. I wanted a county to stop attacking my vassel, but that option wasn't there. Need that, definately.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - I came real close to seeing Elvis once, but my shovel broke.

--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS: http://www.dwad.net
--== Give performance reviews of your boss: http://www.rateyourboss.org
--== Everlasting Films Call Board: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/everlastingfilms

Elvain
04-12-2004, 21:38
And about the peace treaties? it ought to have the possibility to negociate the freedom of a cought knight with the enemy kingdom...yes, exchange of prisoners would be nice.
Would be nice-offer them peace and get my spy or marshal in exchange instead of paying huge sum of gold.

Sir Turylon
05-12-2004, 07:22
any of you play IG2? The game came out in 2000 and has one of the most complex dilpomatic models still.

Some options that might be good for KoH.

Try to improve relations:
A) Send gift of gold
B) Send message of goodwill
C) Send birthday message (yes, you could contact a foreign leader and wish him a happy b-day!)
D) Send trade good

Insult a leader:
A) Threaten them with war
B) Say his daughters are ugly
C) Make fun of the height of his son

Negotiate exchange:
A) Trade goods
B) prisoner exchange
C) land exchange
D) lend/lease military units

Demands:
A) sign peace with...
B) declare war on...
C) sign non-agression with...
D) excommunicate.... (pressure the pope)

I like the convent idea. Princesses should be more useful than just marriage tokens. Perhaps you could have them go to a monastary in the province they reside in. Once there, they cannot be recalled and remain there till they die. Saintdom seems a bit complicated... Maybe limit it to just a perminent boost to the piety output of the province that holds the remains of the saint? say.. +2 for 1st level cleric, up to +6 for level 5...

Cali Knight
07-12-2004, 21:54
Improvements on royal family
A royal family tree so that once a King dies his brother can take over.

When you win a battle in a province it gives you population more happyness depending on the size of the battle example when you win a battle against 200 soilders you gat more than 10 soilders.

Martinus
13-12-2004, 09:49
Let's suggest changes that are doable as a patch, as opposed to making it a different game or adding completely new game features.

I think first and foremost, the war AI needs improving and something needs to be done to prevent the overly fast annexations, leading to strange land configurations.

Maybe, when you conquer a province, you do not automatically gain control of it (even through the "assimilation" progress bar), but you have one of two choices:
1) Annex it (by clicking some button). This starts the current assimilation progress bar, but costs Kingdom Power, Piety and makes other nations dislike you (as you are acting like an usurper), or
2) Occupy it and be able to get it in a peace treaty from the former owner - that way you do not lose Kingdom Power, Piety etc.

This would make the war gains occur much slower.

Nosferatu
14-12-2004, 13:33
I think this is easy to make and should be changed in the next patch.

Refilling damaged units cost you as new units. Repair cost should depend on people count.

Example: Unit Templar (full cost: 2000); Men count: 20
Repairing Templar unit (10 men/20 total) 10/20=50 % = 1000 gold

It may seem a silly bug, but it's a major gameplay issue, as it actually makes it more worthwhile to disband damaged units and buy new one instead of refilling them.

Another thing is to make units gain experiance more quickly. I have units that have seen dozens of battles and are still 'rookies'. :blush:

Ivar
15-12-2004, 13:46
In order of impotance:

I really wish I could NOT use a marshal/spy/landlord/builder/merchant from the beginning to the end of the game. They should became old and die like kings.

I wish I could play a non realistic game where all provinces are indipendent at start.

I wish I could NOT break a city door without any siege units.

I wish I could buy the six military units of any town without the marshal.

I wish I could change units between different armies.

I wish I could let my princess get married (now it's simply a stupid idea).

I wish I could choose the portrait of my men.

Lord-Piecemeal
15-12-2004, 14:09
1) In single player, more spaces for Marshalls, merchants etc.

2) in Multi player, to have the Earl/kings pennent diff to the others on the battle field.

I know it shows in the small map as a square, but should be shown on the battlefield as well.

When you have light cav, this becomes confuseing.

3) The king/earl should have the best Cav(lances) and not the light cav.

Zakarumite
15-12-2004, 23:34
change your title from king to emperor, for exemple, would be very nice...

Zakarumite
16-12-2004, 00:16
Also, a way to reorder the town structures. I like to place all military buildings at the top of the cityes, so i aways delete all the structures and make it again, but it spent a lot of money... So its no funny at all :angry:

Irish
16-12-2004, 15:56
Please make the game HARDER! I don't care what you have to do, but I would like to lose some games. Winning everytime is BORING.

Ivar
16-12-2004, 21:33
Please make the game HARDER! I don't care what you have to do, but I would like to lose some games. Winning everytime is BORING.

I must agree.

Lord Nicko
16-12-2004, 23:42
1) In single player, more spaces for Marshalls, merchants etc.

I must agree with this one, yes need more marshalls. should be allowed at least 1 or more on each continent.

Plus we need more hotkey, to quickly find these marshalls, instead of using the minimap all the time!

Finellach
16-12-2004, 23:56
How about making a patch that doesn't disables your game!!!! I installed the first patch and now it asks of me to remove all antiviruses', anti-trojans and debuggers....I actually did all that and still it asks the same thing!!!

MAKE A PATCH THAT WORKS GODDAMNIT!!!!!!! :angry:

Lord Sandman
17-12-2004, 08:19

TOTALLY AGREE!!!